Profile for Mr. J. Stuart > Reviews

Mr. J. Stuart (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Ghiant Inkjet Fixative Spray 400ml Gloss
Ghiant Inkjet Fixative Spray 400ml Gloss

5.0 out of 5 stars ) and this spray has worked great for waterproofing the sticky backed pages printed on with ..., 29 July 2015
I use this to make my own stickers for R/C model cars (number plates etc.) and this spray has worked great for waterproofing the sticky backed pages printed on with an ink jet printer. After 2 years no flaking etc.

Jagwire V-Brake Type Brake Blocks With Anti Squeal Compound
Jagwire V-Brake Type Brake Blocks With Anti Squeal Compound
Offered by Baldwins Cycles

5.0 out of 5 stars Good balance of wear Vs breaking ability (not too hard ..., 29 July 2015
Used on our kids bikes for a couple of years now and they work well, including in the wet. Good balance of wear Vs breaking ability (not too hard or soft).

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and compact, 29 July 2015
Nice and compact, although trying to put all the bits back in the tube is fiddly, but okay... Don't get this for regular use of the items in the tube. I got this so I had a fire striker and a storage 'pod' for a few bits when out walking etc.

I was pleasantly surprised that the mini compass actually works (as long as it is kept reasonably level) and thus far has no air bubbles in it.

Firesteel is nice and long/thick, so will have more strikes than I'll ever need (I'm not Ray Mears!). Paracord, scalpel blade & water purifying tablets are all realistically useful. Not sure about the trapping or fishing bits - I'll go for a MRE thanks :-)

Overall very pleased with the compact design and quality of the parts.

BB FIRING T90 BATTLE TANK RC TANK
BB FIRING T90 BATTLE TANK RC TANK

1.0 out of 5 stars V. poor quality product & service., 29 April 2014
A great concept, but let down by poor quality: The BB firing is awesome, but...

1) The tracks are made from one piece of rubber (not separate links), which tear apart - fixed with a stapler!

2) The 1200mAh rated NiCad battery was good for about 600mAh and lasted around 15 minutes - I guess it has been stored in a warehouse for along time. So I changed the battery pack for a 2300mAh one with 'Deans' connectors instead of the rubbish Tamiya ones it comes with, then it ran for 45+ minutes :-)

3) Then after using for a few weeks (only indoors on smooth floors) there was a little puff of smoke and that burnt electrical smell and the tank would not operate at all. When turning it on you saw the lights flash momentarily, then nothing. On investigation inside a resistor on the main circuit board has burnt out, probably due to some other component failure.

So I sent the broken tank back to "Gadget Discount" and they refused to help because I had changed the battery connector! I strongly recommend you avoid the "Gadget Discount" seller due to their poor after sales service. Sadly the tank product is not much better.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 24, 2016 7:34 AM BST

SP Gadgets POV Case 3.0 for GoPro (Small, Yellow)
SP Gadgets POV Case 3.0 for GoPro (Small, Yellow)
Offered by Fameboardshop

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but watch out for your power button., 17 Jun. 2013
Overall I think this GoPro case is good - My Hero3 fits well and there is ample space for accessories and it keeps the camera protected when in ruck sacks etc.

However, watch out when putting accessories in the netting 'pouch' in the lid, as they can press down on the GoPro and turn it on when you zip the case closed... As I found out when I opened the case when somewhere last weekend and the GoPro was on and has no battery left :-( I recommend cutting a 1 cm length of e.g. 22mm plumbing pipe to put over the GoPro's power button to prevent it being pressed accidentally (or remove the battery before you put it in this case).

Samsung 64GB Class 10 UHS-1 Grade 1 70MB/s MicroSDXC Pro Memory Card without Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars My GoPro 3 is now go! + warning about SDXC and older card readers., 13 Jun. 2013
I recently got a GoPro Hero 3 with a Kingston 32GB "class 10" micro SD card. When recording on e.g. 1080p @ 60fps the GoPro would stop recording after about 50 seconds, but I could record indefinitely at lower resolutions... after much research it turns out that with the higher frame rates/fps you need better than just a "class 10" micro SD card.

