Profile for Ms L Gruizinga > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Nothing To Envy: Real Lives In North Korea
Nothing To Envy: Real Lives In North Korea

5.0 out of 5 stars Riveting, could not put it down...!, 25 July 2017
Absolutely riveting account of life in the harsh dictatorship that is North Korea. Very emotional and moving stories intertwined to create a fascinating picture of events as they have unfolded over the past number of decades since NK was 'created'. As the stories are based on accounts of people who have managed to escape the country, you feel a real investment in the characters because this is real life, and you want things to end well for all concerned. Would recommend this to anyone who would like to find out more about this subject but is not necessarily attracted to what can sometimes by dry, factual works where the human interest can be lacking.

I finished this book at least week or two ago, but the story still lives with me every day and I am so thankful that I live in the UK where we have the freedom to live our lives as we want, where we have free speech and do not have to live in constant fear of our lives.

Viyino 925 Sterling Silver Cubic Zircon Crystal Engagement Ring (Y)
Viyino 925 Sterling Silver Cubic Zircon Crystal Engagement Ring (Y)
Offered by weiyinuo

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a little in love with this ring..., 17 Jun. 2017
Ordered this yesterday, received it this morning and absolutely love it! Quite simple but very classy looking ring, it looks like it should be much more expensive than it is. The silver is highly polished and the CZ is very sparkly. Kept it on all day and couldn't stop admiring it...!

The Dead and the Missing (Adam Park Thriller Book 1)
The Dead and the Missing (Adam Park Thriller Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars An unputdownable fast paced story that will have you hooked from the start!, 3 July 2016
This was a totally addictive read, could barely put it down! There was never a lull in the action and it kept me hooked from the beginning through to the end.
Adam Park is an investigator specialising in finding missing people, however, after a really bad experience he gives it all up and leaves behind that life to surf and forget the past. However, he is pulled out of retirement by the case of a missing girl who is connected to his friend and mentor, Harry. What follows is a fast paced story involving people smuggling, crime lords, white slavery and a personal journey for Adam. He is a flawed hero but with his heart in the right place. Don't hesitate to buy this, if you like these kind of stories you will love this one!

Womens Charm Purple Lavender Real Dried Floral Glass Crystal Cabochon Pendant Long Chain Necklace
Offered by Jiayiqi Trading Co.,Ltd EU

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice pendant, however was a bit disappointed that the ..., 7 Jun. 2016
Very nice pendant, however was a bit disappointed that the chain didn't have clasp on it and I couldn't get it over my head, so had to break it and use one of my own chains. Otherwise very pretty.

The Butterfly Garden (The Collector Trilogy Book 1)
The Butterfly Garden (The Collector Trilogy Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Un-put-down-able....!, 19 May 2016
I could not put this book down, I was hooked right from the start and the story kept me engaged from beginning to end. Others have written about the plot so I won't repeat all that here, but suffice it to say that it is indeed on the one hand a horrific story, but on the other one of love, support and I suppose sisterhood. Get it, you won't be disappointed!

Hozelock Seasons Pico Reel and Spray Gun Set - Purple
Hozelock Seasons Pico Reel and Spray Gun Set - Purple

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I had bought this years ago!, 18 April 2016
I have a very small garden and was looking for something a bit shorter than the standard hose lengths. I also didn't want something bright yellow, green or blue. This seemed to fit the bill perfectly, especially as my planting scheme is purple, blue and white (I got the purple one). The item was delivered to a neighbour and when I picked it up I thought, this can't be it, it weighs nothing! I couldn't believe how small and lightweight the item was when I took it out of the box. As another reviewer said, the hosepipe diameter is a good bit narrower than the hose I had before, but it did not make any difference in performance. I have so far only used it with the wide spray setting but am absolutely delighted with it. It is exactly the right size for my garden, and so easy to get around with. The manual winding handle also works perfectly to rewind the hose after use, and takes only seconds. As a bonus this is so cute to look at it made me smile all the while I was using it. I cannot recommend this highly enough to anyone with a small garden and limited storage space.

PHILIP B Oud Royal Mega-Curl Enhancer 178 ml
PHILIP B Oud Royal Mega-Curl Enhancer 178 ml

3.0 out of 5 stars Overpowering scent, 2 Oct. 2015
I was very excited to get this product but unfortunately I don't think I've been able to see what it could really do for my hair as the scent is so strong that I cannot use it by itself in a normal quantity. I wasn't aware that this would be an issue the first time I used it, but the scent was so overpowering I ended up having to wash my hair again. However, the scent is nice in (very) small doses, so what I do now is mix a small bit of it into my hair gel straight after washing, and that just adds a nice scent to my hair without being annoying. But in such small quantities I doubt it is doing anything for my hair other than making it smell nice....

GBC Binding Covers PVC 240 micron Deluxe A4 Clear Ref CE012480 [Pack of 100]
GBC Binding Covers PVC 240 micron Deluxe A4 Clear Ref CE012480 [Pack of 100]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product at a great price., 2 Oct. 2015
I wanted acetate for card making that would be strong enough to stand up by itself once folded, and this does exactly that. Great product at a great price, so much better value than the packs specifically marketed for this purpose.

Huevo- White ABS Plastic Swing Bin by Showerdrape
Huevo- White ABS Plastic Swing Bin by Showerdrape
Offered by Back2Bath

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this bin!, 14 May 2015
Absolutely love this little bin! It is ever so good and looks great in my new modern white silver and grey bathroom. It makes me smile every time I look at it! Please note that while it says it is plastic, it is quite thick and sturdy and in fact feels a bit like melamine.

Bayer Ketostix Reagent Strips (Ketone)
Bayer Ketostix Reagent Strips (Ketone)
Offered by Cosmic Healthcare

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, fast results!, 11 Mar. 2015
Great product, easy to use and fast read out (only15 seconds). I am following a low carb diet so these tests help me determine if I am in ketosis or not.

Page: 1 | 2