Profile for MIB > Reviews

Content by MIB

MIB (West Midlands, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Duronic SCK101 Screen Cleaner LCD TFT LED Plasma OLED 4K TV iPad Smartphone Laptop Camera Screen Cleaner Cleaning Kit [ 200 millilitre] Complete with Microfibre Cloth
Offered by DURONIC

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money., 13 Dec. 2011
I was after a good cheap solution to cleaning the LCD on my laptop. Came across this item, completely by chance.

You get a very big bottle of liquid solution and a (somewhat cheap) cloth.

Tried it as soon as I got it.

At first the solution and cloth started to leave streaks across the screen (that said, my laptop screen was fairly dirty). After about 30 seconds of cleaning the streaks quickly disappeared.

My final verdict... very good product. My laptop screen now looks brand new with no streaks or smudges from the solution. I think I'll be going around the house later to use thi on my TV, wife's laptop and any other screen type surface I can find.

Definately worth the £3.99 I paid for it.

As an added bonus, oredered it late on Thursday afternoon and it was delivered early the following Monday morning.

Tommee Tippee Explora Safety Reins
Tommee Tippee Explora Safety Reins

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent item. A must have for all parents., 13 Dec. 2011
After reading many reviews (not just here on Amazon) saying that these reins would not fit over a padded coat/jacket, I was a little dubious as to whether I should get these or not. I decided to go ahead and order these reins.

These were bought after looking at many different types of reins (rangeing in price from as little as £5 to more than £20).

All I can say is that I'm glad I did. I didn't want to pay too much for reins as I know I will only be using these every now and then.

There is a little pocket on the front, which is a really nice added touch.

At first my 18 month old toddler was excited to see them, as he knew that they were for him. So I tried them on him (without a coat) and he put them on fairly easily... that was until I fastened all the clips, at which point he became quickly destressed by them and wanted me to take them off. I quickly took them off and seriously thought about returning them.

The following day we decided to take the little one out for a walk. Got him dressed, put on his coat and then put the reins on. I don't know if it was the fact that he knew he was being taken out, but he put it on without any problems.

It fitted perfectly over his jacket (which was quite padded) & 3 layers of clothes. It even needed to be tightened.

He kept it on the whole time we were out and about. He didn't even pay any attention to the fact that it was there.

Overall, very happy with this purchase. Have already recommended it to a few friends who have young children.

Only time will tell if we will be able to use this until my toddler is 4 years old.

Logitech LS11 - loudspeakers (Wired, 85.2 x 81.7 x 162.8 mm)
Logitech LS11 - loudspeakers (Wired, 85.2 x 81.7 x 162.8 mm)

5.0 out of 5 stars Budget speakers!, 13 Dec. 2010
If you're after a cheap set of speaker, these are definately worth it.

Good build quality. Sound resonable. Probabally not any good for listening to music through, but for having connected to your PC/Laptop they do the job.

Obviously there are better speakers out there, but you will pay more for them.

Don't delay, buy today :)

Panasonic Original Camcorder Case VW-PS57 for HC- V160 / HC-V270 / HC- W570 / HC-V500/HC-V520/HC-V100/HC-V210 / HC-V250 / HC-V280 / HC-V130 /HC-V180 /HC-V550 / HC-V370 / HC-V380
Offered by magicdiscounts

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 19 Nov. 2010
I bought this for my Panasonic HDC-SD10, as the camera didn't come with a case. This wasn't initially a big problem for me, as I had another big bag that holds my various other cameras and gadgets. The only problem I found with my previous solution was that I had to cart a huge bag around with me, even if I was only intending on using my camcorder.

I came across this one and one other Panasonic case. This one ticked all the boxes, as it was described as sturdy included a strap (which the other one didn't). At £8.51 (with free delivery) from Amazon, this was the cheapest option.

Another review described it as being the perfect fit for the Panasonic HDC-SD10.

In my honest opinion, it is a little bit too big. The camera has enough space for it to move around inside, which to me is a little annoying.

No it doesn't have space to store an additional memory card (or anything else), but in all honesty, if you have a large enough memory card installed in your camera, you shouldn't really need to have a spare.

At the price I paid for it, I can't really complain. If it had been the perfect size for it, I would have given it 5 stars.

Never the less, if you're after a cheap and genuine Panasonic case, get this one.

