Profile for spikeymike > Reviews

Content by spikeymike

spikeymike "onlinecustomer99" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Betron B850 Earphones Headphones, High Definition, in-ear, Tangle Free, Noise Isolating , HEAVY DEEP BASS for iPhone, iPod, iPad (With Volume Control and Mic)
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing and frankly a waste of money ordering the ones with the controls One ..., 29 May 2017
I am reviewing the 2nd pair of these earphones. The first pair I received were faulty - the controls - the volume control didn't work, neither did the pause button - so basically the controls were usless. I returned then for a refund (although my postal costs were not refunded). Then ordered a replacement pair (more postal costs).
Received a 2nd pair. This time the pause button worked but the volume still non functional.
I must add that I have tested these on 4 different devices, although I make wanted then for my Samsung Tablet, and my Samsung Galaxy iPhone.
One good point is that the sound quality is very good . . . But the controls are pointless.

JVL Natural Round Seagrass Waste Paper Basket Bin - 28 x 25 cm
JVL Natural Round Seagrass Waste Paper Basket Bin - 28 x 25 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 Sept. 2016
Good value at a good price

KitSound Swing Mini Portable 1920s Style Retro FM Radio with Alarm Clock - Black
Offered by MagikOak

2.0 out of 5 stars looks ok but that's about it., 28 Sept. 2016
If you only ever listen to one radio station then it would be ok. But tuning in favorites and then retrieving then is almost impossibly fiddly and difficult. I have bought dozens of items from Amazon and I would honest rate this radio as one of my worst buys.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 4, 2016 12:36 PM GMT

Kitchen Sink Strainer
Kitchen Sink Strainer
Offered by Zeffa Online Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, low price, 28 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Kitchen Sink Strainer (Misc.)
Good quality, low price, quick delivery.

Langlais: Messe Solennelle (Eton College Chapel Choir/Ralph Allwood)
Langlais: Messe Solennelle (Eton College Chapel Choir/Ralph Allwood)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 Dec. 2014
Good price. Fast delivery no

Wireless Cordless Ding Dong Door Bell Real Wood Walnut
Wireless Cordless Ding Dong Door Bell Real Wood Walnut
Offered by Cheerful Bargains Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice item - worth the money, 31 May 2014
Straight out of the box it was as dead as a dodo - so had to do some resetting of the internal switches (although I would have thought they could be properly set when it leaves the factory rather than the customer having to mess about doing it). So after some tinkering with it, finally it works! Good loud "ding-dong", and sounds so much better than those awful digitalised bells playing 'God save the Queen' or 'White Christmas'. Looks nice too in a traditional setting.

Samsung DVD-E360 DVD Player with USB Host 2.0
Samsung DVD-E360 DVD Player with USB Host 2.0

4.0 out of 5 stars Satisfactory, 23 Jan. 2014
Nice compact size (had to get rid of my last DVD player, which was still in perfect working order, because it was too large to fit into a new TV unit.
Does everything you would expect - including a very useful USB slot - and it plays AVI movie files very well - as well as mp3, jpegs etc.
The mechanism is somewhat loud when playing DVDs -don't know why it cant be silent (my previous Toshiba was silent) but its not particularly intrusive - and certainly I think that some other reviewers have exaggerated this . . . one saying it was like a tractor (!) well, it would be a remarkably quiet tractor!
Main minus point for me is the too small remote. Because its so small it doesn't really have enough keys (and each key button is tiny) - and many functions, such as zoom and subtitles, go under the heading of 'tools' - which means 2 or 3 key-presses to get at what you want. Very useful if you have tiny hands (like a 3 years old?) but for the average adult - too small for ease of use. Can't think why they made it so small . . . and no batteries for the remote? Bit penny-pinching! You will need 2 AAA batteries.
But basically, for just under 30 quid its OK.
Easy to convert to multi-region (instructions in another review of this product by someone else).

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8-inch (Black, Wi-Fi)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8-inch (Black, Wi-Fi)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good 'upgrade' on the 7", 8 Jan. 2014
I bought one of these just after Christmas as an upgrade on the Samsung Tablet 7" (when the price was briefly so low that it was an offer I simply couldn't refuse!)
The 8" is far superior. The old adage "size matters" really is true - the extra inch makes a big difference - the screen is also sharper and a better quality picture. Sound is better too. Processor is more powerful - so it runs faster. Has a larger internal storage (16GB as opposed to 8GB for the 7") and will take an SD card up to 64GB for extra storage (the 7" will take up to 32GB). Camera is higher spec. Battery life seems about the same.
Amazingly the overall size of the 8" Tablet is very little different - the width is identical to the 7" (so it still slips easily into my pocket), the height just 22mm longer (less than an inch. The weight is less by 14 gms (half an ounce).
So, I am glad I made the change. I don't often give 5 stars - but for this I will make an exception.

TomTom Start 25 5 inch Sat Nav with Western European Maps and Lifetime Map Updates

4.0 out of 5 stars Life-time maps make this a good deal, 22 Dec. 2013
After a year with my old TomTom 20 I was increasingly finding that the maps were becoming outdated.
I had a choice - for £75 I could download a set of new maps - or for £99 I could buy a new TomTom 25 (larger screen) with lifetime maps. So I now have a brand-new TomTom 25: it was relatively easy to connect it to my computer and download the latest maps (Western Europe including UK) and now for as long as this device lasts I can keep it up to date with no additional cost.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7inch Tablet - White (8GB, WiFi, Android 4.0)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7inch Tablet - White (8GB, WiFi, Android 4.0)

3.0 out of 5 stars Marred by poor battery perfomance, 26 Sept. 2013
An excellent tablet in every respect but one - the battery. If you are intending to use this as a replacement for a kindle, then be aware that reading a book will give you a couple of hours use. Watching a video - about the same. Even setting the screen to the dimmest possible level does not significantly improve things.
So if (like me) you were hoping to use it throughout a long-haul flight (as I do my kindle) you can forget it.
What a pity that while technology leaps ahead, batteries lag so very far behind.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 11, 2014 4:50 PM GMT