Profile for RR > Reviews

Warwick Traditional Durable Cast Iron 22" Black Companion Set, Black Loop
Warwick Traditional Durable Cast Iron 22" Black Companion Set, Black Loop
Offered by S&MC Supplies

3.0 out of 5 stars They lied, 14 Dec. 2015
Summary: It's fine. It's a cheap but well-enough made piece of kit. But if you want something that looks like the picture (as of 2015-12-14) then re warned of the following:

Okay, so here's the problem I have with this tool-set.

It's not how it's pictured. It's not in the same proportions, and is a lot more squat that the picture suggests.

It's also not fully assembled as the box claims, so if you're in a shop looking at it and searching Amazon for opinions, that bit of advertising is a straight out lie. I don't know if photographs can be described as being a lie or just misleading.

Perhaps weo could be generous and think the appearance in pictures is an accident of perspective rather than manipulation. But then again the brush also appears to be circular in the photo (I have now grabbed) from Amazon's site, and brush we received is rectangular (which the box _does_ get right).

I will try to post more info on this with pictures, when I have the time to label / add scales too, but need to find the time to do that (sorry, Christmas jobs!). But, as a quick example, on the shovel I measure the following:

Handle: 100mm
Stem: 63mm
Shovel: 173mm

With a quick Photoshop manipulation I can see the proportions in the main photo would suggest the stem is about 2.5 times the shovel length.
(the handle vs shovel ratio may be accurate).

As far as quality goes, they appear to be okay but not great.

The disappointment my wife and I had was simply that the product isn't as pictured. The picture suggests a more elegant set of tools than we received (I realise elegant is in the eye-of-the-beholder, but presume Bakaware feel the same, hence presenting the particular set of pictures they've given us).

Precision PREC0047 Mains Powered LED Bedside Alarm Clock
Precision PREC0047 Mains Powered LED Bedside Alarm Clock
Offered by KNIGHT RIDER

4.0 out of 5 stars Good choice, easy to read., 8 Oct. 2014
Wouldn't mind a slightly dimmer mode (a third option), but otherwise this works perfectly.

Transcend All-in-1 Multi-Card Reader Device (SDHC/SDXC/MSXC USB 3.0) Black
Transcend All-in-1 Multi-Card Reader Device (SDHC/SDXC/MSXC USB 3.0) Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 8 Oct. 2014
Does the job very well. As described, basically.

Philips AVENT SCD525/00 DECT Eco Baby Monitor (with Temperature Sensor)
Philips AVENT SCD525/00 DECT Eco Baby Monitor (with Temperature Sensor)

2.0 out of 5 stars Faulty product, Philips not interested in taking responsibility., 23 July 2014
I bought this a few years ago, and right on queue (just after the warranty expired) it stopped working fully - the display is corrupted to the point of not being readable.

I realise I may "just" have a faulty unit, but Philips were not interested in repairing the unit for me nor looking at it - they seemed very keen on me buying another monitor, instead.

I will, just not with a Philips model. I'll go somewhere where if something breaks when I think most people would expect it to still work the manufacturer would just consider that their product should have lasted and offer a replacement.

(I intend to peruse this further, and I'll see what Which have to say, if one might expect this to last a bit longer. I'll update with more news when there is some)

Zelda : The Ocarina Of Time (N64)
Zelda : The Ocarina Of Time (N64)

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic. If you see this and have the time, buy it, play it., 3 April 2014
Usually when you play a game, whether you're new to gaming or play so much your hands are twisted into the shape of your controller, there's some nagging parts of a game that will annoy you. Just a little, perhaps, but enough that you'll remember the bad and it will take away from the good.

With this game, though, I can't think of a single thing negative like that. I've played through it twice, and I've helped a non-gamer friend of mine play it (he didn't really need any help, but he was keen to show me bits of the game as _he_ discovered them).

This game is simply a total delight.

DARK PURPLE ADJUSTABLE ARMBAND GYM RUNNING JOGGING SPORTS CASE COVER HOLDER FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY S2 i9100 FROM GB ONLINE SALES - FREE UK DELIVERY
Offered by GB Online Sales

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and protects from rain, 25 Sept. 2013
Accidentally went on a run in the rain and it worked very well. It is very tight to my Galaxy SII, so just check it's not touching the power or volume buttons!

EC DUSTING BRUSH TURNABLE 35-32MM / real hair, super soft / included reducer 35>32mm
Offered by hibuy

5.0 out of 5 stars Very soft as it says, a handy dusting tool, 25 Sept. 2013
Bought for a cleaner that didn't come with one, and I have used it on TVs and monitors (albeit carefully).

Anker® 1900mAh Li-ion Battery For Samsung Galaxy S2 II GT-I9100, Galaxy S2 II I9100, Galaxy S2 II 9100G, EB-F1A2GBU

5.0 out of 5 stars Has given my Galaxy SII a new least of life, 25 Sept. 2013
This is a very handy battery to replace any flagging battery you have (batteries become less efficient as they age).

Whereas my original battery had started needed to be charged twice a day, realistically, this lasts over a day with similar use.

Gordon's Got a Snookie
Gordon's Got a Snookie
by Lisa Shanahan

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy for anyone. Certainly not little children (, 19 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Gordon's Got a Snookie (Hardcover)
Okay, so my assumption based on the pictures and very basic sentences is this is aimed at a very young children, although the description says 3 - 7 year-olds.

However, the mixed group of four 2-4 year-olds who saw this at my house didn't like it (my daughter was scared by the first picture, a reaction I've never seen before over many books).

A bunch of adult teachers I showed it to (who happened to be relations) thought, variously, it was odd or disturbing or just badly written, and with a very odd subtext that seems to be innuendo (if you see the book you'll see what I mean).

(BTW, everyone shown the book was just asked "what do you think of this?" or similar, not "this book is rubbish, what do you think?" so I could claim some independence between tests and to avoid demand characteristics.)

So, basically, avoid this book. There are plenty of others you can grab. I see the other reviewer (at the time of writing - one 5 star review and this review) said 13-year-olds enjoyed it, but this is a infant's book, so it may have been a nice distraction for them, but is hardly a teenager friendly book.

[This is now the only book I have simply thrown away, rather than give to friends/a charity shop!]

Plants vs. Zombies
Plants vs. Zombies

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive gameplay, 12 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Plants vs. Zombies (App)
I've bought this twice now, PC and Android. This is slimmer but cheaper and the gameplay is still wonderfully addictive.
Odd loading phenomenon on my Galaxy SII, but such a fun game.
If it works on your device, buy it!

Page: 1 | 2