Profile for Jessica > Reviews

Content by Jessica

Jessica "Goldilockz" (Hull, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18
Amazon Protect 5 year Accidental Damage & Breakdown Cover for Portable Audio from £10 to £19.99
Offered by London General Insurance Company Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars A wise investment and exemplary customer service., 16 Nov. 2016
This was a wise purchase. I go through earphones so quickly as I use my Creative 630 earphones constantly while working. When Amazon introduced the 5 year breakdown and accidental damage cover, I decided to go for it. I accidentally caught the earphone cord in my hair straighteners while I was doing my hair, and the sound quality was quite distorted after this. I contacted the company and they arranged for a new pair of earphones to be sent out within 24 hours, amazing! You also have the option to choose an Amazon gift voucher instead. I would highly recommend this service.

FOREO LUNA Mini 2 Facial Cleansing Brush, Pearl Pink
FOREO LUNA Mini 2 Facial Cleansing Brush, Pearl Pink
Offered by Foreo

5.0 out of 5 stars The best thing I have ever done for my skin!, 16 Nov. 2016
I bought this device after watching several YouTube videos and reading several skincare blogs in a bid to take care of my combination skin, which becomes unbearably dry and sensitive in the winter months. Having previously owned the Clarisonic, I was looking for something that provided similar results without being abrasive on my skin, and that I could use daily. Bingo! This is it.

You use it for two full minutes, which seems like a long time, but I think it’s sufficient for the full face, leaving your skin feeling deeply cleansed before switching off. It works with any cleanser, cream or foam, but I would avoid using exfoliants on it as these may be too harsh. In addition, the Luna Mini 2 does a decent job of exfoliating your skin so the need for a separate one is diminished. It is so lovely to use and my skin feels so much softer and more refreshed than when I just use my hands. In addition, my skin is considerably less dry and irritated than when I began using it, and I was complimented by a friend recently who said I have the skin of a 10-year old (I am three times that age!) It is an investment as it’s an expensive piece of kit, but in my opinion, it’s so worth it and it is durable enough to last for many years without any part needing replaced. It also operates for an extremely long time on one charge so there is no need to keep replacing batteries, just pop it in the shower and go! My skin has looked fresher and, dare I say it, more youthful since I started using the Luna Mini 2 and I am less prone to acne break-outs since it cleanses so deeply. A wise investment for your skin! It helps that it comes beautifully packaged and looks really cute on my bathroom shelf! I think this would make a wonderful Christmas present for any lady (or indeed, gentleman) who is looking to improve the condition of their skin.

The Foodie Teen
The Foodie Teen
by Alessandra Peters

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing recipe book, for adults as much as teenagers., 15 Nov. 2016
This review is from: The Foodie Teen (Hardcover)
There are so many healthy/ clean eating books on the market, it's difficult to know where to begin! I'm a 30-something, so no teenager, but I loved this book. It's definitely up there with the Hemsleys and, despite being targetted at the younger market, I found it very informative and the recipes a joy to make. It's not patronising like some of these books, which assume the reader has no prior knowledge of healthy eating, and I keep going back to it to make snacks and chocolate treats on a Sunday. My favourites are the healthy Ferrero Rochers. Alessandra has brought us an amazing book!

Bliss Oils - Essential Oils Aromatherapy Top 4 Gift Set - 100% Natural & Pure With Eucalyptus, Lavender, Sweet Orange & Lemongrass Oil in 10ml Glass Bottles. Created With Love By The Home Bliss Company

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely gift, and the accompanying e-book is invaluable!, 15 Nov. 2016
I spent a long time searching for the perfect gift for my mother-in-law, and certainly think I found it in this beautiful set. I have come across essential oil kits that look cheap and have very diluted oils. This set, in comparison, is compact, classy and the oils are absolutely beautiful, a lovely mix which can be blended to suit the mood. The e-book I received shortly after purchasing this set is extremely informative and interesting. All in all, the perfect present and a very reasonable price.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Most effective on the market, and I've tried a few!, 14 Nov. 2016
I came home from holiday to a cupboard full of packets that had been eaten into by pesky mice and kitchen sponges in bits. I am terrified of mice, so this was a big concern for me, I couldn't relax for wondering if the mouse was lurking in my house (irrational, I know but every noise I heard, I imagined as a rodent out to get me). I didn't want to kill the mice, or set down traps that would mean me having to look at them and get rid of them somehow, so I bought these repellent devices in the hope they would keep them away without having to resort to physical measures.

Setting them up is very simple: it's just a case of plugging them into a wall socket close to the ground, in separate rooms if possible. I have tried pest repellers in the past that have emitted a very high pitched noise, audible to humans and pets as well as mice. These are terrific. They seem to have an instant effect, and do not emit a noise that can be heard by humans. Despite using them with some trepidation (I was convinced the mice would love the noise and bring their friends to my cupboards!) I have not had any issues with mice since, and have had far fewer spiders in my house (they don't bother me, but I thought it was worth mentioning that this device seems to deter insects too). The plugs are really small and discreet too, smaller than a plug-in air freshener so they're not at all imposing. Really pleased with this purchase, the most effective and best value pest repeller on the market.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 24, 2016 12:15 AM GMT

The Light of Pure Knowing: Thirty Meditations on the Essence of Non-Duality (Book and six MP3 CD Box Set - 18 Hours of Audio)
by Rupert Spira
Edition: MP3 CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Life changing. Undoubtedly one of the most important purchases I've ever made., 8 Nov. 2016
I bought this set after reading several books by 'spiritual masters' such as Eckhart Tolle, and wanting to progress my search for 'the truth'. I feel that such books have given me an amazing foundation, but I wanted to go deeper and really find the ability to apply their principles. My life has been thwarted by fear and anxiety which has become progressively worse as time has gone on, and I find myself ruminating over the smallest, most insignificant things, yet unable to see past them or disconnect from them. This set has been absolutely invaluable, and I cannot thank Rupert Spira enough for putting it together. I really hope to meet him one day. I don't think it would be exaggerating to say it is one of the most significant and valuable purchases I have ever made.

