Profile for Ian Thomas > Reviews

Content by Ian Thomas

Ian Thomas (Spain.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Black Echo (Harry Bosch Book 1)
The Black Echo (Harry Bosch Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars My First Harry Bosch., 4 May 2015
American crime thrillers are not my favourite genre. However, once I had started this book, the fast moving and relevant themes of this story kept my attention throughout. A good read.

Accurist Men's Quartz Watch with Blue Dial Chronograph Display and Multicolour Stainless Steel Plated Bracelet MB1059N

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Watch for Good Price., 22 April 2014
This watch looks really good, and feels really good. My only criticism is that the chronograph dials are almost impossible to read, however, I doubt whether I would need to use them in anger anyway. Overall, I am extremely pleased with this purchase.

Jam Classic Bluetooth Wireless Portable Speaker - Grape
Jam Classic Bluetooth Wireless Portable Speaker - Grape

5.0 out of 5 stars More useful than most pots of jam!, 1 Aug. 2013
Already having a Bose docking system, when I received my "Jam" as a gift, I thought I would find little use for it. Wrong! It so easy and convenient to use in scenarios where I can't be bother to connect the Bose. Excellent and clever bit of kit.

Standing in Another Man's Grave: A John Rebus Novel
Standing in Another Man's Grave: A John Rebus Novel

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost very good., 1 Aug. 2013
Another brilliant Rebus page turner by Ian Rankin. All the characters were fascinating - as usual, but I, personally, found the concluding actions a little bit too difficult to believe - even in these days of amazing revelations concerning police tactics. Somebody else could easily accept these final tactics, in which case, five stars would result.

Safe House
Safe House

4.0 out of 5 stars Safe House review., 16 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Safe House (Kindle Edition)
Well written; exciting plot - a real page turner. Some of the action was a little too graphic for my wimpish tastes, or else it would have earned 5 stars from me.

The Lewis Man: Book Two of the Lewis Trilogy
The Lewis Man: Book Two of the Lewis Trilogy

5.0 out of 5 stars Great discovery., 13 Dec. 2012
Truly imaginative, but believable story that never allows you to relax - quite scarey in parts. The authors descriptive powers are second to none, and are a joy to readers like me who like to feel the wind and rain in their faces and hear wind breathing through the long grass. The insight into the mind and suffering of an old man with dementia is brilliantly done and woven as an integral part of the plot. Regrettably, as we grow older, we will all be able to relate this ghastly disease to our own acquaintances.
But, let's not be morbid! This whole book is an absolute gem.

The Man They Couldn't Hang - Screenplay Format (Victorian Crime)
The Man They Couldn't Hang - Screenplay Format (Victorian Crime)

2.0 out of 5 stars Unconvinced., 13 Dec. 2012
Having read earlier reviews regarding the format, I hoped that it would grow on me. It didn't, and I greatly missed well written descriptions of characters and places , which I have enjoyed in previous books. The story was interesting, because it was based on the truth, but only in the same way as a selection from a history book might be.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 3, 2013 2:22 PM GMT

Vax C89-MA-P Air Pet Multicyclonic Bagless Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner
Vax C89-MA-P Air Pet Multicyclonic Bagless Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value cleaner., 1 July 2012
The VAX replaced our Dyson, which we have used for several years. I had intended buying another Dyson, but the current prices are insane. After much research via the "net" we bought this VAX. We live in Spain, ordered via Amazon on the Friday afternoon, and it was delivered to the door early on Wednesday morning. It cost less than half the price of the equivalent Dyson, and is extremely impressive in performance. After unpacking, we were forced to laugh when, after only 2 mins on our "spotlessly clean" floor, the collection box was visibly filling up with previously unseen dog hairs. I could go on, but, sufficient to say that the VAX has exceeded all our hopes regarding efficiency and convenience to use.

Case for iPad 4 / 3 / 2 - G-HUB GeniusCover BLACK Carbon Fibre Style (Limited Edition) Case Cover Folio for the new iPad 4 as well as 2nd & 3rd generation iPad, with integrated Flip-Stand Function and Magnetic Sleep Sensor. Includes added BONUS: G-HUB ProPen Stylus
Offered by G-Hub

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money., 25 Jun. 2012
Not much more to be said really. The cover does the job brilliantly, at a fraction of the price of the competitors. The "free gift" included in the package is a little gem, I'd never heard of a ProPlus Stylus before, but it is constantly in use when I use my iPad, and keeps the screen infinitely cleaner than when I use my grubby fingers.

White Angel Murder - A Thriller (Jon Stanton Mysteries Book 1)
White Angel Murder - A Thriller (Jon Stanton Mysteries Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars I was wrong about this book!, 25 Jun. 2012
I downloaded this book on the strength of the previous reviews; however, I anticipated that I would not really like it because of the American cops theme. Right from the start, the story line really grabbed me because the hero ( or main character ) was not a hero at all, just a fairly regular guy with understandable emotions and failings. The theme of the story has already been covered by other reviewers, so I won't repeat their comments. Sufficient to say, I enjoyed every twist and turn in the plot, and felt drained when I finished the last page - surely the sign of a good book. I will definitely be reading more Victor Methos.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3