Profile for Marouf > Reviews

Content by Marouf

Marouf (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
Mpow ® Foldable Bluetooth Headphones, Over-head Wireless/Wired Stereo Headphones with Microphone for Music Streaming for Smartphone, iPad , iPod, Laptop and MP3 -- Black
Offered by Patox

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 27 July 2016
Please note that this item was provided to me for testing and reviewing purposes. No attempt was made by the seller to influence my views.

Delivery was prompt via Amazon’s Prime delivery service and packaging was neat and tidy. The outer box is recyclable and perfectly sized. Along with the Bluetooth headphones came an instructions manual, a drawstring storage back, a USB charging cable and an audio connection cable (for headphone use sans Bluetooth'). The storage bag is thick and seems resilient to wear and tear. It is much more compact and lighter than the huge storage cases that most headphones come in but I guess this comes down to preference as the larger cases do also tend to look nicer and are more protective. The manual is in a clear, concise English (leaflet form).

The Bluetooth headphones are as easy to use and set up as any other bluetooth headphones/earpiece/earphones. Simply push and hold the on button and select Mpow Thor from your bluetooth settings. These wireless headphones allow for playback control and also have a multifunction button for activating Siri / answering calls / etc. There is also a mic on the headphones itself so you need not keep your phone close when talking on the phone / using Siri. My only gripe would be that holding the up and down buttons adjusts volume and pressing changes the tracks - most audio devices have it set to the other way round and that’s what I’m used to. Not a major issue and perhaps even specific to just me. Other than that, though, I cannot fault the user controls on these Bluetooth headphones.

Sound performance is good for the price. There is definitely a solid bass, which most wireless headphones seem to lack. Bass can be reduced if required using your device’s equaliser although I personally find the bass to be just about right. There is no thudding or canniness to beats. The mid tones are clear enough at medium to high volumes but at low volumes, they do tend to wash away and can sound quite flat; the mids in general could do with a little more depth. It must be noted, though, that these wireless headphones are only £20.99, so they won’t compare with higher-end, more advanced headphones. For budget Bluetooth headphones these are quite impressive.

The wireless headphones provide a very immersive experience at medium-high volumes. As with most over-ear headphones, if not all, be wary of sound leakage at higher volumes. At low-medium volumes, sound leakage seems to be of no issue. For average or typical use, the Bluetooth headphones therefore seem to provide sufficient sound insulation. Users who like to play music loudly should be careful and mindful, though, as sound does leak eventually.

In terms of comfort, the wireless headphones have very well-padded ear cushions and headrests. I feel no plastic digging into my head as I have with past headphones. The Bluetooth headphones can be adjusted in size easily and the squeeze is loose-moderate. I have a pair of Soul headphones with a very tight squeeze that eventually hurts my head. These are much looser and seemingly also sufficient for smaller heads at the same time (I can still feel the squeeze necessary to keep them in place when stretching them open just a little with my hands).

Some headphones sit comfortably directly over glasses’ arms and others don’t. It’s always hard to tell as it never seems to be stated. When placing these directly over the arms of my glasses they do feel a little uncomfortable. I imagine this all has something to do with the firmness of the cushion cups. However, you can place the arms of the glasses directly above and outside of the fusion pads without issue. I have other headphones with larger cups and when doing this, the glasses end up getting placed at and angle and everything just seems really distorted, giving me a headache. The cups on these wireless headphones seem small enough for this to not be an issue. I tried with large lens-glasses and small lens-glasses, both of which I was able to use comfortably enough alongside these Bluetooth headphones.

Overall, I am quite impressed by these wireless headphones. The sound quality is very decent for budget headphones and these will fit the needs of the majority. As a heavy music-listener, I actually have much higher end, more expensive headphones and would thus only be using these as a spare. If you aren’t a heavy listener / audiophile or are simply looking for a cheap set then I would gladly recommend these. I doubt there are many at the price point of ~£20 that would compare so well. These would likely compare more closely to the ~£50 range of Bluetooth headphones in my opinion, so you get pretty good value for money. For budget headphones, it’s a 5/5 from me.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Xcellent Global Travel Makeup Mirror Luxury Folding Handheld Double-sided 1x/5x Magnifying Portable Handheld Mirror LED Lighted Cosmetic Compact, Black HG115

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, 27 July 2016

This is a nice, large mirror with a slick black encasing. There are two mirrors inside, one of which magnifies by 5x the size.

