Profile for Mr. Joseph Byrne > Reviews

Content by Mr. Joseph Byrne

Mr. Joseph Byrne

Garmin Zumo 590LM Motorbike Carry Case for 5 inch Sat Nav
Garmin Zumo 590LM Motorbike Carry Case for 5 inch Sat Nav

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case, which should have been included with the 590LM, 29 Dec. 2014
Fantastic case, stylish and durable, however, if you look up the purchase price of a 590LM you'll wonder as I do why it was not included and had to be purchased separately.

Get Sh*t Done!: From spare room to boardroom in 1,000 days
Get Sh*t Done!: From spare room to boardroom in 1,000 days
by Niall Harbison

2.0 out of 5 stars A rambling monologue, 29 Dec. 2014
This book rambles through Harbison's experiences as he meandered from being a successful Chef through founding two new media start ups with varying degrees of success. From my point of view the five prominent learnings from this book are as follows, Juice your breakfast to make the meal more efficient, outsource your housework, build your personal brand, win ugly and be consistent throughout. The rest of the book while being an interesting story wasn't very focused.

The catchy title which drew me into the book to begin with rears its head at every possible opportunity to the point of which it becomes thoroughly irritating, like a colleague who has come back from a course and only retained one idea which they incessantly impart upon you.

I found Harbison was also contradictory in several places and made many references to his wealth and flash car then ultimately denounced wealth as a poor goal at the end of the book.

Finally Harbison lost almost all credibility with me when half way through the book he admitted, "I used to be a menace on the roads as I pinged through Whatsapp looking for updates as I snaked through traffic." This was supposed to be a positive outcome of him having abandoned his smart phone so he no longer behaved like this. However, anyone who thinks this type of behaviour is even remotely acceptable under any circumstances is not worthy of your time. It takes a split second to kill someone because you prioritised your phone over watching the road. Harbison would do well to Google, "smartphone car accident" to educate himself in this respect.

Got No Fans
Got No Fans

5.0 out of 5 stars A festive Christmas Cracker, 18 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Got No Fans (MP3 Download)
This is like 2009 all over again. A fantastic festive tune with all the right festive ingredients. Perfect for an evening around the fire with friends, family and loved ones.

Lumie Brightspark - SAD Lightbox for SAD Light Therapy at Your Desk
Lumie Brightspark - SAD Lightbox for SAD Light Therapy at Your Desk

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted, 6 Mar. 2011
I bought this light box as a reflex action on the first really dull Autumn day of the year. I felt the dark closing in and got onto Amazon as I'd heard very positive things about light boxes from peers and on the internet. 2 days later it arrived, I fired it up and felt the relief instantly. Light therapy is very effective for me and this is a sturdy yet stylish and elegant light box that sits nicely on an office desk. I recommend this product and note that the price you pay above a standard light box can be found in the quality and style of the product.

Killing In The Name (Album Version) [Explicit]
Killing In The Name (Album Version) [Explicit]

5.0 out of 5 stars A Christmas Classic, 17 Dec. 2009
What a wonderful festive track. It has all the elements, slay bells, church bells and a wonderful festive chorus. I heard this in my car on the way home from work today and it really put me in the festive mood. I turned it up loud and made a mental note to download it as soon as I got home. This will be on my Christmas dinner playlist with out doubt.

FIREPLACE
FIREPLACE

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 23 Dec. 2008
This review is from: FIREPLACE (Blu-ray)
This Bluray is awful and does not look like a realistic fire. All my guests agreed. I am returning it as a matter of urgency. If you want a realistic fire look elsewhere.

Fireplace [Blu-ray]
Fireplace [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Timm Hogerzeil

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 22 Dec. 2008
This review is from: Fireplace [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
This blu ray disc is totally disappointing. One wouldn't think creating a realistic video of a fire would be a particularly challenging task, however, this film completely fails. The flames are shot too close so that the household fire effect is lost. There is no illusion and the effect is similar to throwing petroleum on your barbecue and plunging your face into the resulting flames.

In a word awful and soon to be returned.

XFX nVidia GF FX5200, 256MB VGA and DVI Graphics Card
XFX nVidia GF FX5200, 256MB VGA and DVI Graphics Card

5.0 out of 5 stars Great card, 8 Jun. 2006
Like some of the other people here I bought a Dell PC then upon realising the graphics weren't up to much, bought a PCI - Express graphics card and opened the computer only to find there wasn't a slot. And like those above I had to return it and look for a PCI card.

I bought this card so I could utilise the DVI input on my monitor, output to TV and hopefully make media centre more stable. Now as I type this I have media centre playing music with full visualisation on my tv and I can work on the PC no problems. There has been a considerable improvement in performance from what wasn't a sluggish system to begin with. P4 3.2 with 2 gig of ram. If you've bought a cheaper dell PC that only has PCI slots then this card is your systems saving grace. Highly recommended.