Profile for Sherry > Reviews

Content by Sherry

Sherry

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Tasty Trinkets: Polymer Clay Food Jewellery (Twenty to Make)
Tasty Trinkets: Polymer Clay Food Jewellery (Twenty to Make)
by Charlotte Stowell

4.0 out of 5 stars Not for beginners, 22 Sept. 2011
I just received it this morning by mail.

I confess it wasn't quite what I had in mind: knowing there were only 48 pages, I knew it would unlikely enter that much in details, but this goes far bellow what I expected.
So if you like me are a complete beginner in need of a certain amount of support and step y step illustrated instructions, this book is not for you.
The introduction included in the book says it very well so I rewrite here: "Remember that the measurements given here are only a guide, and the projects themselves only suggestions."

The layout is always the same: 2 pages per project, one page being almost occupied between 60-90% by a picture of the final product, and the other page got listings of tools/materials and then instructions with few additional little pics.

Now, as you can see, I still gave it 4 stars, why? Well, for someone more accustomed with polymer clay, this book would be very inspirational and helpful, since if you already know the basics, just having written instructions and few pics is more than enough I believe. The projects are very cute and all looks very yummy too! :) Actually, it's more, it gives you the freedom to personalize them and customize them a bit as you want, since the projects really are only 'suggestions' and from that starting point you could make many more stuffs on your own, which actually seems to be the objective from what I can see, somehow.

A dedicated person, in spite of being a beginner, can make these projects with patience and time, but yeah, as for my personal needs, I'd like to be helped 'closely' step by step if only for my first items...so I guess I will be enjoying this book later on ^^

A Bride's Story: Vol 1
A Bride's Story: Vol 1
by Kaoru Mori

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 29 Aug. 2011
This review is from: A Bride's Story: Vol 1 (Hardcover)
I was very pleasantly surprised by this Deluxe Edition! I was expecting a lot less I confess, but was blown away when I got the actual thing in my hands!
It got a dark brown hard cover, covered with a perfectly well printed colorful dust cover.
The dimensions are bigger than your usual manga: 21*15cm
There are no color pages inside, but that is because the mangaka herself didn't provide any colored pics (beside the book's covers) in the original books/chapters in japanese.
Inside, the printing is very well done and the wonderful artwork is really given justice to, it's a shame they didn't use a whiter paper and also the blacks could have been deeper, but that is really me looking closely at it.
I appreciate the fact they left the original sfx in jap and simply added up the eng text close to it, instead of replacing them.
Good translation.
I won't enter in commenting the actual story, it's simply amazing and very unique, the details Kaoru Mori put in each page is breathtaking, you can really feel a whole world being brought to life under her penmanship and crafting.
I highly recommend!

And damn, now I wish there could be a deluxe edition of Emma too! ;__;

Grendha Women's Rose Purple Open Toe Flat 80466 7 UK
Grendha Women's Rose Purple Open Toe Flat 80466 7 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty!, 29 Aug. 2011
This is the second pair of sandals I own from this brand, and really, they are the ones I wear the most, all the time!
They are very comfortable, and I can spend the whole day with them on my feet without getting tired of them or hurt.
And they look very nice worn, so pretty!
For both this pair, and the other one I bought in store last year, I took one size bigger than my own. But I can't tell if this is a rule to follow in general or if it's just me ^^;
From my experience with the pair I own for a whole year now, and this one I've been wearing this summer, I totally recommend!

O Lingerie Snow Print T-Shirt 2 Pack Bra T-Shirt and Seamless Womens Bra Cerise/ White Dot/ White 36C

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice ^^, 29 Aug. 2011
Nice pack of bras, one is entirely white, the other is polka dotted, just like seen on the pictures provided above.
They are made of cotton, in case anyone wondered.
They are comfortable and well made; I don't know how it will go after washing, but as I see it now, the fabric and sewing are both good and it looks pretty nice worn. Totally the casual type.
They can be put the regular way or in mode racerback thanks to an ingenious and discreet metal piece that joins both straps.

Unfortunately, I took a size bigger, I thought 36C was the equivalent of 90C (because I bought a 34C recently and it was too small), but it was actually 95C...so yeah, it's a bit on the large side as you can imagine, but surprisingly still wearable, I won't exchange them because it would be far too much of a hassle to send them back from Spain, I would have done it if it was a more expensive piece of cloth though of course.
Considering the items, 8GBP is an excellent price! No, actually, it's pretty cheap!
I'm happy with my purchase :)

Camper Women's Lulu Back Zip Boot
Camper Women's Lulu Back Zip Boot

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice ^^, 26 Jan. 2011
I've received them around 2 weeks ago, but decided to withhold my review a bit until I've actually tried them out a bit.
Just like the Camper Women's Lulu Button Mj Shoe Leather I bought just before these ones, the Camper Lulu boots are comfortable thanks to their low solid rubber heel and looks very nice worn. That said, please note they are the 'narrow type' of boots, I think it's clear enough from the pictures above, but they fit your feet very closely, there isn't much breathing space like there is in other kind of boots in which your feet comfortably *almost* float around = it doesn't allow you to wear very tick socks for example. That said, ironically, my feet are not the narrow type, they aren't fat/too wide either though, and they are perfect for me ^^
I usually wear between 6-6,1/2UK size depending on the kind of shoes and the brand. This time around I got myself size 6UK (39) and it fits. Still, this is just my own experience, other people might find that Camper sizing is too large or too narrow, who knows?

Camper Women's Lulu Button Mj Shoe Leather
Camper Women's Lulu Button Mj Shoe Leather

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, 9 Dec. 2010
Very pretty shoes, I think that the pictures don't give them justice.
I actually saw them in 'real life' in the official Camper store in my city and tried them out before buying them online, since it was a lot cheaper that way...
I guess we can say I really didn't take much risk here ^^;
They are comfortable to walk with, thanks to the low solid rubber heel.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4