Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's
Profile for Marouf > Reviews

Content by Marouf

Marouf (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Tomtoc Lightweight Laptop Backpack Up to 15.6 Inch, Waterproof Resistant Anti-Theft Zip School Business Travel Casual Daypack, Fits 11.6 to 15.6 Inch Laptops Notebooks - Black
Offered by Inateck

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy :), 26 Feb. 2017
Really pleased with this backpack. It's comfortable and has plenty of compartments for good organisation. It looks great and feels strong. Couldn't be happier.

My laptop is very heavy but the weight is nicely distributed in this backpack, especially compared with messenger bags or regular backpacks. The laptop section provides good protection but just for that extra reassurance I still also keep my laptop in an additional sleeve.

It has a really nice, contemporary look that people have already complimented too. The design and style are similar to that of another backpack I own (which was much more expensive although I can't remember the brand name); I've found that this backpack has much thicker padding and is more comfortable even though it's cheaper.

Overall, I'm really pleased with this item.

Belkin F8N143 Portable Notebook Cushdesk Comfort Lap Desk for Laptops up to 18.4 inch - Black/Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars Overall very pleased with this, 21 Feb. 2017
This is a great product - it's exactly what I was looking for. I wanted to be able to use my laptop (on my lap!) without having to worry about radiation. It's comfortable to use because it has a nice, cushioned base. It also has a slanted base so you don't have to worry about the laptop toppling over and the top is firm so the fans don't get blocked (like they would if using a cushion).

I wouldn't say it has an 'ergonomic design' - not sure why the description says so. For that, it would have to be raised to eye level. I'd say the slant helps keep the laptop in place but it doesn't really provide any sort of optimal viewing position. Regardless, I've not felt much strain in my neck from using it over an hour or two. For longer periods, you would probably need a desk.

My only gripe would be that the top surface shows scratches and collects fingerprint oils very easily and eventually looks quite unpresentable. I've only had this for about a month and it has been well-kept but still looks quite bad now. I think it has something to do with the surface coating.

Overall I am still very pleased with this item - the surface coating issue doesn't bother me much but I'd recommend that buyers are cautious of this.

SimpliFine Food Safe Cut Resistant Gloves, Medium. Best for using with a Mandolin, Grater, Cutting with Knives and Avoiding Cuts. Level 5 Professional Grade Protection
Offered by Platinum Holdings

5.0 out of 5 stars They work!, 11 Feb. 2017
These gloves were included in the SimpliFine slicing set I got and I really like them. They are lightweight and thin yet somehow also very protective. I scraped a knife over my palm gently and I couldn't feel a thing. Because they're so thin and light, it's possible to get a good feel of what you're doing. I like that you can use these to touch food and that they can be washed and used again. I'm really pleased with these gloves and would recommend them.

SimpliFine Mandoline Slicer and Chopper. Best for Making Quick and Healthy Salads - Fruit and Vegetable Cutter - Professional Mandolin Slicer - Makes A Great Gift
Offered by Platinum Holdings

5.0 out of 5 stars It really does speed things up, 28 Jan. 2017
I must admit, I was quite sceptical about this product. I didn’t think it would cut as neatly or easily as it was made to seem and I thought you’d have to actually put a lot of effort into cutting things. I must say, though, I was completely wrong. It cuts very nicely and evenly every time and it’s very quick to use. The blades must be extremely sharp because I needed to put practically no effort into slicing things.

The first time I used it was to slice a cucumber. I pushed it back and forth against the blades and couldn’t feel anything – I thought it wasn’t working so I pressed harder but still felt no resistance against the blades. Then I noticed the cucumber was getting shorter so I checked underneath to be surprised by a pile of perfectly sliced cucumber slices! I even tried with an orange using the holder and it was sliced up again with practically no effort at all.

You can cut into either slices or chips and there are different blade sizes for each of these. The holder lets you slice things such as potatoes and round fruits. I’ve cut a few things with this including a potato to make chips. The blades can be a little fiddly to change but it isn’t too bad – it takes about 10-20 seconds to swap a blade.

