Profile for Daniel L Lee > Reviews

Content by Daniel L Lee

Daniel L Lee (Bristol, UK)

Sweet Shop Collection Phone Case for iPhone 5/5s - Design 19: Bourbon Biscuit. Hard Back Glossy Covers for iPhone Models.
Offered by iCaseDesigner

1.0 out of 5 stars Breaks in your pocket!, 5 Jan. 2017
So I've had this case a little over a month now I think, and it really is appalling quality. I haven't dropped it a single time- NOT ONCE- but it's somehow managed to split in several places, and the top two corners have completely snapped off leaving horrible sharp jagged parts that now catch in my pocket and keep tearing holes. Seriously. It's terrible. I don't know what cheap ass material they've used or what, but if it breaks in your pocket don't be at all surprised. DON'T BUY.

Simon
Simon
Dvd

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic film by newcomer Director Warren Badenski!, 11 Oct. 2016
This review is from: Simon (Amazon Video)
Simon is a slow boiling thriller with suspense galore.
Don't expect a Hollywood box office smash though- this is clearly an indie first. But if you can set aside your snobbishness, there is a very enjoyable movie here. Tension, suspense, murder... well done to the whole team for getting their voices out there!
I look forward to seeing more from the Director and co.

Retribution Falls: Tales of the Ketty Jay (Tales of the Ketty Jay 1)
Retribution Falls: Tales of the Ketty Jay (Tales of the Ketty Jay 1)
by Chris Wooding BA

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 17 Feb. 2013
I was first introduced to Chris Wooding's books back in school when I read the first few Broken Sky books and really enjoyed his writing style. I often find it difficult to find new authors that I like so when I discovered the Ketty Jay books I couldn't put them down! The characters are all great, even if some plot lines are a little predictable, the world Wooding has created is detailed and easy to read/visualize. I often find myself missing the crew of the Ketty Jay and can't wait for the next book!

PiMm
PiMm

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read., 17 Feb. 2013
This review is from: PiMm (Kindle Edition)
If you want a book that is fast paced and will take your breath away, interspersed with humour, this is the book for you. Mr. Rodie tells a good story with believable characters, easy to visualize and a flowing narrative that makes you want to turn the page. Hard to put down once you pick it up, I am looking forward to the next one.

Scott Pilgrim Volume 5: Scott Pilgrim vs The Universe
Scott Pilgrim Volume 5: Scott Pilgrim vs The Universe
by Bryan Lee O'Malley

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 17 Feb. 2013
Absolutely love the series, and this installment is nothing less than brilliant. The artwork, characters and comedy are all fantastic.

Dredd [DVD]
Dredd [DVD]
Dvd ~ Karl Urban
Offered by DVDBayFBA

5.0 out of 5 stars Killer., 17 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Dredd [DVD] (DVD)
Firstly, I haven't read any of the comics, apart from the Batman cross over one. So I can't really say how similar Dredd is to it's original material. I have seen the original Stallone movie (and enjoyed it) BUT this version is simply better in every way. Most notable for me is the music- it's absolutely perfect at capturing the industrial gritty setting. Usually I would be against so much slow motion in a film, but the fact that it actually ties into the plot line and fits the story makes it so much more fitting. Karl Urban is great, as is Thirlby. The plot is simple, contains little depth and barely any twists and turns but does exactly what it needs to. Well paced action throughout. Can't wait for another.