Profile for Miguel Sotto Mayor > Reviews

Content by Miguel Sotto Mayor

Miguel Sotto Mayor (Lisbon, Portugal)

Page: 1 | 2
Rock Jaw Alfa Genus V2 Earphones 3x Tuning Filters - British Engineered
Rock Jaw Alfa Genus V2 Earphones 3x Tuning Filters - British Engineered
Offered by everythingmobile

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the Price, 8 July 2016
I own what I consider very good headphones (Sennheiser hd25, ATH-M50x, and AKG K702). But I needed some in-ear for taking with me on travels and to listening music at night in the bed. I read some reviews and found this ones.
They are really great for the price! Sound good, comparing with my other headphones.
The filters are funny to play with, but in the end I think the neutral ones are the best ones, more balanced.
It's hard to see which is the Right or Left side, so I just used some red duck tape on the right side to help me identify it with low light.
The major problem for me, is that they feel down often. I tried the different silicon buds that come with it, but none was a perfect fit. That's the reason for the 4 stars.
Pardon for my english. Not my mother language.

Casio Gents G-Shock Premium Watch GA-1000-4AER
Casio Gents G-Shock Premium Watch GA-1000-4AER

4.0 out of 5 stars A Nice Watch, 18 Dec. 2014
Have it for 3 months, now.
I like the look of it and is easy to set. Love the backlight, that gives the watch a nice look in the dark.
But (and this is the reason for giving it only 4 star) the day of the week (on the top negative display), and the day of the Month and Month, the data from the compass, or even temperature reading (on the also negative display which is in the bottom) are hard to see in low light condicions, like some indoors conditions, or outdoor in the evening and night. For me this is a real handycap.
Anyway, you can notice that if you look at the photo of the watch, here at amazon. I really rather have that information with illumination instead of all the dots that come alive when you press the light button... But anyway, I recommend it - it is a really nice watch, for the price!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 22, 2015 5:09 PM BST

Casio G-Shock Men's Funk-Solar Collection Analogue Quartz Watch GW-3000M-4AER
Casio G-Shock Men's Funk-Solar Collection Analogue Quartz Watch GW-3000M-4AER

4.0 out of 5 stars Love this watch, but..., 22 Aug. 2014
I love this watch!
The reason I am giving it only 4 stars is the illlumination.
The Neo-brite, after a while it is impossible to see. During this months of July and August, although an entire day under the sun exposion, at night and after a while the illumination completely disappear...
Because of my work (as a technician on a tv station) where I have to be in the studios behind sets without any lights and always looking at my watch to check time by the second this watch is not the best option. I just went back to my Protrek 130-y with backlight illumination when I go to work.
But if you don't need that function to often, go for it - It's a really nice piece!

Handirack inflatable roof rack
Handirack inflatable roof rack
Offered by Roaduserdirect

3.0 out of 5 stars Good material, and easy to put on, but BEWARE OF RAIN...!, 29 Jan. 2014
I own the Handirack for the last 2 years. It's made of a good material.
I Use it a lot to carry my (5,6 meters long) sea kayak on the top of a (4 meters? long) Toyota Yaris, on both short and medium distances (up to 250kms from home), without any problems.
But some time ago I got some heavy rain on the road and suddenly the water started to drain copiuosly inside the car throught the Handirack straps. All the seats next to the four doors were completly wet, including my trouseres and shirt that were soaked...

So, buy it if you need something handy (it only takes 10 minutes to get ready) but don't use it with bad weather!

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: A Pop-up Book
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: A Pop-up Book
by Sam Ita

5.0 out of 5 stars Comics mixed with pop-ups, 22 Jan. 2014
A great book.
Loved the way that Sam Ita mixes the paper engineering with comics.
Because of that also bought from the same author "Moby Dick".
The kids like both books.
So, everybody is happy - 5*

Beauty and the Beast
Beauty and the Beast
by Robert Sabuda

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 22 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Beauty and the Beast (Hardcover)
I am a pop-up book enthusiast, and I am never disappointed when I buy a book from Robert Sabuda.
It's always a pleasure to see the paper engineering work of this man.
My kids love them too.

