Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now
Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Five Rings: A Guide To Pagan Ministry
The Five Rings: A Guide To Pagan Ministry

5.0 out of 5 stars Pagan ministry, 18 Aug. 2017
This book offers a useful contribution to the discussion about Pagan ministry. It offers the potential minister an opportunity to think about their vocational journey.

Panasonic Smart Home KX-HNC800EW Full HD Indoor Security Camera with Smart Home Compatibility - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, but read cautions in my review!, 30 July 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Having just got this device, I was eager to try it out immediately. Plugged it in and downloaded the app on my Samsung S7 edge. Set-up seemed dead easy at least that's what I thought, but linking the app and the S7 was a dead loss, as I kept getting a fail screen, and have up with the resolve of giving the device a stinking review. This morning, however, my son decided to try installation on his One Plus 3 phone, and it couldn't have gone any better! Once installed the device works brilliantly allowing one to view the room and hear what's happening. Further to this you can even speak to the people near the device really well using the app. Having thought up all the fastest pranks that we could play on unsuspecting guests, we got down to the more serious uses such as security whilst away from home and monitoring our pet cat who lives to bring in love nice and leave them in one or other room, usually to be found as a surprise by one or other of us. On one memorable occasion I found a small wood mouse in my shoe but not until I had tried putting it on, and wondering why it wouldn't fully locate on my foot I lightest up and tapped out what I thought would be a bit of dirt or some such, only to have a living and indeed lovely mouse spring into my lap! This device may just help monitor such incursions!?
Returning to the errant app installation on my own phone, which one might rightly mean I have the device only four stars; we discovered that the Samsung could be added as a device afterwards and is now fully integrated with the camera through the app. I can only conclude that the problems were down to the unique way in which Samsung use a modified form of Android on their devices, and so you might need to utilise another smartphone to undertake the initial set-up. Possibly a friend might help if you have no other devices in the family? Whichever way you might need to be cautious of you are Samsung user amongst only other Samsung users!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 30, 2017 3:19 PM BST

Belkin F7U011drSLV 2-Port USB-C + USB-A Wall Charger (27 W, 2-in-1 Dual Fast Charging) - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant charger, 30 July 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
For this product yesterday, and being eager to try it out I used it on my Galaxy S7 and my new Kindle Fire. It was quick to charge both devices, and in the case of the Fire it seemed quicker than the supplied Kindle charger. One thing that is important to note is that the micro USB is a type C so if you haven't got this type on your phone, you'll need an adapter to make it work properly. I had one such supplied with my S7.
In terms of aesthetics, this device although quite large is nonetheless very good looking and with the various colours available should fit in with most room decor. I love it!

Doctor's Best 1000 mg Vitamin C Feat Quali Capsules - Pack of 120
Doctor's Best 1000 mg Vitamin C Feat Quali Capsules - Pack of 120

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, 30 July 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Hard to tell the effect of vitamin c on a short term basis, so this is a holding review pending longer term effect trial. So far the capsules are easy to swallow and after second day I have found no odd side effects. The packaging really looks the business, which might sound strange, but in supplements this can mean a lot. I will update as my experience of the product increases.

Anglepoise Original 1227 Brass Wall Light, Elephant Grey
Anglepoise Original 1227 Brass Wall Light, Elephant Grey

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good if pricey, 26 July 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very stylish retro lamp, that although quite a dark grey, should blend in with multiple decors. Fitting is straightforward using a detachable mounting bracket for ease of fixture to the wall. Naturally the connection of any fixed electrical appliances should only be attempted by a person who is suitably qualified to do the job.
The light switch is push button and is a little stiff in operation - not the lamps best feature, this is partly why I have given only four stars. The other reason for the four stars is the rather stiff price; I am not convinced it is £130 in value. Having said that I love it, and assuming you are willing to pay for quality I'd go for it!

