Profile for Marouf > Reviews

Content by Marouf

Marouf (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18
Cleer Professional DJ Headphones, Closed Back Over Ear Studio Monitor Headphones with Inline Microphone(Wired)
Offered by MEILISHENG

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but mind-blowingly good, 27 Aug. 2016
As an avid listener, these premium headphones have been a really nice step up. I own several other headphones although they are mostly from the £50-£150 price range; this includes Soul over-ear, Bose Quietcomfort in-ear and Beats Urbeats 2 in-ear headphones, as well as several low-cost budget headphones. I will try to make comparisons wherever possible.

DELIVERY, PACKAGING AND CONTENTS

Delivery was prompt via Amazon’s Prime delivery service and packaging was very impressive. The box looks like a reputably branded set straight from retail shelves. I would be happy to wrap it up and gift it. Included are the following:

Headphones
Instructions manual
Calibration certificate
Android device audio cable
iOS device audio cable
Universal audio cable (coiled)
Airplane adapter
USB charging cable
Carry case
1-month​ Tidal music subscription

The storage case is a thick hard shell that looks good and seems very protective. The headphones fit perfectly inside the case after folding. There are also little pockets for storing all the other extra items needed.

The audio connection cables are tangle-free (due to the flat design) and seem quite strong. I have been using the iOS cable and it works perfectly with Siri, volume/playback controls, etc.

The micro USB charging cable is the typical cable you would get with most electronic gadgets. The headphones need the additional power for some of the more advanced features.

The instructions manual is very clear and concise. There are actually 2 - a quick start guide and a full manual. They are both easy-to-follow and well-written.

A calibration certificate is also included to show that the headphones passed manufacturing tests, along with a graph outlining the testing results. It is quite professional-looking and reassuring.

I noticed that on the box there is an ‘IF Design Awards 2015’ sticker. I was really sceptical about this as I thought this was a new product. I looked it up on the IF website, though, and it is TRUE! The headphones won a design award in 2015 following from its launch in China. These are only new to the UK market. The design is very nice and I commend Cleer for its success.

DESIGN

The headphones are very comfortable. The cups sit nicely over my ears and block out practically all noise around me. The cups and the headrests are very well-padded and I feel no plastic digging into my head as with some of my past headphones.

The headphones can also be adjusted in size easily and the squeeze is loose to moderate. I have a pair of Soul headphones with a very tight squeeze that eventually hurts my head. These are looser and much more comfortable (not too loose either, they do not seem to slip and isolation is still brilliant).

The headphones fit comfortably directly over my glasses.

The padding is encased in leather and the body of the headphones is made of a solid metal construction. They give the look and feel of a very premium device and I think the headphones would likely prove very robust and lasting in the long-term.

The C on the sides closely resembles the B on Beats headphones, in my opinion. Nevertheless, the headphones do look stunning, especially considering the C can light up! The light requires that the headphones are charged as it uses external power.

The headphones look amazing, feel great and would likely last a very long time. They even won an ‘IF design award’ last year (which you can check on the IF website if you are skeptical like I was).

PERFORMANCE

In terms of sound quality, these are the best I have ever used. They are noticeably richer than all my other headphones. There is no thudding or canniness to beats and the mid/high tones are very clear and crisp, allowing for superb vocal reception. The bass is very strong and well-executed with excellent depth, not the aggravating and unbalanced rattling you often get with cheaper headphones.

The headphones have ‘Psycho-Acoustic Spectral Compensation’ (PASCTM), which boosts bass without compromising the clarity of tones. The setting can be turned on and off with the flick of a switch. I tried it out with some heavy metal and rock and it was mind-blowing. It makes a huge difference, even at low volumes. This feature requires the use of additional power, hence the need for USB charging. I personally leave this setting off simply because of the type of music I listen to, so I would be unable to comment on battery consumption by this feature.

There is also a switch for mono/stereo sound. I think most people would want to leave the headphones set to stereo.

Device (phone, iPod, etc.) settings often allow you to play with the sound balance for additional control over the performance of headphones.

This is particularly useful for headphones such as these where changes can be quite significant due to the intricacy and accuracy of these upper-range headphones. The settings are not as daunting as they may seem as there are usually preset options, such as ‘R&B’ or ‘Pop’.

I tested the headphones across a variety of music types, including R&B, jazz, opera, pop, rock and classical. From what I found, the headphones offer a very immersive and pleasant experience across the entire range.