The Samsung 64GB Class 10 UHS-1 card arrived today: Put in the GoPro, formatted it (in the GoPro) and immediately I was able to record for many minutes with 1080p @ 60fps. I definitely recommend this card if you are having problems with your GoPro, or just need very fast micro SD storage.

WARNING: If this is the first SDXC card you have had then beware, as it may not work in your SDHC memory card reader. I found that I could review recordings on the GoPro (using the LCD backpack), but if I plugged the SDXC microSD card into any of my 3 card readers (Windows 7), the card would appear as drive F:, but when I clicked on it Windows said that it was not formatted! Turns out that I need a card reader that supports SDXC, so that's more £ hey ho!

Also FYI: "An essential difference between SDHC (such as 32GB cards) and SDXC (typical for 64GB and up) is the file system format: SDHC uses a variant of FAT32, and SDXC uses exFAT.".

Whirlpool Jet Chef Microwave Oven with Grill and Crisp Function, 31 Litre, 1000 Watt  - Satina Mist
Whirlpool Jet Chef Microwave Oven with Grill and Crisp Function, 31 Litre, 1000 Watt - Satina Mist

2.0 out of 5 stars 1 Year on, £177 extra later and very dissappointed., 3 Jun. 2013
Our previous Whirlpool combi microwave lasted over 10 years. This one went wrong last week - just 20 days outside its 1 year warranty: The microwave magnetron unit has failed :-( Up until now we had been pleased with the performance of the unit.

After several telephone calls to Whirlpool UK over the past few days it is clear that they were unwilling to help with any kind of 'good will' considering that the unit is just 20 days outside warranty. I was told I could pay a £100 engineer call out + parts and when I enquired how much a magnetron would be I was told "about £70"... which is strangely close to the £177 they also quoted for the 'Care Plan' to have an engineer come and fix the unit and then provide another years warranty.

As I have been unable to find magnetrons on Google for this unit (to fix myself) I had to stump up the £177 for the [engineer fix + 1 year additional warranty] 'Care Plan'. Engineer arrived today without any parts (doh!), confirmed it was the magnetron that had failed (which is what I told the customer support person when booking the engineer last week); parts have to come from Italy and they don't have parts in stock there! Looks like our 1 year old microwave will be off-line for an extended period and Whirlpool 'Customer Services' (I use that term lightly) don't care a jot.

Very disappointed, I will be buying Bosch next time :-(
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 13, 2013 5:36 PM GMT

Neet® - 3 Port HDMI AUTO SWITCH 3x1 Mini Hub Box (3 way input 1 output) 1080p Full HD v1.3b HDMI Switcher
Offered by Neet Cables

5.0 out of 5 stars Working perfectly with Virgin V+ HD and XBox 360., 11 April 2013
Virgin V+ HD box into Port 1, XBox 360 into Port 2 (Port 3 not in use atm.), output channel connected to the single HDMI socket on our TV: HDMI 'channel' on our TV shows the Virgin V+ HD box normally, but if we turn the Xbox on it switches to that . . . when the Xbox is turned off, it returns to the Virgin V+ HD box - Simples!

Really impressed with this unit: Signal quality appears unaltered, the unit itself it well made and it is so tiny, making it easy to hide in the TV cabinet. A great product for the price :-)

FLASH SUPERSTORE SONY ERICSSON XPERIA MINI PRO ( NOT X10 MINI PRO ) SCREEN PROTECTOR 10-IN-1 PACK with MicroFibre cleaning cloth

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and effective., 4 Jan. 2012
Easy to apply (just make sure the screen is spotlessly clean before you do!), appears to be wearing well after several months use and with so many spare covers in the price.

Cramer China & Bath Rubber/Scuff Remover
Cramer China & Bath Rubber/Scuff Remover
Offered by Trade In Post Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple & effective., 4 Jan. 2012
I was a bit sceptical about this, having tried to remove the wife's nail varnish from the bath with normal bath cleaners and it won't budge, even with those 'non scratch' scouring pads (didn't want to risk nail varnish remover on a plastic bath)... But the bath 'rubber' works a treat and requires little pressure or rubbing.

Having cleaned about a dozen marks off of two (plastic) baths (leaving no scratches etc.) the rubber is barely worn, so I doubt I'll ever need to buy another one.

Definitely recommended as an addition to your household cleaning kit :-)

Page: 1 | 2