Profile for Jade West > Reviews

Jade West

Page: 1 | 2
Three: A Menage Erotic Romance
Three: A Menage Erotic Romance

5.0 out of 5 stars If you are looking for a tasty MMF read (with a lot of very nice MM action) then this is your book, 24 May 2016
Well, this was a hot little number. If you are looking for a tasty MMF read (with a lot of very nice MM action) then this is your book. Max, Lauren and Steve made for a delightful story - set in beautiful Italian surroundings. There is a hot corporate undertone, plenty of alpha-male goodness, and a heroine who knows what she wants and isn't afraid to go for it.
What starts as a bit of fun turns into a heart warming tale of three people finding so much more.
The book is graphic - hot threeways in pretty much every way imaginable. One scene in particular got me hot under the collar - Max really is hot when he lets his guard down (no spoilers)
The book also contains BDSM, so if that is your thing then even better for you!
Highly recommended.

The Submission of Theodora
The Submission of Theodora

5.0 out of 5 stars This book was a great read. The tension between Theo and Justinian was ..., 27 Oct. 2015
This book was a great read. The tension between Theo and Justinian was vivid from the off, and the novel is set in magical surroundings. One of the things I love so much about this author is her ability to bring the past to life on the pages. Her material is very well researched and reads with authenticity as a result. These characters were well matched, and compelling, and the lust between them was hot. I enjoyed it very much! Highly recommended.

Darkroom (Darkroom Saga Book 1)
Darkroom (Darkroom Saga Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Dark, dark, dark and be warned - it leaves part of itself behind, 30 May 2014
I've been meaning to write up a review of this one for a little while, but to be honest I've been toying with my emotions on it. This book is incredibly dark, not dark like usual dark erotica that disturbs you a bit but you crack on with it all the same, ACTUALLY dark. Really dark. So dark it creeps inside your soul and leaves you tainted. I felt dirty and creeped out by this book, but it has soul. It's hard to convey in actual words (hence the delay in the review).

I can honestly say this is the only book I've ever read where I've genuinely hoped the heroine would commit suicide. Not just a bit either, I was there with my Kindle rooting for her. 'Please do it, end it, please!!! You have to get out of this!! Death is the best way!' but it got me like that. I'd think about it when I wasn't reading, and reading it was a compulsively twitchy, unpleasant but addictive kind of affair.

This book is executed with great style. It's very well written, it's got atmosphere pouring from it and it's dark as dark gets. If that's your bag you should read it, and you will love it. I loved it, but I'm not sure I would want to read it again. Not yet anyway, I'm still scrubbing it off my skin from the last time. Still, despite the horror and the mixed emotional response to this very original piece, it's got so much soul pouring from it's spurting black heart that it's a 5* from me.

If you like dark then definitely give this one a read, just don't blame me if you're sleeping with the light on after!

Interview with a Master
Interview with a Master

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Jonah Noble, 30 May 2014
Ok, I'm going to try and remove my fangirling from this review. I succumbed to pressure with this one, social media pressure. I thought it would quite possibly be just a load of empty hype, but having read some of Jason Luke's paragraphs on his live writing Facebook tour I realised I needed to read this one. His writing was excellent.

So the book is generally a recount of Jonah Noble's life in the BDSM world, and alongside comes the increasingly tangible pressure / excitement of the growing attraction between Jonah and ambitious journalist Leticia. I don't want to spoil anything but when this thing blows it blows. The tension was intense, incredible. It was HOT!

I loved Jonah's style, I love the way he recounts events. He speaks as though he's writing a book, so you get a very definite sense of prowess and skill and very slick encounters (excellent work, Jason Luke, excellently sizzling). That's probably the only thing that doesn't add up fully about this book - Jonah Noble speaks too eloquently, he wouldn't reel off the stories quite like he appears to, they are too glossy to be natural dialogue (although if anyone was going to manage to sound like that it would be Jonah Noble) BUT it doesn't matter one tiny bit. Not a single bit.

Excellently written, steamy, sizzling, intriguing, well paced... it's great!

Jonah is amazing. I'm now amongst the masses with my placard waving the same message as so many others. 'DON'T YOU DARE, JASON LUKE, DON'T YOU DARE!!'