CONCLUSION

Overall, I am very pleased with these headphones. They perform phenomenally with exceptional sound quality. They are also very comfortable and well-structured with premium materials; they also look stunning with the bold, lit up C on the side. The headphones are very good although, evidently, quality comes at a price; they are very expensive. I absolutely love the headphones but would have been unable to afford them. Anyone who can afford to buy a pair of luxury headphones should definitely consider these. I can gladly recommend them as a premium-range set.

DISCLOSURE

Please note that this item was provided to me for testing and reviewing purposes. No attempt was made by the seller to influence my views.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Solide HERCULES ANTI-SHOCK Impact Skid Resistant Protective Phone Case for Apple iPhone 6 6S 4.7" (016 black)
Offered by Kingloong

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressively tough and feature-rich, 27 Aug. 2016
An impressively tough case with the additional perks of a kickstand, credit card slot and sim card + ejector tool storage.

The first thing I noticed upon receipt is the quality of the packaging. It was very tidy and slick, as well as easy to open. No scissors were needed.

The instructions manual is well-written in English and with diagrams.

The case looks very tough. It has a simple black design with 2 layers: A thick silicone layer that fully covers the phone and provides a good bit of lip around the edges of the screen; a hard shell plastic enclosure that covers the mid-section of the phone and adds on the additional functionality listed above.

It is very, very strong. If you do not need a strong case then this is probably unsuitable for you - it is a lot thicker than a typical phone case. For anyone who does need a strong case, e.g. police officers, firemen, militants, pessimists, etc. this is brilliant. I had this sent to me as my brother recently joined the police force and this will make a nice little gift to congratulate him.

The case has survived extreme drop tests from as high as 2.4 m, as per U.S. military standards. You never really have to worry about dropping your phone and damaging/breaking it unless it is being dangling off a balcony! The case is very reassuring.

Up to 3 cards can be held (the 3rd was a bit of a squeeze when I tried but it still went in fine). They are safely enclosed by the kickstand, which clips into place and prevents cards from falling out. There is a sim card storage slot and the case also comes with an ejector tool that sits nicely in its place.

Overall, I am very pleased with this case. Beware the additional, but probably necessary, bulk that the case brings with it if you are not truly in need of a heavy duty case, though. I am highly impressed with the case and cannot wait to gift it to my brother. I would gladly also recommend this case to anyone in need of a strong case.

Songmics Dumbbell Weights Set Gym Fitness 30kg SYL30H
Songmics Dumbbell Weights Set Gym Fitness 30kg SYL30H
Offered by Songmics

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, holds well and feels safe & secure - I couldn't be happier, 27 Aug. 2016
I received these weights from Songmics in exchange for an honest review. No attempt was made to influence my views.

The weights arrived very promptly and well secured in a thick cardboard box. It came disassembled. Assembly is very straightforward - simply slide the weights through the bars and secure by screwing the star-shaped ends into place (flat side out). Disassembly is equally as simple and easy which is great for storing away or for lightening the load. The ends screw on and off very quickly.

The weights feel very securely held together as the ends screw shut quite tightly. They do not seem to loosen during use.

These weights are filled with sand. They take up more room than cast iron weights as sand is less dense. They are, however, much cheaper.

The bars are patterned so as to improve grip. I didn’t feel as though the bars were slipping at any point even when my palms started to sweat. I don’t think it’s rough enough to hurt your hands with either - I can scrape my palms across the bar on purpose and still cause no damage to my skin (I just tried). The grip is perfect.

The total weight of each dumbbell is either 10 kg or 15 kg depending on the package selected. The great thing is that you can also mix and match the weights if you only need one dumbbell, e.g. to lift with 1 arm at a time. In theory, therefore, the weight of each dumbbell could be greater than 10 or 15 kg by decreasing the weight of the second dumbbell.

To find the best weight for yourself, you need to decide if you want to do more reps with a lighter load (great for toning), or if you want to do fewer reps with a heavier load (great for building). A Google Search suggests a weight that tires you after about 8 reps for building and a weight that tires you after about 15 reps for toning. If you’re not starting to tire out after as much as 22 reps then you may need to up the weight.

These weights + the Fitness Buddy app = the ultimate workout. You’d be surprised by how much can be done at home with just a pair of dumbbells. There are numerous exercises outlined online and in apps. My favourite app for this is an app called Fitness Buddy. It’s a really popular app and it has numerous exercises, each detailing the muscle groups targeted and providing picture/video instructions.