The set consists of 6 CDS, a total of 30 meditations or talks. I listen to them in the morning when getting ready for work, or when winding down in the evening. I am progressing slowly through the CDs as I don't want to rush them, savouring every word and listening to each meditation several times, absorbing its message. Although I have listened to only a few, I already feel it having an impact on my mental state and general happiness, as I become aware of this imaginary/ illusory self that I am so tied up in, and see through it to the extent that my anxiety loosens its grip and I am able to glimpse the peace and happiness that have eluded me for a very long time. Last night, I found anxiety washing over me before bed, and I quickly went from a state of calm to near-panic. I listened to one of these meditations and really paid attention. I very soon realised what my anxiety was telling me. It was a signal, alerting me to the fact I was entwined by the ego and I needed to align with my true nature. OK, I understand this sounds airy fairy to some people (trust me, I'm a Glaswegian so more cynical than most!) but once I had read and listened to several of Rupert's works, I realised it was my ego trying to grab me by labelling them in a certain way. Frankly, if listening to these talks have such a positive impact as they do, who cares if the language is a little fluffy?!

I am so excited to delve deeper into the messages presented in these talks, and really live my life aligned with awareness rather than this illusory self that sinks into anxiety and fear at the slightest provocation. I am starting to see through its games, and to realise that it has never really served me. Rather, it has provided obstacles to peace and happiness, and I've come to a point in my life where I've had enough, and want to experience things differently. I encourage anyone who feels they are ready to buy this set. I can't imagine it will be anything but immensely positive and enlightening to anyone who takes it seriously. I really hope your experience is as wonderful as mine has been so far.

Luxury Essential Oils Set Includes 10ml Lavender, 10ml Bergamot, 10ml Rosemary, 10ml Eucalyptus Essential Oil, 50ml Almond Carrier Oil, Pipette Bottle, Dripper Bottle, Roller Bottle And Our 100 Recipe Book, Make Your Own Blends Now
Offered by Prime Luxury

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely gift for anyone interested in aromatherapy!, 8 Nov. 2016
I bought this for my partner's mother as a gift, as she has an oil burner and also enjoys making her own candles and soaps. She was delighted with this gift. The oils are beautifully presented in a large silver box, and the book that accompanies them is a great little addition for anyone wishing to test out different oil blends for aromatherapy purposes. Great gift, and excellent value too.

Shaveology Advanced 2-In-1 Anti-Aging After Shave Balm Infused With Golden Seaweed - 4Oz Bottle - Hydrates And Protects Skin All Day Long
Offered by SHAVEOLOGY

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, ideal for sensitive or dry skin., 8 Nov. 2016
I purchased this balm in addition to a few other Shaveology products for a friend. The products in this range come extremely well-packaged and look very up-market, like they wouldn't look out of place in a department store, so first impressions were overwhelmingly positive. My friend has very sensitive and acne-prone skin so has to be careful about which products to apply to it. He had no problems whatsoever with the Shaveology range however. This balm smells beautiful and is extremely soothing on the skin. It isn't irritating, nor does it sting, but leaves a very soft and moisturised finish. I can't fault any of the products in this range. They are terrific value for money and I will be purchasing more as gifts.

Vitamin B12 Methylcobalamin 1000mcg 180 Tablets (6 Month Supply) by Nutribioticals
Offered by Nutribioticals Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Definite surge in energy associated with these vitamins!, 8 Nov. 2016
Having complained recently of lethargy and general malaise, a friend suggested I try vitamin B12 supplements, as vitamin B12 is lacking in most diets. I researched it for a while and decided to give these tablets a go, since they are so highly rated and Nutribioticals is a brand I have previously used and been impressed by. I have been taking these vitamins every day for around a month now. While it is very difficult to determine whether a vitamin is working as it should, I have noticed an undeniable surge in my energy levels. I definitely feel less low and lacklustre than before, and while I'm not leaping out of bed in the mornings, I do feel more upbeat than I previously did. These vitamins, along with an improved diet and exercise regime, definitely seem to be having an impact. Very impressed, and will keep buying them once the bottle is empty!

Shaveology Men's Rich Anti-Aging Shave Lather Infused With Golden Seaweed - Provides A Thick Lather For An Exceptional Shave And Protects And Hydrates The Skin
Offered by SHAVEOLOGY

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely rich shaving lather, ideal as a gift., 1 Nov. 2016
I purchased this shave lather in addition to a few other Shaveology products for a friend. The products in this range come extremely well-packaged and look very up-market, like they wouldn't look out of place in a department store, so first impressions were overwhelmingly positive. My friend has very sensitive and acne-prone skin so has to be careful about which products to apply to it. He had no problems whatsoever with the Shaveology range however. The product lathered nicely and was rich and moisturising. It also smells really pleasant, though not overpowering. Overall, it's a lovely product to give as a gift or to treat yourself to, and although the price may be fairly steep compared to similar products, it's definitely justified judging by the quality of this product.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18