Profile for Kate B > Reviews

Couture Sewing Techniques
Couture Sewing Techniques
by Claire B. Shaeffer

3.0 out of 5 stars Very good book, 8 Feb. 2010
This is a great book and the author provides some excellent tips, however, I do wish that there were many more step by step illustrated instructions.

Sew Any Fabric: A Quick Reference Guide to Fabrics from A to Z
Sew Any Fabric: A Quick Reference Guide to Fabrics from A to Z
by Claire B. Shaeffer

4.0 out of 5 stars Great resource, 4 Feb. 2010
Being new to sewing and learning how best to use the various fabrics available, I found this book of great value.

Barbara Bush: A Memoir
Barbara Bush: A Memoir
by Barbara Bush

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 30 Dec. 2009
This review is from: Barbara Bush: A Memoir (Paperback)
I happen to be reading books by former first ladies and this is the second one I have read. I actually enjoyed this book. Clearly this author has lived an interesting life due to the posts that her husband held. She herself is only a high school graduate - but she was educated by her rich life experiences. She put together a thoughtful and interesting book about her life. When reading books by first ladies, one has to keep in mind that their role, in the scheme of things, isn't very substantial, which is a pity.

Female Chauvinist Pigs: Women and the Rise of Raunch Culture: Woman and the Rise of Raunch Culture
by Ariel Levy

2.0 out of 5 stars Not much substance, 18 Dec. 2009
I am not sure this author did a whole lot of research when undertaking the task of writing this book. Issues were raised which needed to be explored but she did not go into any depth. I really did not learn much from this book.

Living History
Living History
by Hillary Rodham Clinton

2.0 out of 5 stars I expected better, 18 Dec. 2009
This review is from: Living History (Hardcover)
Gosh, I really was expecting a great book about her vast experiences in politics but she seemed to be on the defensive most of the time and comes across as being a "victim". I hope she writes another book and drops the "Republicans are out to get us" mentality as I am sure she has many interesting stories to tell.

A Classic Christmas
A Classic Christmas
Offered by meridianstar

5.0 out of 5 stars First class, 18 Dec. 2009
This review is from: A Classic Christmas (Audio CD)
The songs on this CD are beautiful. I am very pleased with this purchase.

American Wife
American Wife
by Curtis Sittenfeld

1.0 out of 5 stars Silly book, 18 Dec. 2009
This review is from: American Wife (Paperback)
When I picked up this book to read, I had no idea it was supposed to be based on Laura Bush's life since I know nothing about her. The book was grossly disrespectful to Mrs Bush and this is coming from someone who would like to see her husband sent to The Hague for war crimes - meaning I am no fan of the Bush family. Don't bother with this silly book.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 20, 2010 3:50 PM GMT