Profile for 37201xoIM > Reviews

Content by 37201xoIM

37201xoIM

Anker Astro E1 5200mAh Ultra Compact Portable Charger  External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ Technology for iPhone, iPad, Samsung, Nexus, HTC and More (Black)
Anker Astro E1 5200mAh Ultra Compact Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ Technology for iPhone, iPad, Samsung, Nexus, HTC and More (Black)
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars I suspect that from a full charge it would comfortably then charge my phone twice, 4 July 2015
So far, all positive - though I've had the product for less than a month. Charges my phone (a Blackberry Q20 Classic) very quickly indeed, though recharging the unit itself from the mains takes a fairly long time. I suspect that from a full charge it would comfortably then charge my phone twice, though have not checked in detail. While the build quality seems good, obviously I can't yet comment on how long-lasting and reliable the product is over the longer term. I should add that I also received an e-mail asking me to contact them (by replying to their message - so not the usual 'no reply' e-mail address!) if I have any problems - obviously I've not needed to take them up on this offer so far, but it does at least suggest a good standard of customer service.

Tapatalk
Tapatalk

1.0 out of 5 stars Works poorly on Blackberry Classic, 21 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Tapatalk (App)
As the ability to search through the available fora doesn't work (result always "No forums found" for any search term), the app is more or less useless for me, and I've deleted it.

Swees® 2650mAh High Capacity Battery for Blackberry Bold 9900 & 9930
Swees® 2650mAh High Capacity Battery for Blackberry Bold 9900 & 9930

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the rating suggests - but usable, 29 Oct. 2013
The battery works OK in my 9900, but the life is actually very similar to the stock item - certainly nothing like the extra life that the alleged 2,650mAh would suggest. OK as a spare but don't expect it to revolutionise your phone usage habits!

Lonely Planet Egypt (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet Egypt (Travel Guide)
by Lonely Planet

1.0 out of 5 stars Truly dire - beyond self-parody and practically useless, 21 Mar. 2013
I know Lonely Planet have been "dumbed down" somewhat since their heyday in the 1990s, but bought this as it was (at the time) the only post-revolution edition available. It was a waste of time and money!

The style of writing is now beyond parody - the "trendy vicar down with the kids" style which used to be just grating and annoying has become ridiculous.

The content is remarkably scant in terms of facts, historical/cultural/social/political context, and just plain information. One thing which is noticeable is that this guide is markedly thinner physically than its competitors such as Rough Guide - that should have warned me, but it's the quality of the content that is so dire.

My travelling companion had an out-of-date Rough Guide with him - despite the massive changes that have happened in Egypt in the last few years, his guide was far, far more useful. In fact the LP only came out of my bag to have a laugh at the risibly bad entries we would then compare with the information in his RG.

When there was concrete information and you could bring yourself ignore the ludicrous and sometimes plain illiterate style, the facts set out were just cursory and nothing like as helpful or comprehensive as the RG.

Even the maps aren't as good as they used to be - I'd never have believed it was possible to "dumb down" a map... but oh yes it is!

If all you ever go travelling for is to find the 'trendy bars' and pretend to hang out with locals (in a manner which actually bears no relationship with the cultural realities of the country you find yourself in), then perhaps this bizarre tome might just about be for you... But if you're an independent traveller interested in exploring a country off your own bat, seeing interesting places and learning a little about the place, this LP will at best disappoint but cause you some unintentional laughter - at worst it will really, really annoy you.

All in all, by some margin the worst guide book that I've ever come across intended for independent travellers!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 11, 2015 6:36 PM GMT