Profile for Mr. Gary D. Sands > Reviews

Content by Mr. Gary D. Sands

Mr. Gary D. Sands

Speck FitFolio Tablet Case Cover with Built-In Stand and Closing Tab for Google Nexus 7 (2012) - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit of protection without too much bulk., 25 May 2013
Nicely made case; fits the Nexus 7 very closely whilst still giving access to all the buttons and ports. I bought this mainly to give some protection whilst travelling - and on this count it passes. When the stand is used in the shallow typing mode it works perfectly. For the more upright display angles there are four little grooves on the inside of the cover that the side of the case kind of sits in. However i've found that really only the two more upright positions really work - it tends to slide out of the other two pretty easily.

Adds a healthy dose of protection without turning your lovely slim Nexus 7 into too much of a brick. The stand feature is an added bonus for me.

Draper 30768 5pc open end wrench set
Draper 30768 5pc open end wrench set
Offered by Switched on

3.0 out of 5 stars they'll do for backup/emergency, 28 Mar. 2010
I added this set of spanners to a small emergency toolkit i carry in the car/motorcycle. They arrived with a few rust spots - but quite easily cleaned off.

Unless your strapped for cash invest in a much more expensive set if your going to use them often.

LED Lenser Police Tech Focus Torch (Black) - Gift Box
LED Lenser Police Tech Focus Torch (Black) - Gift Box

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright white disc of brilliance, 1 Feb. 2010
I've been looking for something led to replace my 10 year old aa maglite.
Was going to stick to maglite - but then found this.

Looks very well constructed, looks even better than i remember my maglite looking 10 years ago - so should last well.

It got dark outside so time to test.. i put some fresh batteries in my old maglite, picked up the new lenser and went outside.
First on the old maglite, yep looks fine to me. Next on the lenser, Oh my.. that is good, no that's better than good, that's incredible. At the end of the garden the pale yellow light from the maglite is obliterated by a bright white disc of brilliance.

Focus works good, button is in good place, feel sturdy, perfect.

I bought this to replace an aa maglite - but you just can't compare the two.

Don't hesitate, this is a great product.

Gerber  Clutch Mini-Pliers Tool - Grey
Gerber Clutch Mini-Pliers Tool - Grey

1.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed, 2 weeks then in the bin., 14 Jan. 2010
Bought this to keep handy on my key ring as a back up to my main knife and to have a few tools with me when sailing.

Initially very pleased. But after just one week of occasional use (on land) the main blade now opens just enough in my pockets to be a danger (one cut). After two weeks the tweezers separated, one half stays put - the other half goes into the gap between the body and the outer scale.

I can't be bothered with it any more - i expected a lot more from what i thought was a quality manufacturer. Was going to put it in the car glove box, but i don't want to see the thing again - especially in an emergency. It's in my bin if you really want one!

So barely good enough to use maybe twice a week.

Don't waste your money on this - get a leatherman squirt Leatherman Squirt P4 Multi Tool Grey - Gift Boxed or.. i replaced my clutch with a tiny swiss army knife "mini champ" Victorinox 06385 Army Knife Mini Champ- no pliers, but everything else. It oozes a precision and quality that the clutch can only dream of.

CASIO G-SHOCK Men's Quartz Watch with Black Dial Digital display and Black Resin Strap G-9100-1ER
Offered by WEJEWELLERY

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for me, 21 Aug. 2009
Purchased this watch to use the countdown timer when dinghy racing. Buttons are ok to use with gloves. Took about a week of fine tuning to get the tide graph ok - but its good enough now for a rough idea and may save me yet!
World time is handy for my work, the alarm may just about wake me!

Fits fine on my small wrist. Comfy.

Is it tough? Well I was given an old g-shock dw-9000 that a relative found buried in pebbles and shingle on a local beach. I'll never know how long it had been rolling in and out on the tides - but it still worked. It was missing a couple of buttons - but these watches are TOUGH!!

Whatever you put yourself through. your g-shock will tell you what time it happened!

Fantastic watch.