Read the book and you'll know what I mean. You should read this book, it's awesome!

Therapist
Therapist

5.0 out of 5 stars Strange, compelling, dark, 30 May 2014
This review is from: Therapist (Kindle Edition)
American Psycho mixed with the hinted at dodgy scenes in Fight Club meets dark erotica. Yep, this is a strange book. I actually loved it. It gets progressively weird as the book reaches its climax, and some parts are just all out strange / disturbing. I couldn't put it down, and some of the scenes were very, umm... satisfying!

This book won't be for everyone, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

The Haunting of Highdown Hall
The Haunting of Highdown Hall
by Shani Struthers

5.0 out of 5 stars A great paranormal mystery with its feet on planet earth - highly recommended!, 30 May 2014
I was so excited about this book and it didn't disappoint! I really like ghost / psychic stories but sometimes find they get a bit sensational and over the top. This book is neither of those things; it's believable and real, with a great selection of characters and a twisty plot that keeps you hooked.

Ruby Davis is a really nice young woman, with a strong psychic heritage behind her. I loved the intrigue around her family and the strange situation surrounding her mother. I like the way she is an average woman with unusual abilities, and I love the down to earth approach of Psychic Surveys as a high street business.

Her love interest, Cash, is so sweet. Very sweet, very lovely, uber supportive, and as for the dog, Jed, he is such a great character! You feel you know these people at the end of the book and I'm so looking forward to more.

You can't help but get sucked into the mystery of Cynthia Hart, and I could really feel the ambience of Highdown Hall. It grew in intensity throughout the story, and by the final third the pace was breathtaking, I was frantically turning the pages to find out what happened!!

I really, really loved this book. It was rich in imagery, with great characters and an excellent twisty turny plot. It you like ghosts and have a penchant for the spiritual anomalies happening all around us then this is definitely a must read for you!!

Can't wait for the sequel!!

Kimi's Fear (The Kimi Books Book 2)
Kimi's Fear (The Kimi Books Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Deep, clever and compelling. A must read., 24 Mar. 2014
I finished up Kimi's Fear, the sequel to Kimi's Secret, this weekend. There is a phrase I've learnt lately (thanks to social media) called the 'book hangover' and boy did I have one. The book was incredible, and it was deep. Not so deep that you don't get whooshed along by the breathtaking storyline, the action, the characters, the crazy world that Kimi Nichols inhabits, but deep all the same.

It's a story of bravery and responsibility. How many children have the fate of the world on their shoulders? How many children have alien bounty hunters after the treasures in their brain? How many children confront their greatest fear and poke it in the eye? Kimi Nichols has, and Kimi's Fear is an inspirational tale for it.

Another really interesting thing about Kimi's Fear is the genre mash-up. Kimi's Secret saw the scene firmly set in the realms of fantasy, and it was brilliant for it. In Kimi's Fear, however, there is an addition, and it works. Elements of the paranormal weave in and around the main fantasy plotline, creating a fantasy-mythological-ethereal hybrid. It's clever, and it's different. I think it adds a whole other level of awesome to the book, and makes it that little bit more WOW.

An example of this mash-up is to be found at the height of the action. If you've read Kimi's Secret you will know that crows are an iconic piece of imagery associated with the book. That continues over into Kimi's Fear but this time it all gets a lot bigger. As Kimi's quest reaches its peak she needs some help. That help comes from the demon figure Malphas - a mythological crow-man (you can even look him up on Wikipedia). It's this kind of crossover that helps the book, in my opinion, build on Kimi's Secret and turn into something bigger, better, bolder.

Greylians, flying mice, God, Her Royal Highness, a bogey monster made up of gloved hands, dodos, crows and time travel. Yes, they all have a place in this fantastic story.

It's not a churchy book, Heaven forbid, but there is an excellent undertone to the book that I believe all children (yes, and adults) would benefit from. God, in this story, is brilliant. He's wise, he's funny, he's pretty damn cool. I have to rein myself in for fear of spoilers, but I loved it. Not only that, but the essence of the book is one of learning to face your fears, and Kimi is a role model to us all, not just those of us who haven't reached adulthood. I sure wish I had a dose of Kimi courage sometimes.