Tommee Tippee Explora Puzzle Teether
Tommee Tippee Explora Puzzle Teether

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 19 Nov. 2010
Got one of these for my 6 month old. Although he hasn't started teething just yet, he is at that age where everything ends up going in his mouth.

I had bought a normal teether that was slightly too big for him. The handle side was too difficult for him to grasp & the liquid filled teether side was a tad too big to go in his mouth.

This one is perfect. He can easily grab hold of it, twist it around & play with it and use it as a teether in his mouth.

Definately worth getting :)

Summer Infant Resting Up Sleep Positioner
Summer Infant Resting Up Sleep Positioner

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I thought it would be., 13 July 2010
Got this for my 7 week old baby, as he was bringing up milk regular when lying down & he was starting to move around because of it.

After doing a bit of research, all his symptoms suggested he had a mild case of acid reflux.

This product seemed to kill two birds with one stone (so to speak), as it is aN anti reflux wedge and sleep positioner in one.

The product itself is very well made to a high standard.

I have found it a little awkward to adjust, as there are no clear recommendations as to how the baby should be ideally positioned, so this has been somewhat trial and error.

Our baby has still managed to bring up a little milk a couple of times over the first few days of use, but thankfully no any more.

With regards to the sleep positioner element of this product... hmmmm.... where do I start? Becase he now has something to lean on, we have found that he can use the padded sides to semi turn on to his side.

It does say on the box that this is suitable from birth to 4 months (or until baby starts to turn themself on their side).

Gets 4 stars as my baby has still bought up milk and the fact there are no clear recomendations on how to adjust for ideal baby positioning.

Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Telephoto Zoom AF Lens for Selected Digital SLR
Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Telephoto Zoom AF Lens for Selected Digital SLR
Offered by Direct savings

5.0 out of 5 stars Definately worth getting., 13 July 2010
By all means I am no professional camera user.

I have only just found my passion for digital photography. I have had a couple of normal point and click cameras in the past, but found I didn't use them very often.

I decided I wanted a DSLR camera (purely because I thought they just looked amazing). In the sapce of 8 or so weeks I've managed to take well over 2500 photos.

I went a bit overboard and bought a load of bits and pieces to complement my new camera (which included this lens and a Canon ET-60 Lens Hood).

I was on somewhat of a strict budget, as I wanted to buy a load of other bits for my camera too.

All the reviews and forums I was reading recommended this lens along with a Canon EF-50mm (fixed focus lens).

I am so glad I bought this lens. Found it about £30 cheaper else where.

At first glances, the lens just feels like a lens.

Comparing the price to other similar zoom lenses I wasn't expecting much. But I was pleasantly suprized when I received this lens. The lens is built to a far better quality than I was anticipating. Feeling strong & yet light weight.

When using it, you'd think, ok thats a good photo. When you begin to edit photos you realise just how good the lens is.

This lens produces amazing quality photos. Coupled with an optional lens hood and UV filter, you look very professional walking around with it attatched to your camera.

For the price I can not complain one little bit.

All the photos I've taken so far have been over large distances without the use of a tripod with the Image Stabilising (IS) turned on. That said they have all been in good lighting conditions. At low light I may need to use a tripod to keep the image camera steady when shooting scenes.

Auto Focusing is a bit slow & the motor is a bit load, but I can live with that. After all, this is not a professional lens.

Buy one now. You'll not be disappointed.

Lowepro Fastpack 250 Backpack for SLR Kit, 15.4" Notebook and General Gear - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for any D/SLR user., 30 Jun. 2010
I'm a newbie to DSLR photography, so when I bought my first DSLR camera, I got duped into buying a package with a small Canon 100EG camera bag included in the price. At first this was great. The bag was small, light wight, compact, making it easy to carry around. I soon found that my camera outgrew the bag (pretty much immediately) after buying just a flash gun.

I started looking for a larger bag that could hold the kit I had and any additional kit I'd buy in the future. I wanted something that I could carry my laptop in as well, for when I go on holiday, so I can transfer any photos straight to my laptop rather that have lots of extra memory cards.

I bought this for use with my Canon EOS 500D DSLR Camera. I was looking for a bag that would hold my camera, a couple of lenses, a flash gun, a laptop and a few other bit's and peices as time goes on.

After doing a lot of searching on the internet I kept getting pointed back to Lowepro bags. I had come across Lowepro bags previously, but had never actually owned one.