I haven’t tried using the gloves yet but I am quite intrigued by them. Whether they really can stop a blade from piercing through or not, I have no idea. They can apparently be used to touch food and can be washed etc. so I see a lot of ways they could be used other than just for cutting.

Overall, I’m really pleased with how quick and easy this makes slicing things. Perfect slices every time too so you aren’t even compromising on quality. The only thing I don’t like so much is the blades being a little fiddly to change but it’s still overall very time-saving.

Inateck Aluminum Universal Laptop Stand for Apple Macbook HP Dell Acer Toshiba Lenovo Sony Asus and More Laptops and Notebooks, Detachable and Portable

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, 24 Jan. 2017
I am really pleased with this laptop stand. It looks great with my Mac sitting on it and it definitely makes viewing the screen much more comfortable. I never actually realised how important its is to get the screen to eye-level until I actually raised it – I’ve found myself slouching much less now and taking much better form while working. I like that the stand can be taken apart – it could come in handy if you want to shove it into a bag to take to work/university/etc. so you don’t have to put a stack of books or something underneath.

I always use a separate full-size keyboard and mouse with my laptop. If you haven’t got an external keyboard then it might be quite straining on the wrists. I suppose a blanket could be rolled up underneath or something to rest your hands on although I just use a separate keyboard I have. The trackpad is actually okay to use with the stand. If you’re mainly using the stand for viewing, e.g. to watch videos etc. then this shouldn't really be an issue since light usage isn’t straining.

Overall I’’m really pleased with this stand; it looks great and makes viewing much more comfortable. At £35.99 it is quite pricey, but I think it’s more about the looks than the ergonomics.

Garment Steamer, Blusmart 2.2L 1450W Vertical Clothes Steamers Household 6 Steaming Levels Steam
Offered by hojyuk

5.0 out of 5 stars Much more pleasant than an iron + ironing board, 28 Nov. 2016
This is my first clothes steamer and I am really pleased with it. It’s a very quick and convenient way to iron clothes quickly in the morning without the hassle of ironing boards and constant clothe turning and repositioning.

SETUP

The extending pole and the steam hose first have to be screwed into place. I keep these attached so I personally only had to do it the once. The tank then needs to be filled with water - you simply pull it out and take it to the sink to fill up. After popping the tank back in, plug the steamer in and turn it on. It’s a pretty simple process.

When turning it on, you’ll find that you can select different material types by turning the dial. I was quite surprised to see this to be honest - I thought it would just be an on/off sort of thing so this was a really nice bonus. I imagine the steam temperature would be lower for more sensitive materials. I’ve uploaded a picture of the different settings.

In terms of setup, I prefer this to an ironing board and iron. I simply roll it over to where I want it and quickly get it turned on. It’s really good for morning rushes.

DESIGN

It does take up precious floor space – you have to leave it in the corner of a room or somewhere similar. Thankfully, it has wheels so it can be rolled across the room easily. The pole is telescopic and can be shorted quite easily or even removed to help with storage. It’s a little bit like a mini vacuum, cleaner. It does take up space but it’s an essential (kinda).

The rod can extend quite a bit. There’s a built in hanger on top – you have to collapse the hanger, slip your clothes on top and then open up the hanger. It’s pretty cool.

I would have wanted more colour options to be honest – a blue or black would be good. It looks really nice, though, overall. It also seems pretty well-built – it feels robust and built to last. No flimsy plastics or fading colours.

ATTATCHMENTS

The steam head comes with two attachments. It can be used without any attachments too. The brush attachment is supposed to help remove any dust or dirt that may have gotten onto the clothes. The trouser clip lets you steep really close to your trousers to get a very smooth finish (this clip isn’t suitable for sensitive materials such as wool). The clips seem to work well although I don’t know if they can be changed while the steamer is on – I was a bit too scared I’d burn myself.

PERFORMANCE

The steamer definitely works. I was initially quite sceptical because I’d never used one of these before – I mean, how do you get rid of the creases without applying any pressure? I have no idea how it works but it does. I’m guessing the clothes loosen up or something and the weight helps to stretch the clothes out of their creased state. I don’t know; I just know it works. It might not work for all materials but it worked for the things I tried it with (cotton and cotton/polyester blends).

