Profile for Jack Jeffrey > Reviews

Content by Jack Jeffrey

Jack Jeffrey "J Jeffrey" (Cheshire, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Mens Ladies Christmas Jumper Xmas Novelty Knitwear LED Lights Sweater Threadbare, IMT159- Mid Grey Marl, Small

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality!, 21 Dec. 2014
Actually bought this for myself but the quality is very good indeed. Ive had the lights on for several hours now and no sign of fading (touch wood!)

Overall, I couldn't ask for anything else with this! Very chuffed.

Toshiba Satellite C855-2ET 15.6-inch Notebook (Silver)-(Intel Core i5-3230M 2.6/3.2GHz, 6GB RAM, 750GB HDD, Windows 8, USB 3.0)

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the purchase., 12 May 2013
I bought this laptop around the beginning of April. The specifications and the excellent price were what drove me to buying it (although a was rather skeptical about windows 8).

Pros:

Well-priced (the cheapest ive seen this laptop elsewhere is pushing £500, even on the Toshiba website).

High performance. The processor, combined with the generous RAM make this laptop very quick. It takes a matter of seconds to load up, literally.

The keyboard is nicely spaced out, not like other Toshiba Satellite models (C870, for example), where all the keys are directly next to one another.

The screen is superb; very clear and the colour is excellent.

The function keys (volume, brightness etc) on the keyboard are an excellent feature (although I have been using a desktop for the past 6 years and this is my first laptop!).

Cons:

Although the keyboard is well-spaced, it is rather 'bouncy' and flimsy, though it isn't at all unresponsive.

When the laptop is closed, the lid doesn't really firmly sit in place, so make sure its securely held when picking it up.

The built-in speakers are poor quality. There is SRS Premium Sound HD which enhances the sound which is a nice compromise.

Overall, for all your important needs (internet browsing, office work etc), this is an excellent laptop. A solid four stars for this item.

Nikon D3100 Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm VR Lens Kit (14.2MP) 3 inch LCD
Nikon D3100 Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm VR Lens Kit (14.2MP) 3 inch LCD
Offered by WAA Electronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you could need, for a first SLR, 1 Dec. 2012
Previous to this, I owned a Fujifilm Finepix HS10, for nearly 2 years.

I never seemed to be able to ever get into maximising all of its capabilities because I found it too complicated! The screen was poor, because it was very decieving. The quality always appeared to be ok, however when it came to uploading them on to my PC, the results were very dissapointing.

So, basically, I was using the camera without ever really knowing how the photos would come out until I got home!

The Nikon D3100, however, is a completely different story. Baring in mind I have upgraded from a bridge camera to a full-on SLR, the Nikon is so much easier to use! The screen is very good (although not as clear and crisp as the D5100 & D3200).
The viewfinder is excellent, no other word for it. I prefer to have the camera on the manaul setting as I have full control over the apperture and exposure (also very easy to alter).

This camera has a lot to offer, without taking forever to get to grips with, and with truly fantastic results to give.

For first-time users of SLR cameras, I couldn't think of a better way to start you off.

Fujifilm FinePix HS10 Digital Camera - (10MP, 30x Wide Optical Zoom) 3 inch Tilting LCD

4.0 out of 5 stars A great camera, if you know what you're doing, 8 April 2012
For anybody thinking about purchasing this camera (although there are newer versions available now), the automatic settings are nowhere near as good as I would expect from a camera of this price range. The colours, especially in dull conditions just dont come out as vibrant as what you or I would see them as.
If you put this camera in 'manual' mode, you have a lot more control in being able to ajust the white balance and even choosing where abouts on the picture you would like the camrea to focus on (e.g. top left or bottom right).
The instruction manual comes on a CD and it is vital that you read this before using the HS10 in order for you to be able to get the best possible use for it.

One Life [DVD]
One Life [DVD]
Dvd ~ Daniel Craig (Narrator)

3.0 out of 5 stars A potential alternative, 27 Oct. 2011
This review is from: One Life [DVD] (DVD)
This film is made up from various parts of Sir David Attenborough's recent documentory 'Life' though he does not narrate this film, instead Daniel Craig of all people has taken over here.

Incase anybody was thinking this was an entirely new Nature documentory, it isnt. Though for the price, its not too bad.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 1, 2011 9:41 AM GMT

Panasonic SC-HC30DBEBS DAB Micro System with iPod Dock
Panasonic SC-HC30DBEBS DAB Micro System with iPod Dock

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantasic, crisp quality of music, 31 Mar. 2011
I originally wanted to buy a simple dock that would only play music from an ipod, but i decided to spend a little more money in the intention that i would get a higher quality system, which i did.

This music system is epic. I have regually played music from this quite loud and it has certainly delivered. Obviously, it also plays CD's and it has a built in radio, so its not as simple as a standard ipod dock, but they are nice extra's to have.

Don't hesitate if you are looking for a stylish, high quality ipod music system, becuase its right here and at a great price.

Sony AD-5240A-0B 24x Internal DVDRW SATA Black Bare
Sony AD-5240A-0B 24x Internal DVDRW SATA Black Bare

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product, 2 Aug. 2010
I needed a new CD/RW drive for my computer because my old one had completely packed in, meaning a could not play DVD's, nor could i play any PC games.
I had no idea at the time which CD drive i wanted to get, but after having a good look at at some others on Amazon, i decided to choose this product, because of its great price and the good reviews it had recieved.
This new drive has completely solved all of the issues i was having on my old drive, its a brilliant CD/RW drive and at a good price.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (PC DVD)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (PC DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable, 21 April 2010
I had origionally purchased this game for my brother for his birthday, but after watching him play this game and seeing for myself how good the graphics were, I decided to buy the game for myself.
I am still amazed at this game. Seeing as it was released in 2006, the graphics are still awsome, they really are. Plus, the creators have provided so much to do for you to do as well. I have played it for over 200 hours and I still haven't finished yet.
For anybody thinking of buying this game, I would severely recommend purchasing it.
The controls may take a little time to get used to, but I guarantee it will be worth the wait.
I hope this review is fairly helpful to anybody wanting of thinking of getting this game soon.

Karrimor Unisex Traveller Hiking Shoe Navy/Pewter K083NPT153 8 UK
Karrimor Unisex Traveller Hiking Shoe Navy/Pewter K083NPT153 8 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Product, 10 Mar. 2010
These shoes are able to provide a mixture of comfort, grip and sportiness to you and only for a very small price as well.
I am very happy with these shoes and I would most definately reccomend them.

The Sims 2: Pets (PSP)
The Sims 2: Pets (PSP)
Offered by TnsDealsUK

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but nowhere near as good as the PC version., 13 Feb. 2010
This game, for me, was quite a let-down. The main reasons for this are because:

1. You can only choose from a small list of houses that are available and they all have only one floor, you cannot make any of the houses have and upstairs.
2. You can't extend you're house in any way, by removing walls or adding new walls.
3. You can only have a limited amount of funriture/objects in you're house before this fire hazard appears and once this is exeeded, a random fire will appear completely out of the blue.

I can understand that is was never possible to provide as much availability on this game for the PSP compared to the PC in terms of items/graphics/running speed, but its a real shame that this has been done because this game had real potential. Besides these issues above, the game really is enjoyable to play.

I Hope this review helps for anybody planning on buying this game in the future.

Page: 1 | 2