Dumbbells are brilliant; they’re one of the cheapest and most versatile exercise equipments that you can have in the home. I’m really pleased with these dumbbells and would gladly recommend them.
Comment Comment | Permalink

LanAu Wired Sport Running Earbuds,Stereo in Ear Headphone Pure Sound and Powerful Bass for LG,iPhone,iPad,iPod,Sony,Motorola,Samsung,Mp3 Player ( Black)
Offered by LanCheng Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable + great sound, 21 Aug. 2016
NOTE: I initially received a defective set. However, the seller was very prompt to respond and send me a replacement; it's a 5/5 for customer service from me. The replacement works perfectly fine and I'm very pleased with it.

———

These headphones arrived via Amazon’s FBA service. They were packaged in a fairly basic brown box along with instructions, earbud tips and a really nice leather-look pouch. The pouch is too big - about twice the size it needs to be. However, it’s a nice pouch and I use it for other things instead (I personally never store my headphones in pouches anyway, to be honest). Anyone who wants to actually use the pouch for the headphones can fold it in half (which may not be ideal, though, I suppose, but it does the trick).

The headphones are very comfortable. Extremely comfortable, in fact. I can barely notice they are in when using them and quickly forget about them after a while. I have a similarly shaped pair of wireless headphones which are equally comfortable (Mpow Seals) although these ones are nice as wired headphones (no battery hassles). These are actually a tad more comfortable than the Mpow Seals if I am to be picky. The wiring can be wrapped around glasses and so they fit comfortably while wearing glasses too.

The sound quality is very decent considering the price. Sound is crystal clear and the treble is excellent. The bass is somewhat limited, as always with similarly priced headphones; this is expected, to be honest, unless you opt for much more expensive headphones. You can boost bass from your phone settings, which basically reduces treble to isolate and exaggerate the bass; this does help. As a guide, these headphones are much better in terms of sound quality than Apple’s EarPods. They’re also about 5 times more isolating than EarPods… The noise isolation is brilliant.

The headphones feature a multifunction button and mic. The button can be used, on iOS, for various things such as Siri, answering calls, pausing music, skipping tracks or going back a track. I imagine it would have similar functionality on other devices such as Android phones. I would have liked up/down buttons too for volume control but it isn't too much of an issue, I suppose.

The headphones are especially great for sports - I took them out for a run and they were comfortable throughout and did not slip out. The wire was long enough too to not cause any pulls/tugs.

Overall, I am very pleased with these headphones and would gladly recommend them to friends. I’ve made them my primary headphones.

Comment Comment | Permalink

eBoot 12 Colors 2400 Pieces Crystal Water Gel Beads Jelly Water Pearl Vase Filler, 24 Pack
Offered by eBoot

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fun and attractive, 18 Aug. 2016
The beads came in small packets and sorted by colour. I mixed them up and soaked just some of them - you get quite a lot altogether.

There are 12 different colours and 2 packets of each colour, so that’s 24 packets.

The beads take 8 hours to fully swell up and 500ml of water per packet. If you use multiple packets at a time, use a big bowl or you won't have enough space to allow the beads to swell up fully and they’ll overflow. They expand quite a bit.

These are very interesting to see swell up and even more so to hold and touch. They feel very delicate and slippery. You can immerse your hands in them too for an icy sensation. The sensory appeal is high. Bright colours, wet gel-like feel. Great for outdoor messy play on warm days too. If you make up multiple packs you can really get stuck in and watch them scatter through your fingers.

The beads are bouncy too and kids love playing with them. Smaller kids may be tempted to squash them (which is fun but it does kill the beads) or to eat them so you do need to be careful about that.

I remember having beads like these as a kid from the carnival. I absolutely loved them then and I still do now.

The beads can be re-soaked if they begin to dry out and shrink. I’m not sure how long they’d go altogether before needing to be thrown out but if I remember right from all those years back when I was a kid, they lasted a good few weeks.

These beads are really interesting, fun and look amazing. You get a lot for just £5, too, so they’re really good value for money. Overall, I’m very pleased with these water beads and would gladly recommend them.

Comment Comment | Permalink

Extension Lead Vertical Power Strip with Surge Protector JZBRAIN 2.5M/8.2ft Power Extension Cord 14 Gang UK Outlet with 4 smart USB Ports Vertical Power Strip with Surge Protection and Overload Protection 3000W/13A (Black)
Offered by Kingloong

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful, 18 Aug. 2016
I live in a tech house filled with practically uncountable gadgets - from phones to headsets to tablets; the list would never end. It’s really handy to be able to charge and/or power everything in one central place and without having to take turns.