Rapesco Adjustable 6-Hole Organiser/ Diary Punch (Powder Blue)
Rapesco Adjustable 6-Hole Organiser/ Diary Punch (Powder Blue)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent punch to help re-purpose one's old time management system, 16 July 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a brilliant little hole punch that is easy to figure out and use. The 'figure out' bit of the previous sentence refers to the fact that as there are a number of adjustments, the calibration needed, potentially, takes a little practice to get right.
For m this is a saviour. I have several binders from various time management systems, most fairly expensive, an most quite nice looking but in the absence of their dedicated refills, largely redundant. However, now I can actually put those binders back to work as note books, and all without spending an absolute fortune on overpriced products made by the system manufacturers.
Immediately upon receipt of this little device had used some ordinary paper to create note paper for a personal size binder from a well-known British manufacturer of binders, and if I say it myself I have made a great of it! This is brilliant as a concept, seems to work well, and looks resilient and long-lasting - cannot confirm this as I have had it all of one day!
I recommend this device wholeheartedly.

Leifheit Parat Royal Wall-Mounted Foil, Cling Film and Kitchen Roll Holder Dispenser - Stainless Steel

4.0 out of 5 stars Good device that needed some minor DIY, 16 July 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This was a desirable addition to our kitchen that became an "I wouldn't be without it!" essential. It seemed like a great idea but often these ideas are not what you might hope, and some of the reviews of this product were mixed. However, I needn't have worried. Essentially there are three tools in one device: 1.) A cling film dispenser, 2.) A foil dispenser, and 3.) A paper towel dispenser. The previous reviews have often suggested that the cutters will only work when used with the material for which they are designed. I am sure this is correct, but it is not a problem to put the right product with the right blade/dispenser, as there is a picture of the product that belongs in each slot. The blades then work pretty well. To improve their utility if one cannot find the foil or cling film to fit the dispenser, I have found that a short length of domestic waste water pipe - the stuff that takes the water from your sink and is available in various lengths, works really well to act as a spacer between the end of the roll of whichever product you are using. It will stop slippage and consequential ineffective cutting by the blades of the device. It is only when the rolls are able to move unduly in the storage slot that tearing and inefficient cutting occurs.
The paper towel holder is variable to hold different sizes of rolls and so this needs no home made adjustments to support it usage.
I really like this device, but have given it four stars as to work really well one has to make a home made fix - see above, and this is not great for anyone who is not an avid DIY'er. Also he other thing which is no fault of the device is finding a piece o wall that is able to hold the 'footprint' of the device in a modern house. We moved a picture to accommodate the holder.

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel Cream Moisturiser 50 ml
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel Cream Moisturiser 50 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Good moisturiser, 6 July 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this with both my wife and myself in mind. As an older chap with drier skin I was looking for something to help sort things out so got the cream. In the end I didn't get a look in as my wife procured it and decided that it was up to her to look her best with the aid of the product.
After extensive testing she reported that it passed her test of approval being one of the nicest moisturisers in this price range that she has used. However, she also said that it did seem to not last as long as she would normally hope, but then again as my own observation tells me her skin is pretty dry, so it might last longer for a slightly less dry skin type.
Speaking of price point, you cannot really go wrong for under a tenner, but for extra reassurance you also have the renowned Neutrogena name backing this product up.
Overall a real winner!

FRENCH CONNECTION Men's SFC109SM Quartz Watch with White Dial Analogue Display and Stainless Steel Bracelet

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch same about the adjustment process, 6 July 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is an excellent watch assuming you are not looking for a flashy looking multi-dial affair. It keeps time and the finish of the stainless is pretty good. Weight is about average for the size of watch and the face is middle of the size range making it a good compromise for most men's wrists.
The only slight issue is that if you are to follow the manufacturers instructions for sizing the wrist band, you will need to measure your wrist using the included tape and then send it off to the manufacturer for it to be resized. I could not be bothered with this so paid for the local jeweller to do it, but I would have preferred a strap which could be adjusted by the user of the product - in this case me! It is this latter point that knocks it down to four stars in my opinion.

Oasis Women's Quartz Watch with White Dial Analogue Display and Gold Alloy Bracelet SB002GM

4.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable and inexpensive ladies watch, 6 July 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this for my wife to try out as an everyday watch, and on the whole she liked it. However, there were some issues around size of the writs band and general comfort of the same. I could not see a way of improving this for her wrist which is even slighter than some of the finer female wrists. I imagine with a somewhat more padded wrist the problem would no occur, as of course the other part for her was that it dug in slightly and was able to get caught on clothing due to the slightly loose nature of the sizing.
As a timepiece it keeps time really well and is easy to adjust.
As my wife gave up wearing it I cannot comment on the durability of the gold plating, but it does look quite durable.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20