This book made me turn the pages like an egg timer was counting down in front of me, it made me laugh, it made me draw breath, it made me gawp at the clever little twists and turns. I LOVED IT!!!

A Hunter's Passion (Mills & Boon Nocturne Cravings)
A Hunter's Passion (Mills & Boon Nocturne Cravings)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot, steamy and intense, 19 Mar. 2014
I really enjoyed this story. Ryker is hot, he's dangerous and he's on a mission to hunt down the woman he's in love with, Jenna, who disappeared on him without trace a few years earlier. Ryker, and his brothers, work for the church, tracking down and killing paranormal entities. Unfortunately for him Ryker is instructed that Jenna is one of them, and his mission is to eliminate her.

I won't give too many spoilers away, but the twist at the end did have me reeling, I really didn't see it coming.

I loved the reunion of Ryker and Jenna, and I loved the heat of their feelings for each other. I especially loved the way their union has a heaviness hanging over it, a limited time in which they can enjoy each other before reality catches up with them. And the fire, I loved the fire! You'll know when you read it!

I think there are plenty more stories to be told around Ryker's family. His brothers are really something!

A hot paranormal tale with intense emotions. Nice work by Gwen Knight.

Bit: An Erotic Tale of Sex, Submission, and Zombies - (Lesbian BDSM Erotica)
Bit: An Erotic Tale of Sex, Submission, and Zombies - (Lesbian BDSM Erotica)

3.0 out of 5 stars Ambitious attempt at a genre mash-up, 27 Feb. 2014
I don't know how I actually found this book, but once I stumbled upon it I couldn't not buy it. I mean what a strange combination - zombies and lesbian BDSM. It sounded crazy and I was curious to find out how this tale would pan out.

I'm giving this book three stars, but really I'd put this at a complete middle of the range rating of 2.5. Those stars are pretty much down to the fact that it was ambitious, and also my belief that anyone wanting to read an erotic tale of lesbian BDSM mixed up with a zombie story will pretty much get what it says on the tin.

Unfortunately there were some flaws for me in this book. The characterisation was poor, I felt, the action a bit all over the place. The sex was sensationalist but lacked finesse in my opinion. All in all I really hoped it would work and be an entertaining find, but I personally found it lacking in many areas.

Like I said though I admire the ambition of this book, and am sure it will have a niche with the right reader. A literary masterpiece it is not, but if it appeals to you then I would give it a try. It's certainly an imaginative piece!

That Elusive Cure
That Elusive Cure

5.0 out of 5 stars A gripping story of bravery, hope and human connection - highly recommended, 27 Feb. 2014
This review is from: That Elusive Cure (Kindle Edition)
When I was offered a review copy of this novel I was very excited. I read Lisa Hinsley's terrifying novel 'Plague' a few months ago and it had me hooked from the moment I read the opening page. 'That Elusive Cure' would prove to be another gripping, page-turning, read-in-a-single-sitting masterpiece.

This book follows Kathy, a woman fighting cancer, and from the very beginning you are sucked into the plot through the harrowing description of her situation. You feel for her, and when a mysterious woman appears with the promise of a 'cure' for Kathy's illness you can't help but share in that feeling of hope. Just what if the cure works? The origin of the 'pod' is unknown. A device sent from the future? An experiment gone awry from medical research? An elaborate hoax? You are plunged into a world of questions, and there, amongst it all, is that glimmer of excitement, of optimism, of a blue sky ahead.

I found this story moving and powerful. It felt like Kathy's quest reached the heart of me, and gripped my soul. At some parts of the story I could have screamed in frustration on her behalf (no spoilers, I'm sure you will feel it yourself!)

The strong bond she shares with her husband, Jimmy, and other members of her family adds a great deal to the relationship you develop with Kathy through her journey. There are other struggles entwined with hers, and they had me hooked too. It's a moving tale, that's for sure, and one that will stay with you long after you reach the end.

I absolutely loved this book. I couldn't put it down. Not only that, but once I opened the file on my Kindle I didn't even move position. I sat at my desk with the Kindle in my hand from beginning to end - it was THAT good.

Very highly recommended. Read this book, you won't be disappointed. You may be sleep-deprived after sitting up half the night to finish it, but you will be glad you did!

Page: 1 | 2