Profile for Marouf > Reviews

Content by Marouf

Marouf (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Sunrise Alarm Clock, Wake Up Light with Sunrise Simulation & Snooze Function, Sunset Simulator Night Light Colourful Bedside Lamp - 6 Nature Sounds, Multi Light Modes, Touch Control
Offered by ALFALED

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I'd bought one sooner, 29 May 2017
A friend recommended I get Hue lights to gradually wake me up as I'm not much of a morning person. But Hue lights are really expensive so I looked around and stumbled on this. I ordered it and gave it a go over the past couple of days and it's incredible. I feel so much more refreshed and well-rested in the morning. I only use it for the light - the alarm sounds are pretty lame. But the light is why I got it and I'm really pleased with it. It becomes surprisingly bright and it really does feel much more natural waking up with it. It does also have a radio and I turned it on for a short while to give it a go and it does seem to work. I'll be sticking with my phone for the radio and for my alarm sound, though, as it's more convenient for me. The main thing is that the light slowly wakes you up over 30 minutes after which your alarm goes off. For £20 a wake-up light is a must for anyone. Really pleased.

KitchenCraft Stainless Steel Mini Magic Whisk, 20 cm (8")
KitchenCraft Stainless Steel Mini Magic Whisk, 20 cm (8")

5.0 out of 5 stars Very quick and easy, 26 May 2017
Gave this a *whirl* today and it's surprisingly good at whisking. I whipped some cream with this and it was even easier and quicker than with my full size whisk. Might not be as good as an electronic whisk but that's expected. I love that you can just quickly whisk something then pop it into the dishwasher or clean it by hand as if it's just a spoon or a fork.

[24 Pack] ASALON Silicone Bakeware Baking Muffin Cups Reusable Cupcake Liners Cases Moulds Sets Non-stick Bakeware
Offered by Jiamu

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what we needed, 26 May 2017
This is exactly what I was looking for. You get a nice big pack of 24 and they're all so fun and colourful. They’re easy to clean too as they're dishwasher safe and they’re easy to eat from / remove the cakes from as they're nice and flexible. My 10-year old niece has just started getting into baking and she was really happy to have gotten these this morning - she made some cupcakes just now and they were lovely! Overall very pleased.

Oxford Campus A4 Lever Arch File - Navy
Oxford Campus A4 Lever Arch File - Navy

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but short-lived, 26 May 2017
These do not last very long. The hoops eventually stop closing fully and sheets fall out. Mine lasted just less than a year. I bought another of the same kind, though, as there arent many good alternatives within the same price range and since it comes with a 4-year guarantee. To use the guarantee, you need to post the item along with receipts to the manufacturer. They then inspect it and send a new one back to you, reimbursing the postage cost. I'm going to give that a go for the one that broke. then I can just put it aside as a spare.

Deducted 1 star as I expected it to last longer. Would deduct more if it didn't have a warranty. Other than this it's a very strong ring binder with a safe and easy to use closing mechanism. Holds lots of sheets without a problem.

BangRui Smooth Soft Edge Electric Can Opener with One-Button Start and One-Button Manual Stop (Purple)
Offered by BangRuiZhiJia

4.0 out of 5 stars Cuts effortlessly and perfectly every time, 25 May 2017
At first, I was pushing the button frantically trying to get it to work but it just wouldn't. Then I realised it needed batteries, duh. A bit disappointing it needs 4 AA batteries! Nonetheless, I just popped in some cheap Poundland batteries and gave it a go.

I was really impressed at how quick and easy it is to use. You just place it on top of the can and push the button. It circles the can on its own and finishes with the most perfectly cut can that you could possibly ask for. It's incredible.

I knocked a star off because it's quite big and bulky and because it needs 4 batteries. In terms of functionality and performance, it's amazing - 5 stars there for sure.

2 in 1 Lightning to Dual Lightning Adapter with Mic for iPhone 7/7 Plus,Wofalo Mini AUX Splitter Audio + Charge Sync Data Compatible for iOS 10.3 - (Black)
Offered by Cloud Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish Apple would just supply these with the iPhone., 24 May 2017
Just got this and tried it out and it works! Was always really annoying not being able to charge my phone and listen to music at the same time now with the 3.5 mm slot gone. You'd think these adapters would be bundled by Apple in the £700 iPhone package but nope. Oh well, I'm just glad these exist so it's there as an option. It's all digital so no loss in sound with this adapter. Not so sure why anyone would need the wrist strap it comes with, though, but who am I to be complaining! Really pleased with this.

Rexel No.56 Staples - Pack of 5000
Rexel No.56 Staples - Pack of 5000

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 24 May 2017
Great value staples that work just as expected. They don't seem weak or anything. Just regular staples at a low price. Not much more to say really. Will be buying again from here next time.

Andrew James Set of 3 Non-Stick Spring Form Cake Tins Set
Andrew James Set of 3 Non-Stick Spring Form Cake Tins Set
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars A solid set, 24 May 2017
Just given these a go and they work great. Didn't experience any leaks as some others have said. Perhaps they hadn't clipped the base into place properly or had a faulty set, I'm not sure. But I checked properly and there didn't seem to be any leakage at all - I even poured some water in and gave it a whirl just to see, both before and after use (since metal expands slightly when heated), but the water stayed inside.

Really pleased with how easy this makes getting the cake out and with the build quality. It's a solid set and stacks nicely too. A little pricey but I couldn't find anything for much cheaper.

Distianert Electric RC Car Offroad Remote Control Car RTR RC Buggy RC Monster Truck 1:16 2WD 2.4Ghz High Speed with Rechargeable Battery
Offered by Distianert

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fast and fun to play with, 23 May 2017
Length:: 0:19 Mins

I bought this for my niece who absolutely loves it. She really enjoyed playing with it outside with her friend and will be using it again. I had a go too and it really is quite fun.

I’m surprised at how fast it is. The girls were able to run aside it and race with it. The controls are also pretty effective and responsive. It drives really well and it even seems to go through the grass just fine. I’ve attached a quick video I took of the car in action.

Charging is pretty straightforward as long as you don’t screw the battery cover into place but simply clip it in instead (seems secure enough without the screw). You take the battery pack out and plug it in. Pretty standard as I remember using a similar RC car in the past that had the same type of battery system. The controller just takes a couple of standard AA batteries.

Overall I’m really pleased with this and am glad I bought it.
Comment Comment | Permalink

EReach Fidget Hand Spinner Toy, Stress Reducer 100% Brass Premium R188 Bearing Fidget Finger Toy Can Continue to Rotate Up to3-5 Minutes with Removable DIY Wings - Focus Anxiety Relief Toys for Killing Time
Offered by EReach-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 20 May 2017
I really like the fact that this can be disassembled and reassembled in different ways. It really does give you something to play/fidget with. More importantly, though, it spins really fast and for really long and also looks very good. This is one of the higher-grade metal spinners. It’s well balanced and has a good bit of weight so it’s really good for practising tricks.

These are a lot of fun to play or ‘fidget’ with. I’m really pleased with this spinner overall - it's a great upgrade from cheaper spinners. Just be careful if you’re giving it to kids as it is metal and quite heavy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20