The mirror requires a considerable number of batteries (4 AAA batteries, not included). That said, I anticipate long-lasting use of this large power supply and so batteries should need replacing infrequently. I suppose the large number of batteries is both a good and bad thing.

The lights are very nicely dotted around the main mirror like jewels. They are bright and covered by a frosted shield to minimise glare. The light wasn’t too distracting and didn’t get in my eyes when I looked into the mirror as the mirror is quite large allowing for the bulbs to be spread quite far apart. For those who do find it distracting can still make use of the lights when using the top (magnified) mirror (or for just showing to friends). The lights can be easily flicked up using the on/off switch

The mirror is quite large. For those who need to carry around large mirrors, this could be great although others may prefer to use this in the home and carry around a smaller pocket mirror instead. This mirror does have rubber feet and does stand quite nicely, which would allow you to sit it on a dressing table or desk. I think it is primarily designed for stationary use at home or for those who really need a large mirror.

Taking the battery dilemma to be of neutral concern, I cannot really find any actual faults with this item and would gladly recommend it.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Foldable Bluetooth Headphones, Mpow® Thor Foldable Over-head Wireless/Wired Stereo Headphones with Microphone On-ear Headphones for Music Streaming for Smartphone, iPad , iPod, Laptop and MP3 -- Black
Offered by Patox

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 25 July 2016

Comment Comment | Permalink

Xcellent Global Magnifying Glass Set,LED Lighted Handheld Reading Magnifier with 2.5X 5X and 16X Interchangeable Detachable Lens LD093
Offered by EU Xcellent Global

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent product bar 1 star for packaging, 25 July 2016

The magnifying glasses are great for personal use but if purchasing as a gift, be aware that packaging may be quite poor. The set I received arrived in a battered box and is thus unsuitable for passing on as a gift as I had initially intended. I may have just been unlucky but do feel that the issue could have been avoided had the manufacturer used a thicker cardboard for the box.

The magnifying glasses work well. There are three interchangeable lenses of different sizes and magnifications; the smaller lenses offer greater magnification. I trust that the lenses do abide by their descriptions of 2.5x, 5x and 16x magnifications. At 2.5x, things under lens do seem about twice as large and at the highest magnification of 16x, things can be seen much more closely (I was even able to see the outer ink droplets on some printed text).

The lenses are all protected by a thick and tough bezel. The handle is also quite thick and easy to hold with its grooves and grippy matt plastic regions.

Three standard AAA batteries are required to power the light on the magnifying glasses. These are not provided so ensure you have your own before purchasing this set. I have no spare batteries at hand and am thus unable to test the light and battery consumption at present.

Overall, the magnifiers are of great quality. They work well and they seem pretty durable too. My only gripe is with the packaging this came in; it is a shame as this would otherwise have made an excellent gift for kids / early teens. This is the only reason I knocked a star off.

If you desperately need something like this to gift then I would suggest contacting the seller first to ask if all the boxes are as worn as the one I received. If you are buying this for personal use then I would gladly recommend it with a full 5-star' rating.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Universal Waterproof Case, 3 Pack UKCOCO Dry Bag with Armband for Boating, Hiking, Swimming, Work with iPhone 6S, 6, Plus, SE, Galaxy Note S6, S7, HTC
Offered by BESTOMZ STORE

5.0 out of 5 stars Touch screen works, camera works, a comfy fit & the perfect seal - 5/5, 24 July 2016

The cases arrived as a pack of 3 - blue, black and pink. Each case was individually packed along with a wrist strap, a neck strap and instructions.

My iPhone 6 sits inside comfortably even with the case on. An iPhone 6 Plus or similar-sized phone should also fit inside, possibly with the case still on too.

The touch screen works perfectly fine while inside. It’s not as smooth as the actual glass screen when gliding your finger over it, of course, but it is certainly usable. I’ve found that pushing all the air from inside out of the case before sealing and/or removing the case makes it smoother. It is still perfectly usable either way, though.

The case has a clear space at the bottom through which cameras can be used. This is great for underwater pics at the pool. I just got back from a beach resort holiday so I’m gutted I didn’t think of getting one of these before I went. You can snap some really nice family pics in the water with this I imagine.

The case seems to seal very well. I did a water test with some kitchen towels, leaving it for about a couple of hours and no water got through at all. The towels were completely dry. I’m yet to use it with my phone in the water now as the need is yet to arise although I do now trust the case to perform as required.

