Profile for Leunamme > Reviews

Irish History For Dummies
Irish History For Dummies
by Mike Cronin

5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive and accessible, 5 Feb. 2011
A comprehensive look at Irish history made easy to read through summaries and bullet point-style recaps. Important concepts are well explained and esay to grasp. An excellent book for beginners.

The Fire Eaters
The Fire Eaters
by David Almond

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspired writing, 25 April 2010
This review is from: The Fire Eaters (Hardcover)
This is my first David Almond book. First of many, I think. As the world seems about to shatter around him, Bobby discovers love, friendship and the meaning of life. It's all beautifully written and the last scene on the beach, though poignant, is an absolute delight to read. The chapter when Bobby recalls his own childhood and measures how both futile and beautiful life is has moved me as few other books have managed to do in a long time. I desperately didn't want to finish it as I could have read it for days. Wonderful!

Frasier - Season 2 [DVD]
Frasier - Season 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kelsey Grammer

5.0 out of 5 stars The best of a great series, 21 May 2009
This review is from: Frasier - Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
Having watched the whole series a number of times, season 2 still makes me laugh out loud. Almost every episode is a gem. In fact, I don't think I've seen a better TV show since. Enjoy!