Profile for LisaB > Reviews

LisaB

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Only the Innocent
Only the Innocent

1.0 out of 5 stars Easily the worst book I've attempted to read in a long time., 2 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Only the Innocent (Kindle Edition)
This is terrible. A load of waffle with historical letters to fill in the plot holes. I got to 30% in and had to give up. It was wrecking my commute and totally unenjoyable. Plods along with nothing happening.

Into the Darkest Corner
Into the Darkest Corner

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent. Dark and tense page turner., 12 July 2015
Oh my. I almost feel that it would be a little perverse to say I enjoyed this book because of the subject matter. However, this was a real page turner and was so dark and gradual that it actually had me feeling very tense in places. Highly recommend.

The Other Sister (Sister Series, #1)
The Other Sister (Sister Series, #1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 5 July 2015
I got to page 122 of this and had to put it down. It's dull. It's far fetched, basic and uninspiring. Very disappointed and I do hate to abandon a book but I can't see the point in finishing it. More of a chore than anything else.

The One That Got Away
The One That Got Away

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic. I read this so quickly!, 3 Feb. 2015
It's been a long time since I've read something so gripping. Well written, fast paced with an obviously troubled female lead character, I could not put this down. From the very beginning, the author has you hooked. This was my first Simon Wood novel and I will definitely be checking out some of his other work.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 24, 2015 10:00 AM BST

The Girl on the Train
The Girl on the Train

5.0 out of 5 stars Very tense page turner and worth the wait for release date!, 17 Jan. 2015
I've been waiting ages for the release date of this book and have devoured it since its release on Thursday. Absolutely fantastic. Could not put this down as I had to know what had happened. Rachel appears to be a sad little alcoholic, leading a life of lies and confusion. However, by the end that can be forgiven. Well worth the wait.

The Murder Bag: (DC Max Wolfe)
The Murder Bag: (DC Max Wolfe)

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing but then the market is flooded with police books, 15 Jan. 2015
Disappointing. I didn't really enjoy this. It jumps around too much and I don't think that the actual writing is very good. To me, it's a poorer version of so many police and crime books out there. Three stars though because I almost liked the lead character.

The Book of You
The Book of You

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome and yet totally awful, 14 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Book of You (Kindle Edition)
Awesome and yet totally awful. This book terrified me and I couldn't put it down. Very strong lead character and a great read.

The Magpies
The Magpies

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book. I can't imagine having to live through ..., 14 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Magpies (Kindle Edition)
Fantastic book. I can't imagine having to live through this kind of torment but Mark really brings it too life. Creepy, intrusive and downright weird. I highly recommend this book but try and do it in one sitting.

Because She Loves Me
Because She Loves Me

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 Dec. 2014
Fantastic and gripping. Ending a little grim but couldn't put this down.

Cold Feet at Christmas
Cold Feet at Christmas

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 28 Dec. 2014
Pointless drivel and an awful attempt at erotic fiction. Not worth starting.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5