Profile for Ben Park > Reviews

Content by Ben Park

Ben Park (London, England)

The Phoenix Project: A Novel About IT, DevOps, and Helping Your Business Win
The Phoenix Project: A Novel About IT, DevOps, and Helping Your Business Win
by Gene Kim

5.0 out of 5 stars ... well written book on what could otherwise be a pretty dry subject, 18 July 2015
A very well written book on what could otherwise be a pretty dry subject.

Bloodborne Collectors Edition (PS4)
Bloodborne Collectors Edition (PS4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 July 2015
Total genius.

Bosch PSB 1800 LI-2 Cordless Combi Drill with Two 18 V Lithium-Ion Battery
Bosch PSB 1800 LI-2 Cordless Combi Drill with Two 18 V Lithium-Ion Battery

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this thing, 18 July 2015
I love this thing. How did I ever live without it? Works really well and the battery packs carry a decent charge. Has the power to do most jobs well. Feels very durable. Great stuff Bosch.

Draper 5776 Interchangeable Insulated Screwdrivers (18 Pieces)
Draper 5776 Interchangeable Insulated Screwdrivers (18 Pieces)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic little set, 18 July 2015
Fantastic little set. Durable and flexible without taking up too much space. These feel like good quality and are nice to use in the hand. A good product worthy of recommendation.

Betron YSM1000 Earphones Headphones, High Definition, in-ear, Noise Isolating , Heavy Deep Bass for iPhone, iPod, iPad, MP3 Players, Samsung Galaxy, Nokia, HTC, Nexus, BlackBerry etc (Without Microphone)
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars What's not to like?, 18 July 2015
Considering the price, these are a steal. Look, feel and sound way above their price bracket. What's not to like?

Panasonic TX-P42X60B 42-inch Freeview HD Ready Plasma TV (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing value, 1 Aug. 2013
I have to admit to being somewhat worried that I would be underwhelmed with the picture quality on this 42" set given that it was not full HD, but only 720P. I watch a lot of HD content, from BlueRay to streaming, and from fairly close quarters. I was, however, looking for a cheap set as a temporary stop gap until I can afford a new Panasonic plasma later this year (after my last TV died).

All I can say is that I should not have worried. I read lots of reviews up front, all praising this set, and I can wholeheartedly agree. Smart functions were not important to me as I have all I need through my XBOX and Media Streamer, so I was after decent picture quality and good black levels. This TV did not disappoint. In fact, I am very, very impressed. It really does have a fabulous picture, to the point where i'm now wondering if upgrading to 1080P is even worth the money! (might wait for 4K instead... :-)

In short, you simply WILL NOT find a better picture for this price. It's an absolute steal. Buy one before they are all gone!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 2, 2013 11:44 PM BST

The Electric Cinema
The Electric Cinema
Offered by themusicmerchant

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshingly Different!, 9 Mar. 2007
This review is from: The Electric Cinema (Audio CD)
Like the previous reviewer, I too have caught this band once or twice out on the gig circuit. I have to say I've never been anything but impressed with them. Their music is an eclectic mix of eletric synth and hard hitting beats, with great vocals from the lead singer. I'm no music critic so you'll have to excuse my rather vague description. I can only suggest that you check them out for yourself as their sound is not like anything else I can think of that's out there right now. If you've not heard of the Electric Cinema before, take a punt, you'll thank yourself for it.

Devil May Cry (PS2)
Devil May Cry (PS2)

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the PS2's Best, 9 Jan. 2002
This review is from: Devil May Cry (PS2) (Video Game)
I have to say that I agree with most of what has been said before me in these reviews. Yes, the plot is fairly corny, as is the dialogue. And yes, some of the camera angles are infuriating (I often find myself running backwards on myself becasue the camera has rotated 180 degrees in the blink of an eye whilst the controls have stayed the same!). It could also be argued that this is standard hack and slash fair, with fairly repetitive monster bashing followed by boss smashing, followed by monster bashing etc.
However, all this aside, I rate this as one of the PS2's best games, and well up there on my list of favourite action titles. Being a PC gamer as well, I am well versed in games that require large amounts of thought and exploration, but I have found this to be a breath of fresh air. The graphics are incredible, and some of the bosses (along with their relevant cut scenes) really have to be seen to be believed. The sound is equally as impressive with all the right gun blasting and sword clashing noises coupled with a highly atmospheric soundtrack unlike i've ever heard in a game before. In fact, for some reason the sound track reminds me of Vangellis' Blade Runner.
I wont bore you by attempting to defend the game's depth by reeling off how there are multiple power-ups, combos etc. I'll just finnish by saying that if you want a quick five minute blast that will probably make you late for work, then go and get this, you wont find any better.