I found a lots of excellent written reviews about this bag online, which made me want this bag. I then came across a couple of video reviews on YouTube which really convinced me to buy this bag.

I currently have the following gear in this bag:
* Canon EOS 500D Camera body (with a Canon EP-EX15ii Eye Peice Extender, Canon BG-E5 battery grip & Canon EF-S 18-55mm Kit lens & Canon EW-60C Lens Hood attatched)
* Canon EF-S 55-250mm Lens (with Canon ET-60 Lens hood reverse attched for storage)
* Canon EF 50mm Lens (with Canon ES-62 Lens Hood reverse attatched for storage)
Each lens also has Canon UV filters attatched (to reduce glare & for added protection of the front of the lens)
* Canon Speedlite 430EXii Flash Gun (in neoprane carry case)
* Sto-Fen OM-EW Omni Bounce Flash Diffuser.
* Panasonic HDC-SD10 HD Camcorder.
* 15.4" HP laptop (in a Belkin Neoprene Sleeve).
* Chargers for the Canon camera, Panasonic camcorder & HP laptop.
* Various cables to connect the cameras to a television or computer.
* User manuals for the camera, camcorder & flash.
* Lens cleaning equipment (including Giottos Rocket Air Blower, Lens cleaning fluid, microfibre cloth, lens pen)
* A couple of USB flash/thumb drives.
* 2.5" Seagate Expansion 500Gb Portable Hard Drive (in a Case Logic protective case).
* Trekmates small (25-45L) waterproof cover (why Lowepro couldn't include these as standard on all their bags, I don't know).

A few people have said it is worth getting additional cases to house your lenses in to offer additional protection (whether they be the thinish bag type or thicker neoprene types). This bag can easily accommodate these, but I don't think they will be neccessary as the bag itself is more than adequately padded.

Even with all these items in the bag, it feels suprizingly light and easy to carry around.

The bag has plenty of compartments/pockets to store a multitude of different items. The main compartment can be customised to store your equipment how you find best.

One criticism, that another reviwer gave was the fact that to use the quick access feature (to remove your camera quickly) you need to carry the bag on you left shoulder. I found this true at first, as I was used to carrying ruck sacks on my right shoulder, but after a couple of weeks carrying it around I don't find it an issue anymore.

My only criticism would be the fact that you cannot actually lock the zipper compartments using a padlock. Not such a big deal, as the bag is designed in such a way, that if anyone did try to open the zips you should be able to feel it.

Fully loaded the bag can feel a little bit on the large side, so you need to be some what careful walking around making sure you don't knock anything over when turning around.

Overall, a very good quality and highly padded bag that can hold so much kit.

Definately worth getting.

Canon Remote Controller RC-1
Canon Remote Controller RC-1

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth getting one of these., 25 Jun. 2010
I bought one of these from a seller on a world famous auction site a couple of weeks ago. For what is a very small item, I didn't want to pay £70 odd from a seller on Amazon.

I found mine for less than a quarter of that price.

Seems to be the genuine article.

Came boxed with all instructions from a trusted seller.

Works exactly as described, with no problems as some inferior generic remotes have.

Yes the sensor is on the front of the camera, but I can stand behind the camera and point the remote at the sensor from underneath without getting my hand in the shot.

Well worth it, if you're going to be doing a lot of self portraits or close up shots.

Maybe not worth the Amazon £70 price tag, but like with most things, shop around and you can find it cheaper.

Belkin F8N160 Neoprene Protective Sleeve for Laptops, Macbooks and Chromebooks up to 15.6 inch - Black/Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it's supposed to!, 24 Jun. 2010
For all those people thinking about buying a neoprene sleve for their laptop, don't waste time buying a cheap generic one for a couple of quid, buy this one by Belkin.

Very nice quality product, just what you'd expect from the likes of Belkin.

Yes it is a little bit bigger than my laptop (only about 1/3 of an inch all the way round), but I'll still give it 5 stars. Hell, I'd give it more if I could.

All those people reading reviews saying that there's space around the edge of the laptop, what do you expect? After all the many laptop manufacturers make many different laptops of varying dimmensions. You'd probabbally struggle to find two similar sized screen laptops from the same manufacturer with the same dimensions. I think Belkin have done a good job by trying to make a sleeve that will accommodate the largest number of different laptop models.

I say, don't waste any more time, buy one of these today!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3