This power strip has a total of 14 outlets and 4 USB ports. I have placed the station right next to the TV, where the TV, Blu-Ray player, speaker system, Sky box, Wi-Fi bridge, landline base and indoor CCTV camera are now plugged in by default. That’s 7 plugs of the 14 already used up. The remaining 7 are being used for things like vacuum cleaners, laptop chargers, further USB chargers, etc. Honestly, though, I think 10 outlets is all I need - you can’t remove stacks so choose your size wisely before ordering.

The distance between outlets is perfect. Some plugs take up a lot of space and it doesn’t seem that would be a problem with this power strip.

My favourite part about the power strip is that you don’t have to power up all the outlets unnecessarily. You can switch the power on and off for each of the 4 sections (4 outlets each except the bottom section which has 2 outlets + 4 USB ports). That can save some electricity, I think.

The strip is surprisingly light. It probably weighs about 200 g. There are different size options too to suit your needs.

The blue light is very annoying! Well, I find it annoying. I placed some blu-tac on top of the bulbs to cover them and no longer have an issue. You can also turn the strip to the side although I wanted the power cord to run from the back. I try to keep the area as tidy as possible.

Overall, I am very pleased with this item and would gladly recommend it.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Neon 5PCS Stainless Steel Fried Egg Mould Non-Stick Egg Rings Cooking Egg Fried Pancake Omelets Mold Rings Kitchen Tool Pancake Rings with Oil Brush
Offered by five-starstore

5.0 out of 5 stars Well-built and easy-to-use, 18 Aug. 2016
These egg moulds are really fun to work with. They’re great for getting the kids excited about cooking. They don’t just have to be used for eggs - they can also be used for things like cookies and pancakes.

The set includes a total of 5 stainless steel moulds - a heart, a Mickey Mouse head, a star, a flower and a circle.

Each mould has a handle that folds out to let you use the mould safely on a pan. The handle doesn’t collapse in on itself while using the mould which I think is the most important thing. It’s plastic so it doesn’t get hot either.

The set includes a ‘gift’, which is essentially a silicone pastry brush for oiling, marinating, etc. I already had one but it is nonetheless a nice addition and perfect as a spare.

The items are all dishwasher safe. They can be hand washed fairly easy too if preferred although some of the shapes are more difficult to clean than others, e.g. the points of the star. It’s mostly quick and easy enough to clean, though, especially if using a dishwasher.

I used these for cookies literally just now - the cookies are still in the oven and I’ve just finished cleaning the moulds. The cookies cut out really nicely and it was really fun working with the kids on them.

Overall, I am pleased with this set and would be happy to recommend it, especially if you have kids in the house.

Comment Comment | Permalink

Timberbrother Yoga Mat - Eco-friendly TPE Material, Extra long at 61cm x 183cm x 6mm Thick (Dark Blue + Light Blue)
Offered by mpjbattery

5.0 out of 5 stars A comfortable mat with excellent grip, 13 Aug. 2016
SHORT REVIEW

This yoga mat is very comfortable and thick; I cannot feel the hardness of the floor from beneath. It also has a very generous length and can be cut shorter if required. Overall, I am very pleased with this item and would gladly have purchased it at full price.

DETAILED REVIEW

The mat is 6 mm thick. I use it for exercises such as situps, crunches, push-ups, etc. and find that the mat is thick enough for my purpose. I have laminate flooring below and, with the mat, the surface is soft and comfortable enough to exercise on.

The mat I have is a real nice royal blue colour with a light blue undersurface. The mat comes in two other colours too. A subtle logo is imprinted on the top corner of the mat. I like the fact it is branded rather than a cheap unbranded mat on its own that was mass produced and mass distributed.

The undersurface of the mat has excellent grip. I did several jumps, burpees, etc. on the mat and experienced no slipping.

The mat rolls up easy and can be tied up using the supplied string to keep it from opening up. I leave mine leaned up against a wall and have found I don't actually need to tie it up.

Overall, it is an excellent yoga mat and I would gladly recommend it.

Square Thermostatic Shataff Douche Bidet Kit Shower Toilet Spray Chrome Brass
Square Thermostatic Shataff Douche Bidet Kit Shower Toilet Spray Chrome Brass

5.0 out of 5 stars A very slick and functional bidet set - highly recommended, 13 Aug. 2016
SHORT REVIEW

I have just had this bidet set installed this evening by my plumber and I couldn’t be happier with it. The flow is very smooth and I’ve experienced no leaks at all. The temperature is easy to control too. It also looks stunning and matches my new square-themed taps quite nicely. My bathroom is still in the process of being redone but I’ll definitely be uploading pictures of the fitted set once everything’s done. There aren’t many square style handheld bidet sets on Amazon; I was offered this one by this seller as well as another by a different seller. I chose to go with this one as it looked nicer. Overall, I am very pleased with the set and would gladly recommend it.