I found that I can decrease clothes quicker with this than with the iron for mildly creased items that were folded up. For really creased items, quite a few strokes were needed (less if using really close to the clothes but you need to be careful with sensitive materials). An iron with pressure applied at an ironing board therefore seems to be better suited to freshly washed clothes in large batches. So, this is great for either small quantities of clothing or for lightly creased items. It can be used on very creased items but it just takes a bit long.

It’s really easy to use this compared to an iron in my opinion because you don’t need to constantly shift and stretch your clothes along the board and turn them over. With this, you just hang your clothes and stroke them with the steamer head - it’s like waving a magic wand :). The hanger spins too so you don’t even have to move about.

Quick tip: The steamer head should be brushed vertical downwards.

CONCLUSION

Overall, I am very pleased with this steamer. It’s very quick and easy to use. It works pretty well and it’s much more pleasant than an iron and ironing board. I’d gladly recommend this item.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Aukey Quick Charge 2.0 15000mAh Portable External Battery Fast Charger (AIPower 5V/1A + Quick Charge 12V1.25A 9V1.67A 5V2A for S6, S6 Edge and more)-Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent power bank - comes in very handy, 28 Nov. 2016
DESIGN

The power bank is pretty light for a 15000 mAh bank - I have another similarly sized bank (13000 mAh) and this one is much lighter.

The case feels strong and well-made. It’s built with a hard plastic shell and would probably survive a drop by the looks of it. It definitely feels very robust and it also looks great - it has a nice matt black finish with a nice, smooth touch.

CAPACITY

This power bank can be used several times before needing a recharge. It has a capacity of 15000 mAh. To put that into perspective, an iPhone 6 battery is just 1,810 mAh. An iPhone 6 can thus be charged fully from 0 to 100% about 8 times. It can do about 15-20 half-ish charges.

If you try to minimise usage of the power bank, you can go really far: if I ever use the power bank, I always take it off once my device has charged enough, e.g. up to 20% just to get me home. I’ve been using this power bank everyday for about a couple of weeks now and I still haven’t had to charge it!

CHARGING

The power bank takes all night to be charged. It takes a while since it has a large capacity.

There are two charging ports for charging devices - a fast one and a slow one. My phone charges very quickly when using the fast one - even quicker than at the outlet. The slow one still charges at a decent speed - it seems a little slower than the outlet but it still gets my phone charging.

The reason for the two ports is because some devices require the faster port, such as iPads and tablets. If you’re only charging one device then you should go straight for the faster port. The slower port is only there if the fast one isn’t available.

TORCH

CONCLUSION

Overall, I am very pleased with this power bank and would gladly recommend it.

Please note that this item was provided to me for testing and reviewing purposes. My honest views of the product have been presented and I am in no way affiliated with the company.

OUNONA Coat Rack Coat Hooks Wall Mounted Key Hooks with 6 Hooks,Stainless Steel,for Clothes,Bags,Keys,17.32 inches
Offered by OUNONA

4.0 out of 5 stars Great hook rack except for an issue with the screw caps, 15 Nov. 2016
A very solid make. This hook rack feels very strong and well built. The hooks are all very rigid and could hold heavy clothing without breaking off.

The rack also looks stunning. It has a very nice brushed steel look and looks really premium-built with its all-metal body.

As with the previous reviewer, I don't use this for coats. The previous reviewer uses it for mugs and I use it for a walking stick! It's very multi-functional.

I've placed a hoody on the rack just to see how it looks. Looks great. There's plenty of space between each hook so it doesn't look too crowded and the hooks don't seem like they'd damage clothing.

All of that said, I had an issue with the metal decorative caps that cover the screws. They simply do not clip into place - they simply fall out. I figured that perhaps I put the screws in wrong but nope, it was the same problem no matter which order I put the screw + washer in. Maybe I have a faulty set or maybe they're just faulty by design. The issue exists with both metal plates, though, so I would presume it's a design issue.