Overall, I am very pleased with this item and would gladly recommend it.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Homitex Silicone Travel Bottles Cosmetic Travel Containers(5 pack)
Homitex Silicone Travel Bottles Cosmetic Travel Containers(5 pack)
Offered by kissta

5.0 out of 5 stars Very practical and handy, 24 July 2016

This is a useful and practical set of 5 silicone travel bottles. It’s great for travelling and comes in handy for daily use in purses/bags and/or around the home too.

They are neatly packaged in a resealable/reusable bag into which they can all sit comfortably at once, so the packaging might be worth keeping too.

The bottles are very easy to clean as the lids come off completely for each part to be cleaned separately. They squeeze easily too (as expected since they are made of silicone).

There are 3 colours altogether - white, pink and turquoise. They look neither boring nor overly vibrant as the colours are quite subtle.

The most important think to note is that the bottles are leak proof. I have been carrying one around hand cream inside and have experienced no leakage as the lids click shut securely.

Overall, I am very pleased with these bottles and would gladly recommend them.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Vanwalk 40L Cycling Hiking Backpack Sunhiker Travel Backpack Durable Light Hiking Daypack for Men and Women (Black)
Offered by Vanwalk

5.0 out of 5 stars Roomy and comfy, 7 July 2016

This rucksack has plenty of support, is very roomy and it seems really nice and durable. It’s perfect for a weekend’s backpacking hike including strapping on a small backpacking tent, insulating sleeping mat and rolled up sleeping bag, or even for use on holiday as a carry-on.

At 40 L
when fully packed, it is a very roomy backpack but it’s also one which is well organised with lots of pockets allowing easy sorting of its contents and good access throughout.

Starting from the front... there is a front zipped pocket with a water-resistant sealed zip. Inside this compartment is a zipped compartment, one loose pocket and 3 pen holders. In front of this compartment is a further zipped compartment and there are two small zipped at the bottom too. The sides have two elastic bottle holders of the perfect size for medium to large bottles.

Then there is the main compartment of the rucksack accessed via a twin-opening zip. Inside is a large laptop pocket, lightly padded to the front and more heavily padded at the rear. The pocket houses up to 15 inch laptops perfectly fine - my laptop slipped in snuggly without being too tight. The laptop is secured into place with a velcro strap. The main compartment is very nice and large - it expands as you fill it so there’s no sagging when it’s only partially filled.

Compression straps to each side of the bag can hold the rucksack’s contents and keep their bulk to a minimum which is beneficial on treks – it always feels better to carry a smaller pack than unnecessary bulk. Further straps on the base of the rucksack will comfortably carry a rolled up backpacking tent, sleeping bag and sleeping mat. It all buckles neatly across your chest for the optimum fit and support.

In addition to this all, the bag benefits from a very comfortably padded back and a 2cm thick padded strip to each side creating a very effective air channel to help prevent the wearer’s back becoming sweaty in use. I find it to be very effective and the equally well padded shoulder straps were comfortable too. A padded waist belt helps to keep loads stable and also helps to lighten the load, psychologically at least(!) and the chest strap at the top also helps prevent any slippage.

The rucksack is made of a strong and highly durable rip-stop polyester. It’s described as waterproof - preventing water from seeping into the contents of the back. I would expect the bag to still get quite soggy but looking at the zippers and the thickness of the bag, it does seem that the contents would unlikely get wet in heavy rain. I would still always pack things like my phone into waterproof liner bags though just in case.

This rucksack certainly seems quite tough and durable. It’s very light too and holds a surprising amount. The bag doesn’t sag either as it expands when filled. It looks like a very smart and slick bag and I am, overall, very pleased with it. I would therefore recommend it to anyone looking for a rugged, showerproof and comfortable backpack.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Wansview 1080P IP Camera WiFi Wireless Security Camera , Full HD Plug / Play Home Surveillance Camera, Pan / Tilt with Two - Way Audio and Night Vision NCM625GA
Offered by Wansview-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars A very impressive and functional camera, 7 July 2016
Please note that this item was provided to me by Wansview for testing and reviewing purposes. No attempt was made to influence my views and I am, as an independent reviewer, in no way affiliated with the company.

