Profile for Jim > Reviews

Annie Hall [Blu-ray] [1977]
Dvd ~ Diane Keaton
Offered by Discs4all

1.0 out of 5 stars AUDIO SYNC ISSUES WITH THE BLU-RAY!!, 3 Nov. 2013
I am very disappointed with the Blu Ray of Annie Hall. It has a major audio sync issue. The sound is about half a second out in places, especially during the monologue at the beginning. I have been sent a replacement, which also has the issue. I have tested both discs on three players:

Sony Playstation 3 (Slim top loader)
Sony BDP-S185
Samsung BD-E5300

They are the same on the two Sony players and slightly worse on the Samsung! Some scenes are almost in sync, and others are noticeably out. Fast forwarding or re-winding makes the problem worse. The film is unwatchable.

This issue has been widely reported on the internet, but a re-call has not been announced yet. Some people with high end Blu Ray players have reported that the sync issue does not affect them.

Buyer beware!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 27, 2014 12:17 PM GMT

Fish4Dogs SOS Salmon Oil 500 ml
Fish4Dogs SOS Salmon Oil 500 ml
Offered by Pet-Bliss - Delivering WORLDWIDE

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor bottle design, 4 Oct. 2013
The oil itself seems to be of a very good quality, and my dog likes it. It does also seem to have a good effect on his coat. I am marking this down as despite the many negative comments around the internet about the bottle design, it is still the same as it was when I first bought it around 18 months ago. No matter how carefully you pour the oil, it still drips down the side of the bottle. I have to keep the bottle sat on kitchen towel to stop the oil from going all over my cupboards. The bottle gets very oily very quickly, and spoils an otherwise great product. This is not a cheap product either, and I would expect better for over £10 per bottle.

Bring Me Home - Live 2011 [DVD] [2012]
Bring Me Home - Live 2011 [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Sade

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!!!!!!!!, 12 Jun. 2013
One of the most beautiful gigs I have ever seen. Astonishing performances all round. The best lighting I have ever seen in any production.

The sound and picture quality of the Blu Ray are sublime.

If you are a Sade fan, or a fan of quality music, buy this now! You will be blown away.

Thank you so much to Sade and the entire crew involved for producing such a breathtaking show.

Shine Shine Shine
Shine Shine Shine

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album!, 31 July 2012
This review is from: Shine Shine Shine (Audio CD)
What a fantastic album! What a lovely surprise!

I bought this album as I am a fan of Jon Herington's guitar playing. I am a fan of steely Dan, and found out about him through his work with them. I was not expecting the songwriting and singing to be some of the best I have ever heard!

This is a truly great album in every sense - beautiful melodies everywhere, from the lead vocals, to the guitar lines, to the harmonies. There is humour and emotion in the writing and playing. This is now one of my favourite albums, and I am a huge music fan with a large and varied music collection.

Thank you to Jon Herington for making this record! :)

If you are thinking of buying this album - do yourself a favour, and buy it now!!