Profile for lemlair > Reviews

Horseshoe Magnet
Horseshoe Magnet
Offered by Bargain Warehouse

1.0 out of 5 stars weak magnetically and not robust, 11 April 2015
This review is from: Horseshoe Magnet (Toy)
broke on first day after being dropped from toddler height onto wooden floor so not at all robust and also very weak magnetically.

Birkenstock Gizeh Womens Synthetic Leather Sandals Toffee - 40 EU
Birkenstock Gizeh Womens Synthetic Leather Sandals Toffee - 40 EU
Offered by Scorpion Shoes Ltd
Price: Click here to see our price

3.0 out of 5 stars Probably a good buy., 11 April 2015
I am still not sure about Birkenstocks - not an absolute convert yet. Sizes are confusing and do seem to vary from style to style which is not good if you can only get them mail order and have to pay postage maybe two ways if they need to go back. They are not instantly comfortable but do provide good support for flat feet, pronation etc You do have to get used to them gradually. Not the prettiest of footwear and not cheap but if you buy the right size and style and break them in properly, tjhey should last a long time.

Birkenstock Madrid, Unisex-Adults' Sandals, Black, 6.5 UK (40 EU)
Birkenstock Madrid, Unisex-Adults' Sandals, Black, 6.5 UK (40 EU)

2.0 out of 5 stars very clumsy looking, 11 April 2015
although the same size as other styles ordered, these were definitely larger and clumsy looking on my feet. Maybe because they were a unisex style?
Birkenstock sizing is very confusing!

Fitflop Lulu, Women Flat sandals, Brown (Toffee/Tan), 6.5 UK (40 EU)
Fitflop Lulu, Women Flat sandals, Brown (Toffee/Tan), 6.5 UK (40 EU)

3.0 out of 5 stars thong uncomfortable and sizing felt smaller than walkstars, 11 April 2015
right size but the toe- thong could do with being longer - my foot and big toe swell sometimes and I didn't think there was any margin for comfort.
I bought these in a 40 but they felt tighter than my older walkstars which are a 39.

Magnet Expert Educational Alnico Bar Magnets - North & South Identified (11 x 6 x 75mm) (Pack of 2)

3.0 out of 5 stars Great novelty plaything which stimulates inquisitive young minds., 11 April 2015
Paint wears off very quickly so not great quality but toddler grandson had great fun playing with them and seeing which objects throughout the house they would stick to. I have bought a more advanced set for when he's a bit older. Quite strong magnetically.

Birkenstock Sofia, Women's Sandals, Brown, 6.5 UK (40 EU)
Birkenstock Sofia, Women's Sandals, Brown, 6.5 UK (40 EU)

3.0 out of 5 stars not flattering but practical, 11 April 2015
Although this is meant to be one of the slimmer styles according to the 'sole symbol' on the box, it actually seems larger than the other toe-post styles I have, which were meant to be the standard fitting. It looks bigger and clumsier. I think if I had been able to try on in a shop I would have taken a 39. When you have to buy online the sizing is difficult - some sellers only offer UK sizes, others European and if you check the sizing guide, half sizes (UK) aren't mentioned. It gives good support and my feet sometimes swell in the summer when I'm on my feet all day so I'll keep them to wear in the house but probably wouldn't wear them on holiday.

Papillio Gizeh, Womens Clogs and Mules, Black (Star Black), 6.5 UK
Papillio Gizeh, Womens Clogs and Mules, Black (Star Black), 6.5 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't wear too long at first - be patient!, 18 Mar. 2015
I found it difficult to know what size to order in Birkenstocks - they say 6 is 29 and 7 is 40 for most of their styles - don't know what a 6.5 is then?
One pair were unisex and definitely too big - this style (40EU) seems to be right for me. They do take some getting used to and wearing in but give good support. Toe thong hs not rubbed but I would like to try a style without one.

Orthotic leather insoles for flat feet Kaps Relax, 40 EUR / 6 UK / Men
Orthotic leather insoles for flat feet Kaps Relax, 40 EUR / 6 UK / Men
Offered by Shoe & Textile Care

4.0 out of 5 stars ... different for my husband and I and both are comfortable and supportive, 18 Mar. 2015
as previous review - I bought 2 pairs slightly different for my husband and I and both are comfortable and supportive. Will buy again.

Orthotic shock absorbing shoe insoles with longitudinal and transverse arch support, Kaps Relax Shock Absorber, 40 EUR / 6 UK / Men

4.0 out of 5 stars good support, 18 Mar. 2015
I bought a pair for my husband and one for myself. Felt a little strange at first but then got used to them and they do give support.

Orthotic leather insoles with longitudinal and transverse arch support, Kaps Bolero, 40 EUR / 6 UK / Men

2.0 out of 5 stars uncomfortable, 18 Mar. 2015
I found this too uncomfortable to wear - very hard and felt it might move in my shoes as not full-length. I preferred the full-length softer leather insoles also bought from Kaps at the same time. Will order more of them. Will keep these in case problems with feet worsen and I need firmer support in the future.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5