OVERVIEW

This Pro HD camera is incredible. It is very well designed; it looks great and feels very strong & durable. Moreover, it has several nifty features hat all work pretty well through the provided apps/software. It all comes with very well-written and easy-to-follow instructions - it only took about 5 mins to setup. The camera lets you play an alarm, has motion detection (which actually works pretty well, too) and it allows you to stream through a phone app, a Windows program, a Mac program or through a web address. You can even pan the camera (up, down, left and right) remotely via the app. You get a lot for your money and I’m definitely quite pleased with this camera.

HARDWARE

The camera comes in a slick black with black components. There are jewel-like lights on the front too that look great. I believe these are used for nighttime use. It all looks very slick and sits really nicely on my TV stand.

A high quality, thick plastic is used. It doesn’t feel cheap and flimsy. It’s all very smooth and nicely finished. The camera feels strong and durable and would likely survive a typical drop.

The camera quality is a very impressive 1080p HD (video) and 3MP (photos). I saved some footage earlier today with people coming in and out of the house and walking about in the area. Upon review, it’s more than clear enough for CCTV usage. Everyone’s face could be seen clearly and there was no fuzziness or blur to prevent this. I used it on the front porch and noticed that the camera can see clearly from pretty far too (I angled it outwards quite a bit). People could be seen from across the road.

I have a few other CCTV cameras but they’re only 720p (except for one other 1080p camera I have) - the video quality is good on the 720p cameras and most likely fine for CCTV use but this 1080p camera is noticeably clearer. It’s about the same in terms of video quality as my other, more expensive 1080p camera. Clarity could be key to capturing a thief’s face.

The lens has a very wide angle, so you get more a lot of pictures at each configuration, even though the camera can be panned to get an even better view of something if needed.

SETUP AND USE

Setup is pretty straightforward. When I first opened the package and looked inside, I was a little frightened by all the cables. It looks difficult but it actually isn’t - honest! There’s a quick installation guide and it is very well-written (in proper English for once) and is topped with colourful pictures and diagrams. It’s very easy to follow through and takes just about 5 mins to set everything up.

You can view your camera using the app / a computer and you can adjust any settings if required. You can set up motion detection alerts and alarms too. The app is really self-explanatory and easy to navigate so this is all easier to do than you may think. You can also put an SD card inside to save recordings automatically. You don’t have to be a tech wiz to use this camera.

SOFTWARE

It took about 5 mins to setup the camera although I spent about another 20 mins setting up and playing around with the phone app and desktop software - testing the different features and experimenting with motion detection, etc. The default settings are all more or less perfect - it is mainly just a setup and go sort of thing (I didn’t change much). The app is surprisingly slick and easy to use. The camera responds quickly and efficiently to the app too and I experienced no connection drops. I recommend familiarising yourself with the app and all the features like I did in order to make the most of the camera.

The app lets you perform a digital zoom by pinching (into the centre) and a remote pan of the actual camera. It’s pretty responsive and works great. You can see all around the room if you put the camera somewhere in the middle.

The camera can also record pictures and videos taken, and store them onto a micro SD card (there is a card slot at the back) if you wish. You can use cards of up to 64GB in capacity, which is twice the capability of most cameras. You can also record videos and/or snap pics using the app if you prefer. The videos and pictures get stored in the app’s own storage system but can also be exported to your camera roll (iOS, probably the same for Android). The desktop programs let you do all the sam things although I personally prefer to use the apps.

The motion detection works really well. I entered and left the room a few times to see what happens and every time I did I received a prompt push alert on my phone (you have to enable motion detection).

CONCLUSIONS

In conclusion, this is a really good camera that’s packed with useful features, has brilliant picture quality, easy-to-use software and a very well-written user manual. The construction feels strong and durable. It all works as advertised and I would gladly recommend this camera.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Inateck 2.5 Inch USB 3.0 HDD External Hard Drive Disk Enclosure/ Case for 9.5mm 7mm 2.5-Inch SATA-I, SATA-II, SATA-III, SATA HDD and SSD - Black, Optimized for SSD & Tool-Free (FE2010)
Offered by Inateck

5.0 out of 5 stars Efficient, 7 July 2016

The enclosure is the perfect way to increase security of your precious data in the event of drops, floods, etc. Installation is quick and easy - no fiddly screws or anything. It’s very simple to setup and you use it as you would any backup drive. It’s an instant shielded backup drive. Overall, I am very pleased with this item.

To install, simply slide off the top cover of your drive and pop into the SATA connector of this case and close the lid. Done.