The rack still looks good and still holds well. You can just see the screws which isn't exactly ideal but it isn't too much of an issue either for most people.

Overall, I am still happy with the hook rack and would recommend it. Just bear in mind the issue with the screw caps...

Comment Comment | Permalink

AUKEY Wired Headphones in Ear Headset with Microphone and Safe Earhook Design for Samsung, HTC, iPhone, Other Smartphone and MP3 Player 3.5mm, etc (EP-C7, Black)
Offered by Tianyue Dazzling

5.0 out of 5 stars My new primary headphones, 15 Nov. 2016
These headphones arrived via Amazon’s FBA service. They were packaged neatly and came with an instructions manual, earbud tips and a 24-month warranty card.

The headphones are very comfortable. Extremely comfortable, in fact. I can barely notice they are in when using them and quickly forget about them after a while. I have a similarly shaped pair of wireless headphones which are equally comfortable (Mpow Seals) although these ones are really nice as wired headphones (no battery hassles). These are actually a little more comfortable than the Mpow Seals. The wiring can be wrapped around glasses and so they fit comfortably while wearing glasses too. They are far more comfortable than Apple’s EarPods.

I am not a fan of heavy metal, rock, etc. - any kind of music that involves a lot of bass. However, for the purpose of reviews, I try out a range of music genres test out audio devices. I must say, I am very pleasantly surprised by the bass on these headphones. It actually excels in performance compared to some much more expensive headphones that I have been given. Asides from the bass, the sound is also crystal clear and the treble is excellent. These headphones are way better in terms of sound quality than Apple’s EarPods. They’re also about 5 times more isolating than EarPods… The noise isolation is brilliant. I absolutely love the sound quality on these headphones and I can be quite picky when it comes to this.

The headphones are especially great for sports - I took them out for a run and they were comfortable throughout and did not slip out. The wire was long enough too to not cause any pulls/tugs.

I am genuinely shocked that these are selling for £8. That is an understatement to the headphones because they are amazing.

Overall, I am extremely pleased with these headphones and would gladly recommend them to friends. I’ve made them my primary headphones. I’ve been comparing these to EarPods throughout since that’s almost a standard with all the people who have used them. I’m a huge fan Apple fan but when it comes to their EarPods, I’m always quite disappointed. Headphones like these blow Apple’s EarPods out of the water.

Note that this item was provided to me for testing and reviewing purposes. No attempt was made by the seller to influence this review and I have presented my honest and impartial views of the product.
Comment Comment | Permalink

AUKEY Power Bank 20000mAh, 5V 3.4A Max for 2 Ports, 5V 2.1A Input, for iPhone, Samsung, iPad, Kindle, LG, SONY, Blackburry ect., with a Micro USB Cable
Offered by yueying

5.0 out of 5 stars Comes in very handy, 15 Nov. 2016
DESIGN

The power bank is quite heavy but that’s expected for a 20,000 mAh bank - just be warned! I have another similarly sized bank (a 22,000 mAh once) and this one is much lighter.

The case feels strong and well-made. It’s built with a hard plastic shell and would probably survive a drop by the looks of it. The front and back edges have a nice looking glossy finish; however, scratches do seem to show quite easily on these. Overall, though, it is definitely built to last and feels quite solid and robust.

CAPACITY

This power bank can be used several times before needing a recharge. It has a capacity of 20,000 mAh. To put that into perspective, an iPhone 6 battery is just 1,810 mAh. An iPhone 6 can thus be charged fully from 0 to 100% about 11 times.

If you try to minimise usage of the power bank, you can go much further: if I ever use the power bank, I always take it off once my device has charged enough, e.g. up to 20% just to get me home. I’ve been using this power bank everyday for about a couple of weeks now and it’s at 2/4 battery life so that’s pretty great.

CHARGING

TORCH''A great feature on this power bank is the torch. Most large power banks seem to have one and it can come in quite handy. It’s pretty bright and could be useful in camping trips / similar scenarios.

CONCLUSION''

Overall, I am very pleased with this power bank and would gladly recommend it. ''

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20