Profile for Mrs. Valerie Shepley > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Valerie S...

Mrs. Valerie Shepley (Bridlington, East Yorkshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Wow Hits 2017 Deluxe Edition 2CD
Wow Hits 2017 Deluxe Edition 2CD
Offered by Re-vived

5.0 out of 5 stars Groovy, 22 Jun. 2017
This is brilliant. I have listened to it over and over. The songs are so current and 'speak' to me on a lot of levels.

Remington CB4N Flexibrush Steam Styler
Remington CB4N Flexibrush Steam Styler

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 26 Mar. 2017
It's good, everything I wanted in a hot brush.

Little Gems: 15 Paper-Pieced Miniature Quilts
Little Gems: 15 Paper-Pieced Miniature Quilts
by Connie Kauffman

3.0 out of 5 stars Have only read through it at the moment but it ..., 16 Mar. 2017
Have only read through it at the moment but it looks ok. Looking forward to doing a couple of the little quilts.

LICHFIELD St.Steel Coil Whip Black
LICHFIELD St.Steel Coil Whip Black
Offered by BFC

5.0 out of 5 stars I did love this Whip, 28 Mar. 2016
Love this Whip. I've had one before (for about 20 years) and find them much, much better than an ordinary bulb whisk. It makes the best Yorkshire Puddings! It seems very sturdy too.
After I'd had this Whip for a few weeks the handle broke off.

Love to Sew: Mug Rugs
Love to Sew: Mug Rugs
by Christa Rolf

5.0 out of 5 stars The pictures are beautiful and the patterns all they should be, 23 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Love to Sew: Mug Rugs (Paperback)
I have read (and drooled over) these Mug Rugs - wanted the book for ages and got it for a Mother's Day present. It's everything I thought it would be, inspirational and descriptive. The pictures are beautiful and the patterns all they should be. Well done Christa Rolf - this is a good book.

Applique Art: Freehand Machine-Embroidered Pictures (The Textile Artist)
Applique Art: Freehand Machine-Embroidered Pictures (The Textile Artist)
by Abigail Mill
Edition: Flexibound

5.0 out of 5 stars it looks good and the format is great but the best thing ..., 23 Mar. 2015
This book is a lot more than I thought it would be; it looks good and the format is great but the best thing is the content. good pictures, good descriptions, good patterns. Can hardly wait to get started. Thank you Abigail - what a winner.

Amy Butler's Style Stitches: 12 Easy Ways to 26 Wonderful Bags
Amy Butler's Style Stitches: 12 Easy Ways to 26 Wonderful Bags
by Amy Butler
Edition: Hardcover-spiral

5.0 out of 5 stars it has weight and great style. The bags inside are inspiring and, 25 Jan. 2015
From receiving this book I knew it was filled with goodies to make. Just holding the book you know that, it has weight and great style. The bags inside are inspiring and, although I haven't had time to make any of them, I have read the patterns and they look do-able. My only little tiny quibble is that some of the bags are immense in size for me but I showed it to my daughter and she said she would like them that size so Amy has catered for all tastes. Can't wait to get cracking.
Well done Amy Butler. I thoroughly recommend your book

Half Yard Heaven: Easy Sewing Projects Using Left-Over Pieces of Fabric
Half Yard Heaven: Easy Sewing Projects Using Left-Over Pieces of Fabric
by Debbie Shore

5.0 out of 5 stars Half Yard Heaven, 9 Oct. 2013
This book is smashing. It is full of really useful things to make, presented in such a clear way that they are easy to make. So glad I bought it.

Girl's World: Twenty Pretty Sewing Projects to Make for Little Girls
Girl's World: Twenty Pretty Sewing Projects to Make for Little Girls
by Jennifer Paganelli

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 19 Jun. 2013
I have just bought this book to make dresses for my granddaughters (aged 8 and 3), as the patterns cover ages 2 - 14, so it will last for years. The book is unusual in that it has the patterns in a little folder at the front of the book. I haven't tried these out yet but they are on very sturdy paper and will probably last for a long while as I intend to trace the patterns off so I can personalise them for each child.
The book looks fabulous, great photography and set dressing; the author has used lovely materials and colours.
The instructions for doing the projects look to be very comprehensive and clear. I can't wait to have a go.

WD My Passport 1TB Portable Hard Drive - Red
WD My Passport 1TB Portable Hard Drive - Red

1.0 out of 5 stars My passport, 4 Mar. 2013
My son and I bought one of these external hard drives each to take data on holiday with us last year.

They worked very well for a few months and then my son's, who uses it for work, broke down and had to be replaced.

Now mine has broken and I am not happy. I had backed all my photos, music, and info onto it, thinking I wouldn't need any further backup, after all its only about 14 months old and not used a lot. Now its all gone. The box makes a horrid clicking sound but it might as well be a brick.

Page: 1 | 2