Profile for emin > Reviews

Content by emin

emin

New Trent: Easypak NT70T - (7000mAh) 5V 2A-1A Triple USB Ports External Battery Charger/ Portable Back Up Power Bank/Power Pack Battery for iPad 4/ 3 /2, iPad mini, iPhone 5 /4S / 4, iPod Touch; Samsung Galaxy Note 2, S4/S3/S2; Google Nexus 10/7/4, HTC ONE series; LG Optimus series; Motorola Razr, Droid series; Nokia Lumia 900 / 800, Sony Xperia series, GoPro, and most 5V chargeable devices (Upgraded Version of iCurve)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great charger, 14 Aug. 2012
I really like this external charger because it has two ports, one of which is capable of charging an ipad. I brought this along the last time I flew and it was great to be able to charge both my ipad and my phone at the same time. I didn't let either device drain down completely before charging but I'd estimate the IMP70D holds about two full charges for an ipad and maybe two or three for a phone.

That said, I'm giving this four stars instead of five because it annoyingly has no light which tells you that it's on (there is a light which comes on briefly when you power on the device) or a battery meter to tell you how much charge is left.

Blackberry Bold 9900 Sim Free Mobile Phone-Black
Blackberry Bold 9900 Sim Free Mobile Phone-Black
Offered by SoundHug

4.0 out of 5 stars As good as it gets, 26 July 2012
I've always had Blackberries but when I was getting a new phone, I thought I'd get an Android or an iPhone. I had the Android for two weeks before I couldn't stand it anymore and returned it for this Blackberry. People bash Blackberries all the time but almost none of those people have actually owned a Blackberry. No, Blackberries are not great for web browsing or apps, this is true. BUT they are great for email, which is 90% of what I do on my phone. I can't imagine a better keyboard than the BB. Features like holding down a letter to capitalize, shortcut keys to find a particular email, sound profiles so only one or two email boxes vibrate/ring while the others stay silent.... these are so fantastic and not to be found on any other device.

I'm giving this phone 4 stars instead of 5 because it's become a battery suck (unlike previous versions so I imagine it has something to do with the ridiculous touch screen) and it's physically bigger than previous models. I think the trend is towards bigger, more tablet-y phones so maybe RIM just wanted to join in on that but personally, I would have preferred something smaller.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 30, 2012 8:21 AM BST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic little fan, 26 July 2012
I'm not sure how this thing works - all I know is that when it's on, it doesn't send a big blast of air in one direction. Instead, it really does seem to circulate the air in the room and help cool it down. Another great plus is that it's almost noiseless (unlike my old oscillating fan).

Flexi Classic Long Leash, Medium, Red, 20kg 7m
Flexi Classic Long Leash, Medium, Red, 20kg 7m

5.0 out of 5 stars Great leash, 26 July 2012
A great leash to have, though it can be hectic if you have more than one dog. It's wonderful to be able to give your dog the freedom to run back and forth a bit on lead but keep in mind that if the dog is running, it will jerk his/her neck if he/she hits the end too abruptly. Also, you will be unable to grab the leash or you will get serious rope burn. Other than that, the only problem I've experienced with this leash is that the tension comes from a coiled up strip of metal. I found that after ten+ years, the coil has started to act a bit funny and I may ned to replace this. But one leash every decade isn't too bad!

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars It does the job, 22 July 2012
This is the second stylus pen I have tried. Where the first one had a rubber tip, this one has a mesh fiber tip as well as a metal spring inside (which you can hear when you press down). I found that you need to keep the pen closer to a 90 degree angle when pressing down. If you held the pen casually, at an angle, it definitely had a harder time. Neither stylus was anywhere near as good as your finger as far as screen sensitivity. That said, if you do a lot of precision clicking (e.g. clicking on a one character long URL) or use a handwriting app, this stylus will get the job done.

One thing I really liked about this particular model though is that it has a retractable tip and a pen clip - very handy if you use it a lot and want to keep it in your pocket for easy access.

New Trent iTorch IMP52D 5200mAh External Battery Charger for The NEW iPad the 3rd Gen ipad, iPad2, iPhone 5 4S 4 3Gs 3G, iPod Touch (1G to 5G), Android (Samsung Galaxy Note S S2 S3, HTC Sensation EVO Thunderbolt, LG Optimus V), Blackberry (Bold curve Torch), Droid(Motorola Razr), Plus Major Tablet PCs with 5V input (Samsung, Blackberry, HTC) with LED flash light and laser pointer (Improved version: 15% smaller and at 5200mAh capacity compared to IMP50B)

5.0 out of 5 stars It's been a lifesaver, 17 July 2012
I have the older US version of this charger, which is a little larger and holds slightly less charge. I absolutely love this thing. I can't tell you often it's gotten my phone through a long day, either when I'm traveling or just out for the day and unable to get to a wall outlet. This battery can charge my phone three times (your mileage may vary) and I've also used it on flights for my ipad. Definitely a must have item if you'd be lost without your phone!

The only warning I'd give is that the battery tends to get hot. I imagine that's typical of all such devices but since I've never heard another, I really can't say. It's not so hot that it seems dangerous, but I do try to make sure that it has some breathing room while charging so it doesn't overheat.