---

DETAILED REVIEW

Delivery, packaging and contents:

The kit arrived promptly through Amazon’s ‘FBA’ service. It was very neatly packaged in a black box with all contents secured safely inside by polystyrene packaging. The contents of the kit include a spray head, a hose, a bracket with an on/off valve and a thermostatic mixer valve. Some further fittings were required (1/2” BSP female fitting) and copper piping although my plumber had these at hand and was able to supply them himself. Otherwise, everything needed to complete the installation is provided.

Installation:

The kit operates between 0.2 and 5 bar. I have very low water pressure and this device works great in spite of that. The flow is definitely strong enough for use. Most basin taps operate within the same range. I have trouble with some types of taps such as waterfall taps because of my low pressure so I was really pleased to find I could use this kit without any issues. You may want to find out what your water pressure is before purchasing although it is most likely that the pressure is within this range.

Included with the kit is a very simple instructions manual. There are 6 steps including diagrams and, having taken a brief look, rather simple and easy-to-follow English. I personally think it’s better to hire a qualified plumber to do the installation just in case anything goes wrong but if you are up for the challenge, the instructions definitely do seem easy enough to follow and it does all seem quite manageable. There may also be videos on YouTube to help. My plumber fitted it in about 15 mins.

Design:

The items all seem to be very well made. One of the first things I noticed was how strong and dense the metal is. It’s a solid construction with a very premium feel. Wiping clean is very easy too.

The handle is small and releases a really nice, circular jet of water when pressed. There is a groove for comfortably resting your thumb and using the device. For the size, it is heavier than expected although I suppose this attributes to the high-quality metal used to build it. It is definitely still much lighter and easier to hold than a water pot or similar.

The handle sits nicely in its dock ready for the next use.

The temperature dial has a nice feature that locks it at 38°C (changeable). To go hotter than this, you need to push the button while turning. This is a safety measure to prevent burns. It can be dialled below 38°C by simply turning without having to push the button.

The hose is approximately 1.5 metres long. For me, this is the ideal length. I think you can purchase longer hoses if required from other companies and they would still work although 1.5 m should be fine for most - any longer and you may have trouble with droopy or tangling hoses unless you’ve kept the wall brackets quite far away.

Conclusion:

The kit arrives neatly packaged and containing more or less everything needed to set the bidet up. The square design looks very modern and slick - that’s why I’ve gone for a square basin and square taps too. The bidet also works great; I’ve experienced no leaks and, in spite of my very low water pressure system, it sprays a really nice smooth jet. The bidet is far better than the water pots I used to use and far better than toilet paper on its own; it’s much more hygienic. Overall, I am very pleased with this kit and would gladly recommend it.

Please note that this item was provided to me for testing and reviewing purposes. No attempt was made by the seller to influence my views and it was me who approached the seller. I hope this review has been helpful; I notice very few other reviews and would thus gladly answer any queries you may have about the item. Feel free to comment below as required.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 13, 2016 10:31 AM BST

Vanwalk Compact Outdoor Beach Blanket & Wash Basin Bucket, Large Measures 70"x56" Waterproof & Sand Escape, Relax in the Park / Garden / Home. Handy Mat with Straps, Portable & Durable, Easy to Fold & Clean (Blue)
Offered by Vanwalk

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent blanket and wash bucket, 11 Aug. 2016
The picnic mat arrived promptly via the Fulfilled by Amazon (FBA) service. It arrived neatly folded up along with a wash bucket and drawstring bag.

The mat is quite large and seats about 4-5 people. I took it down to the park to use for a group of 4 and there was room to spare on the mat. If the mat is too big it can be folded to size.

The mat seems to be quite easy to clean as the material is nice and smooth. My 13-year old sister borrowed it to do some paint work and got some paint on it which easily came off with some kitchen towels.

Folding it up properly is pretty straightforward if you’re following the instructions. You can just fold it like any other mat if you prefer, though, which is precisely what I do - it’s quicker/easier just not as neat and compact.

The thickness of the mat is good enough. The ground below at the park wasn’t irritating and it was pretty comfortable.

The wash bucket can come in really handy for cold drinks bottles or something similar. Do remember, though, that it is a bucket / basket rather than a sealed bag - the top is left open. It looks really nice in my opinion and it’s pretty easy to carry whether full or only partially full. The material is really thick and seemingly insulating.

Overall, I am very pleased with the items in this set and would gladly recommend it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18