Profile for Cactus > Reviews

Content by Cactus

Cactus "There can be no single cause." (Cobham)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Professional Full Size Basketball Hoop with Backboard
Professional Full Size Basketball Hoop with Backboard
Offered by Beauty-4-Less

4.0 out of 5 stars Awful instructions and be careful when you remove the parts from the box!, 20 April 2017
The item arrived in a large box and my son and I set about opening it and putting it together. The support pole is split into three pieces and, annoyingly, one pole was placed inside another. Having no way to tell that one pole was inside another, I removed the pole from the box and the inside pole fell out onto my big toe and broke it. What a stupid way to package something! There was plenty of room in the box for the poles to be placed separately. Beware of this if you buy this item.

The instructions are dreadful. I'm very good a putting things together and following instructions but the images are not clear and you can't tell if you have got the correct part. My husband's an engineer so is also good at working out this sort of thing but he had problems too. Between the three of us we managed to put it together but not without making two or three errors and having to take it apart to rectify the problem. It took us over an hour but with clearer instructions it would have taken us about 30 minutes. The product itself seems ok. During very windy weather, I think we will need to lay it down and it would have been useful to have a mechanism that would allow you to do so. As it doesn't, we will have to unbolt it from the base. For £109, I think it's a little expensive but it will do the job although I don't think it will last for years!

3ft Retractable Lightning Cable 2 in 1 Lightning + Micro USB High Speed Sync and Charge Spring Flexible Cable for iPhone 5 5s 6 6s 7 7 Plus and Android Devices by YONTEX (Rose Gold)
Offered by JANTEEN UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Great design but it doesn't work., 21 Mar. 2017
i bought this because it's a great design to keep in my handbag and prevent cable tangles with all the other junk in there! Sadly though, it doesn't work at all. I plugged it into my iPhone 5 and got the message: "This cable or accessory is not certified and may not work reliably with thi...." (the rest of the message isn't displayed). Whether it's connected to the mains or a battery, it doesn't work on any of our iPhones or iPads and so is totally useless. I don't know why other users appear to be able to use it and are happy with it, but I'm not.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 22, 2017 2:02 AM GMT

EZOPower Apple Certified MFI 2 in 1 Lightning Connector + Micro USB Charge & Sync Retractable Cable for iPhone 6 / 6 Plus / 5S / 5C / 5, iPad Air 2 (iPad 6) / iPad Air (5) / iPad Mini 3 / 2 / 1 and Any Micro USB Powered Device - Purple

1.0 out of 5 stars I wouldn't buy it again and I wouldn't recommend it., 11 Mar. 2017
It worked two or three times and then stopped. I wouldn't buy it again and I wouldn't recommend it.

Caldura 40 litre Compact Mini Fridge (White)
Caldura 40 litre Compact Mini Fridge (White)
Offered by Savers UK Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fridge but instructions could be better., 14 Sept. 2016
I bought this fridge as a drinks fridge for my teenager's room. I received it yesterday and it's working well. However, I was confused because the photo shows a can of Sprite in the door and I couldn't get cans to fit. On closer inspection, I discovered that you can place the 'racks' in a different position to accommodate cans. This isn't mentioned in the instructions. The instructions also refer to the thermostat which I eventually found at the back of the fridge. Again, no mention of this was made in the instructions. So far, I think this is a nice little fridge, perfect for cans and bottles but the instructions could be a lot better!

5 x Milliput Terracotta
5 x Milliput Terracotta
Offered by proops brothers ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars I still had theta of the tail but there was a lot of missing terracotta - the Milliput has held it in place and filled in the ga, 7 Sept. 2016
This review is from: 5 x Milliput Terracotta (Toy)
This stuff is fabulous! I have a terracotta fish statue that, over the years, has had it's fins and tail broken off. With a couple of packs of terracotta coloured Milliput, I've been able to totally repair it. I still had theta of the tail but there was a lot of missing terracotta - the Milliput has held it in place and filled in the gaps nicely and I've also moulded new fins. With a wet sponge, wet fingers and wet brushes I was able to blend and mould the Milliput into exactly what I wanted. My fish is dark brown (and the Milliput terracotta is orange) so I've painted it with acrylic paint. Hopefully it will all survive the winter! Just for info, I've attached a photo. The tail and the bottom fin have been painted and the tail tip and top fins are awaiting painting.
Comment Comment | Permalink

3 Heavy Duty G Clamp (4 Pack) C Grip Holder Clasp Vice TE295
3 Heavy Duty G Clamp (4 Pack) C Grip Holder Clasp Vice TE295
Offered by Henrich Hardware Ltd.