Avantree 10BN Bluetooth Hansfree Car Kit | Car Phone Bluetooth | in Car Speakerphone - Portable Hands free Bluetooth Car Kit
Offered by AvantreeDirect

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 18 Jan. 2014
For the price this product is ok.
Was easy to pair it with my Xperia Z1 and my wife's iPhone 3G.
The sound of the calls is good. People on the other side says that they can listen me well. I also have no problems to hear them.
Have to say that after 1/2 hour away from the car/device, the system auto disconnects and that is good, because at night when you arrive home, you don't need to remember to turn it off.
But sometimes, if I leave the car just for 10/20 minutes (for a coffee or so) and come back, I need to turn Off and On the Avantronics in order to reconize my phone or my wife's phone. It only happens sometimes, not always. When it happens, I try first to turn Off and On the bluetooth on the mobiles, but nothing happens. So I really need to turn Off and On the Avantronics to make again the connection to the mobiles...
This is the reason I am giving it just 4 stars.

SoundWave SW100 Rechargable Portable Bluetooth Speaker - Black
SoundWave SW100 Rechargable Portable Bluetooth Speaker - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound for the price & size, 18 Jan. 2014
Just received it yesterday, and since then I am enjoying it a lot.
It was very straight the connection from my Xperia z1 to the device, using bluetooth.
I brought it today to my work, and have been here on the my desktop playing all kind of music. From Eminem to The Lumineers, with some Adele, Nouvelle Vague and also some Piano Sonatas from Beethoven in between. Good frequency response on all kind of music.
Have to say that I work on a TV station, and just had with me some of the Sound engineers that are working here today, and all they agree that this device has a great sound for the price and for the size.
It's essential to use the non-slip pad that comes with the speaker. It really helps to reduce the vibration from the speaker to the place where you put it.
Also come with a minijack (3,5) to minijack (3,5) cable to connect directly to the speaker, in case you are using a mp3 player.
This is a good product to take with you on hollydays, camping, or like me, to take sometimes to work to replace the PC lousy speakers...
I have no intention to use it to make or receive call, so, I am not reviewing on that.

Just don't expect it to replace a proper hi-fi system . That is not the intention.
This is just a gadget with a very good quality sound for the size.

(and sorry for my English - it is not my mother language...)

Akasa Leo Tablet Stand - Orange
Akasa Leo Tablet Stand - Orange

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Solid and It does the job, 12 Jan. 2014
This Table Stand is made of one piece of solid Aluminium with rubber on the edges.
My wife use it in the kitchen to see recipes on the iPad and she is very happy.
And if she's happy, I am happy :)

RDX Cow Hide Leather Gel Boxing Gloves Sparring Punching Glove Bag Mitts Training Muay Thai T1
Offered by B2Fitness

5.0 out of 5 stars Huge but good quality, 16 May 2013
First of all, I bought this item from this same seller, but in a different site.

I choosed this gloves because of the graphite. I thinks most of the boxing gloves have a boring painting. So this ones are different and cool :)

I bought 14oz, and I used the scale at home to check if everything was ok, because they are huge comparing with other brands we have in the Gym (like Adidas, Everlasts, and so on). The weight was right - 14oz - So I presume that the big size of this gloves is because of the material inside - probably the gel they talk about -
Beside that, I can say that they are very confortable for sparring. And the quality seems very good.

If the size was more "standard", I would give it the 5 stars.

Update (2013/11)
After 6 months using this gloves 3 days x 1.5h a week:
The gloves looks like new! So, great material! Also very confortable, and give my hands good protection when sparring or hitting the bag.
Just order from the same company/brand some Focus pads and 6 Oz gloves to my son. I hope they are so good as this gloves are!

Just give them in this update one more star - 5* now!

Page: 1 | 2