Profile for Maisey > Reviews

Maisey (UK)

Together We Were Made
Together We Were Made

5.0 out of 5 stars Two portions of pop perfection, 24 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Together We Were Made (Audio CD)
Not everyone likes The Feeling. Personally I have really enjoyed their previous two releases and was keen to hear what they had spent nearly 3 years coming up with. And I wasn't at all disappointed - both of the discs in this special edition have some amazing pop songs on, and there isn't really a song I dislike. For whatever reason The Feeling's 'sound' isn't fashionable at the moment, but I would urge you to try this album out and give it a few listens before you pass judgement. The melodies are catchy, the lyrics have a habit of getting cemented into your brain, and after having listened almost constantly to this album for weeks now there isn't a song that I skip though when it comes up on my iPod.

Disc one (the main album) is much more electronic that much of their previous music and they are venturing into new teritory with collaborations aplenty. Disc 2 is much more of a traditional approach with more guitar based music. Different but equally brilliant.

Anyway, I'd really recommend this album and also catching The Feeling in concert if they are round your neck of the woods as they are really good live!

Puma Women's Short Sleeve Advanced Shirt- White, Size 10
Puma Women's Short Sleeve Advanced Shirt- White, Size 10

2.0 out of 5 stars Breathing optional..., 24 Aug. 2011
I am a size 14 and ordered this in a size 16. I could hardly get it on and I definitely wouldn't be able to exercise comfortably in it so I have had to send it back. Seemed nice quality (and comes in a box?!?) but definitely order one or even two sizes up.

The Hunting Of The Snark From The Mike Batt Archive Series (CD+DVD Set)
The Hunting Of The Snark From The Mike Batt Archive Series (CD+DVD Set)
Offered by musicMagpie

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant. Just brilliant., 24 Nov. 2010
We had this album on tape when I was a kid and I can remember the watching of the televised version in 1987 being a great occasion. It was constantly on in the car for long journeys and listening to it again now for the first time in at least 15 years I have remembered why. The music doesn't sound dated at all, the orchestrations are deep and lovely, and the cast members are frankly amazing. Also, I still remember 90% of the words which is pretty impressive.

If you've never heard this album before - get it, listen to it though a couple of times and I guarantee you will be impressed. I'm just so pleased that it's out again - and I really hope it's more of a success this time round. It deserves to be!

Gary Go
Gary Go
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars WONDERFUL, 25 May 2009
This review is from: Gary Go (Audio CD)
Each of the songs on this album is perfectly crafted with interesting and moving lyrics, and a great depth to the production. Overall the sounds is really hopeful and uplifting - just put on Wonderful, sit back and feel better. Gary Go's vocals are warm and the whole record feels like a great big hug - Open Arms indeed!

Open Arms / Take Back Words
Open Arms / Take Back Words
Offered by Townsend Records

5.0 out of 5 stars This song is also Wonderful, 20 May 2009
Open Arms is the follow up to Wonderful, Gary Go's debut single, and is a really great track. Rousing chorus, strong lyrics and a catchy tune - what more could you ask for? Looking forward to the album which is due out 25th May.

Join With Us
Join With Us
Offered by positivenoise

4.0 out of 5 stars Catchy pop at its best, 17 Sept. 2008
This review is from: Join With Us (Audio CD)
Join With Us is the title track from The Feeling's current album and is a perfect morsel of catchy, feel good pop. Gillespie Sell's vocal is strong as always and the lyrics demand to be sung along with. The tracks from The Feeling's second album somehow aren't as immediately accessible as those on their debut (Tweleve Stops and Home) but give this couple of listens and only the most hard hearted will fail to be tapping their feet.