2.0 out of 5 stars The clamps are great but the paint comes off on everything they touch., 26 Jun. 2016
These are very good clamps and do the job they are needed for very well. However, I have one BIG problem wth the paint that they are covered in which rubs off on everything they touch. I bought them as I had some wooden garden chairs that needed to be clamped whilst the glue set. The blue paint came off on the chairs I was gluing and the table and patio where I laid them down. Literally anything that they rub on has blue paint left on it which, fortunately I've been able to sand off. I don't know if this is a faulty batch but I'm going to have to be very careful IF I use hem again.

The Big Short
The Big Short
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars My new #1 movie., 13 April 2016
This review is from: The Big Short (Amazon Video)
I never thought this story would be told, I suppose partly because I thought S&P, Goldmans, Deutche, Chase et al would move heaven and earth to prevent it. An incredibly well made film, with a fantastic performance by everyone, but particularly Steve Carell who shows himself to be a truly great actor. Like a lot of people during the crisis, I lost money and learned lessons. But some lost far more than mere money. One of the best aspects of this story for me was the way in which the causes of the crisis were shown in such a realistic way; from the criminal ignorance of the mortgage brokers, to the criminal insanity of the synthetic CDO manager. A real roller coaster ride with finesse, depth and more.

Jumbl 22MP All-In-1 Film & Slide Scanner w/ Speed-Load Adapters for 35mm Negative & Slides, 110, 126, & Super 8 Films

2.0 out of 5 stars Hook-a-duck prize., 2 Feb. 2016
Very variable results. This could be a great product if they'd spent 25% more on its construction (I'd happily pay 50% more if it worked consistently well). Sadly you get no 5-star results, some 4 star results, mostly 3 start results, lots of 2 star results and quite a few 1 star results. All this is due to a design that builds up a static charge attracting fine dust and hairs inside the device, which show up on your negs/slides even though you cleaned them. Brushing them away with the provided brush becomes almost impossible as it too builds up a charge and then just moves the dust and hairs around. This could be fixed by providing a psu with an earth connection, so a charge cannot build-up and dust/hair is not attracted to the optics. Next is the poor display. Its angle of view is tiny, and given that its a tiny display, that means you must have it aligned correctly to view anything at all. When it is aligned, the coarse definition and poor colour gamut leave you totally underwhelmed, even with your best glasses on. Far better to design it with no display, and an HDMI output so you could connect it to any modern display device, OR a USB3 port and software to display the potential capture frame on your PC. There are other issues with this device, but top-most of them and the last I will mention here is the film handling. It simply isn't robust or accurate enough to hold things in the same place all the time, or avoid movement or curvature of your negs. I wasn't looking for a pro film scanner, there are plenty of those out there, but all very slow unless you spend many thousands on them. I bought this 22 MP digitiser as I hoped that the 22 MP would yield good images because I was hoping for images that one would guess at being about 3 to 5 MP resolution, with consistent levels of contrast, focus, colour and exposure, and a "scan" that completed in few seconds per picture. This promises that, but doesn't deliver any of it. Think "hook-a-duck prize at a fairground", for a good impression of the overall quality of this device.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality psu., 3 Dec. 2015
Nice product. Works well, no audible ringing or buzzing, runs cool. Good price.

Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Fire TV

1.0 out of 5 stars You need fibre broadband to be happy with this unless you watch on a small screen std def tv., 15 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Amazon Fire TV (Electronics)
I have 3 different internet connections because each of them are not fast enough for my needs. The fastest of them consistently measures 2.5Mbps download speeds. The quality of the video you get from this box is not good at that speed, and it cannot load balance across different IP addresses, so cannot increase the effective download speed. Sadly it cannot download your movie for playback either, which is a shame because if it could, there would be no problem with low-speed internet connections like mine. In short, if you haven't got fibre broadband, and you want to watch in HD, then forget it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 2, 2015 10:20 AM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6