Profile for Miranda J > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
S-ZONE Canvas & Beach Tote Bag Brown Size:
S-ZONE Canvas & Beach Tote Bag Brown Size:

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 13 April 2016
Not happy with this purchase. Reasonable bag but quite heavy when empty so not great for commuting - usual stuff inside (purse, phones, keys, etc) and it weighs a lot, making it hard work over a long day.

Only one star given because after only a couple of months one of the metal clips that hold the shoulder strap to the back has broken and the lining is coming away in one of the compartments. Not eligible for return now so stuck with a bag that I can't carry over my shoulder.

What We Do In The Shadows [DVD]
What We Do In The Shadows [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jemaine Clement

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Film, 27 Feb. 2015
I loved this so much, I can't wait for the DVD! I really like the mockumentary format and this is just so wonderful - great performances and a brilliant idea. Seriously good.

Bill Bailey: Qualmpeddler (Live 2013) [DVD]
Bill Bailey: Qualmpeddler (Live 2013) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bill Bailey

5.0 out of 5 stars Ooh, the laughy pains, 19 Nov. 2013
Saw him live in October, and it took the whole weekend for my cheeks to stop aching. The funniest man on the planet! Ever!

LEGO Architecture 21008: Burj Khalifa
LEGO Architecture 21008: Burj Khalifa
Offered by WEG STORE JAPAN [Shipping from Japan]

3.0 out of 5 stars Not much of a challenge, 8 Feb. 2013
My son is fascinated with this structure and still loves Lego, so this seemed an ideal gift. It's a bit pricey, but I thought it would be something to keep him occupied for a while. This is not the case, however - it didn't take very long at all to complete and although the finished article is a nice novelty, I really don't think this is worth the cost. Good quality, which you would expect from Lego, but not enough of a challenge.

Illyquore Coffee Liqueur 70 cl
Illyquore Coffee Liqueur 70 cl

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious, 8 Feb. 2013
A stunning flavour that adds a new dimension to coffee ice cream (thanks to Nigella's wonderfully easy recipe.) Also delicious as an after dinner tipple in its own right - beautiful texture and actually tastes of espresso rather than just coffee.

4 Pair Ladies Cosy Soft Fleece Non Slip Slipper/Lounge Socks - Mixed Colours (One Size: Regular)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect gift, 8 Feb. 2013
Lovely socks for a daughter that doesn't like slippers but who feels the cold. Cosy, cuddly and cute - they went down a treat.

Sailing By - BBC Four Theme
Sailing By - BBC Four Theme

5.0 out of 5 stars For the night owls...., 8 Feb. 2013
If I'm up late enough to catch the shipping forecast, I'm always enchanted by this piece of music; why it's taken me so many years to purchase it is beyond me! How this simple tune manages to evoke the sea; somehow, when listening to it, I am transported to a lighthouse or a remote cottage on a tiny island, subject to the vagaries of the British weather - it makes me remember I live on an island. Light music it may be, but it always delivers

Burst Apart
Burst Apart

5.0 out of 5 stars Another superb album from The Antlers, 24 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Burst Apart (MP3 Download)
So different from Hospice, this album has a lighter, fresher feel about it; I love the darkness of Hospice, but I equally love this selection of perfectly crafted songs. Still addressing difficult issues, and still retaining the edge that sets them apart from other, less confident bands, there is a surety and a maturity about this album that made it, for me, an instant favourite.

I've only been aware of The Antlers for a couple of days, having been recommended to listen to Hospice, and I'm a fully-fledged fan already. This one has something of Bon Iver lurking in some of its tracks, as well as more obvious comparisons - Radiohead have been much mentioned by other reviewers, and who am I to argue? But The Antlers are most definitely not standing of the shoulders of giants; they are in control and producing music with heart, soul and brilliance in their own right and in their own style. A wonderful addition to my Sunday morning playlist.

Bols Creme de Cacao White Liqueur 50 cl
Bols Creme de Cacao White Liqueur 50 cl

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh my!, 24 Jan. 2013
The most gorgeous chocolate flavour in a glass. Great as a postprandial tipple, excellent in cocktails and it makes fantastic jelly shots and ice cream.

Blandys - Duke of Clarence - Malmsey - Rich Madeira 75cl
Blandys - Duke of Clarence - Malmsey - Rich Madeira 75cl
Offered by DrinkSupermarket

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious, 24 Jan. 2013
I bought this for use in a recipe for a New Year's dinner and I wasn't disappointed - with the recipe or this rich and warm drink. There was plenty left for a glass or two after I'd made the meal, and I'll most definitely be buying Madeira again.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5