The drive transfer rates are very fast compared to my previous enclosure. It is a USB 3.0 enclosure, which I believe is currently the fastest around. I’m using a Toshiba drive and, with this, I get impressive speeds of around 30 Mbps. This is much better than my previous enclosure which could only go at around 4 Mbps, mind you it was only a USB 2.0 enclosure so rather limiting. I’m glad I’ve got this now.

At the back is an on/off switch to disable the device when not in use. A blue LED light also indicates the the drive is successfully mounted and in use.

A reinforced plastic is used to build this. It’s very strong and thick, and doesn’t seem to bend out of shape. It feels very strong and durable; I even dropped it literally just a few seconds ago and it bounced right off the floor without a single mark.

Overall, I am very pleased with this item. It’s inexpensive, very durable and very fast. An enclosure is vital for protecting your previous data and I’d gladly recommend this one.
Comment Comment | Permalink

New Wireless P2P Multi-use Smart Home Security HD WIFI IP Camera Carcorder DVR 1280*960 1.3MP Support Max. 64Gb TF Card For Car Home Office Warehouse

5.0 out of 5 stars A very clever magnetic design, 7 July 2016

This camera has a very clever design and boasts a plethora of features, all controlled through very slick and easy to use software. This includes motion detection and alarm functionality. I’m definitely very impressed with this camera.

The camera is tiny - about the size of a golf ball. It can be attached to the supplied mounts of your choice. I really like the magnetic mount - it rolls around the magnetic ball, allowing you to point it any angle and easily stick it onto a metal shelf or something without any screws or drilling. The camera looks a lot like a tiny robot; it’s very modern and slick. There are no lights on the front so you can record quite discretely.

I’m using this as a security camera for which the video quality is definitely more than clear enough. I did a test with someone up close and it focuses really well so I’d say it’s equally as good for speaking with people or for monitoring babies, etc. It’s a very impressive HD camera. The camera has infrared night vision capability. It can be moved about physically to get the best angle, but the angle cannot be controlled remotely. I was a bit disappointed at first but then realised that it actually isn’t such an issue - the lens is able to cover the entire room including the sides! It’s a very wide angle, like a 'fish-eye' lens, so you get a lot of picture in the frame.

Ceiling/wall mounting is probably ideal (and would look really cool too). You could get a nice overview of the entire room from the centre. I’ve simply placed mine on the TV stand, though, where I can still see everything perfectly and where it’s really discrete and unnoticeable. I’d rather a burglar doesn’t notice the camera and subsequently hide his/her face.

The app lets you perform a digital zoom by pinching (into the centre). Do note, though, that this isn’t the same as an optical zoom. You can do the same digital zoom with any video from a computer (or possibly also a mobile app). That said, for the purpose of zooming into details in a room such as someone’s face, it should be more than sufficient since it’s an HD camera, though.

You can partake in a 2-way conversation with babysitters/children/burglars/etc as the camera has both a mic and speaker. Both the mic and sound quality seem pretty decent - it’s all very loud and clear. I had a bit of fun spooking out my sister before showing her the camera xD.

I did some tests with the motion detection and it works really well. I entered and left the room a few times to see what happens and every time I did I received a prompt push alert on my phone (you have to enable motion detection). You can also set up an email server for push email notifications although I’m yet to do so. I’ll report back if I have trouble with this.

The camera can also record pictures and videos taken, and store them onto a micro SD card (there is a card slot at the back) if you wish. You can use cards of up to 64GB in capacity, which is twice the capability of most cameras, it seems. You can also record videos and/or snap pics using the app if you prefer - the videos and pictures get stored in the app’s own storage system but can also be exported to your camera roll (iOS, probably the same for Android).

Included with the camera is a very straightforward and easy-to-follow quick installation guide. It’s in leaflet-format - it opens up with clearly numbered and written steps, as well as coloured diagrams. Altogether it took about 5 mins to setup. I spent about another 20 mins setting up and playing around with the app - testing the different features and experimenting with motion detection, etc. The default settings are all more or less perfect - it is just a set up and go sort of thing.

The app is really slick and easy to navigate. The camera responds quickly and efficiently to the app too and I experienced no connection drops. I recommend familiarising yourself with the app and all the features in order to make the most of the camera. There’s also a disk for using computer software to access the camera instead although I’ve personally only used the phone app.

In conclusion, I am very pleased with this camera. It works great and has a very impressive design. I would gladly recommend it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16