Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Discover more Shop now
Profile for TheJeebieJar > Reviews

Content by TheJeebieJar

TheJeebieJar

S-View Cover Case for Galaxy Note 4 - Classic Edition - Black (EF-CN910FKEG)
S-View Cover Case for Galaxy Note 4 - Classic Edition - Black (EF-CN910FKEG)

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks good but overpriced and not very practical., 23 Nov. 2014
Too much focus on the aesthetics and not very practical. Case flaps open as there's nothing to hold it in place - I noticed third party sellers are already offering magnets for this at £9.99. The s- view offers almost no protection although it looks great. Returning and going for something else.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Failed in less than 6 months, 29 Mar. 2014
This is the second third-party macbook battery I've tried and yet another disappointment. The battery worked perfectly until recently when it failed to charge, working for less than six moths. I arranged a return with Amazon since it was covered by Anker's 18 month warranty but as the product is no longer available I have to settle for a refund. I might have to face up to the fact that the ridiculously overpriced official apple batteries are the only solution!

EDIT: I have added two stars to the review after some excellent customer service from Anker. The battery might have failed but I am happy they got in touch to resolve the problem. Good, trustworthy company.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 31, 2014 7:22 AM BST

Far Cry 2 (PS3)
Far Cry 2 (PS3)
Offered by PROGAMES

1.0 out of 5 stars Huge glitch that should have been fixed, 9 July 2012
This review is from: Far Cry 2 (PS3) (Video Game)
Was loving this game and had spent close to 30 hours on the campaign when a horrible glitch ruined it for me. The open world, graphics, combat and story were great..... I had got to around 80% completion on hard difficulty with a backup save at around 70%.

The problem - after completing a mission where I had to kill a certain VIP, the next and only available mission was unavailable. The building I had to enter to accept the mission was locked. I had read this was a glitch and amazingly there were no plans to release a fix !

I tried the backup save and .... same thing ! My campaign was dead and impossible to complete after 30 hours !

This could have been a great game were it not for this glitch and I find it shocking they didn't release a patch to fix it.

Disappointed

55Wh Genuine Original Battery for Apple Macbook 13" inch A1185 white MA566GA
55Wh Genuine Original Battery for Apple Macbook 13" inch A1185 white MA566GA

1.0 out of 5 stars Be wary !, 12 Feb. 2012
Bought this battery and was immediately suspicious. Battery had no apple documentation, instructions or warranty information which I found very strange. I tried it out anyway and sure enough it lasted only one week ! I bought this item for £55 and it was advertised as a brand new apple product. In my opinion it was a genuine battery but definitely not new and probably refurbished or reconditioned. Please be wary of buying these batteries at discounted prices, I just don't think it's possible to buy genuine apple products at bargain prices and i'll be repurchasing directly from apple.

Apple Rechargable Battery - 13-inch MacBook White
Apple Rechargable Battery - 13-inch MacBook White

1.0 out of 5 stars Is this really a genuine apple product !?, 10 Feb. 2012

El Camino (LP+CD Gatefold Edition) [VINYL]
El Camino (LP+CD Gatefold Edition) [VINYL]

4.0 out of 5 stars Shocking price... Good album, 7 Dec. 2011
Have to take a star off this before I even start ! £25 for a single vinyl !!!??? The price obviously factors in the included CD, but why ? I've bought other keys albums for around the £15 mark that include the mp3 download code !
Anyway the record is great, comes in gatefold sleeve with a poster. Not the typical bluesy garage keys effort but more of a straight pop/rock record. Plenty good head bobbing choruses and dirty guitar :)

Leamington Wood Effect / Glass Computer Desk H910xW1100xD600mm
Leamington Wood Effect / Glass Computer Desk H910xW1100xD600mm

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 15 Oct. 2011
Desk has a really poor build quality. The two raised shelves are so poorly welded they sat completely off level ! Large glass center is of odd length too, one side sticks out half an inch at the front. It's a sturdy enough desk but we were really disappointed with it.

Draper 59304 Heavy-Duty Work Stand
Draper 59304 Heavy-Duty Work Stand

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid, 2 April 2011
Awful product. Definitely not heavy duty. The stand would not support my bike correctly, not only that but it has scratched my frame !! I'm very annoyed with this cheap flimsy product. Avoid at all costs !!!

Draper Bicycle Tool Kit
Draper Bicycle Tool Kit

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for emergency toolkit, 23 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Draper Bicycle Tool Kit (Sports)
Not ideal for doing regular at home maintenance, but if you're out in the sticks with a flat or something needs a quick tighten, this is ideal. The pump DOES work with schrader AND presta valves. Unscrew the end, pull out the rubber insert. There you'll find a little orange part that reverses for presta... happy days !

Full Metal Jacket (Deluxe Edition) [Blu-ray] [2001] [Region Free]
Full Metal Jacket (Deluxe Edition) [Blu-ray] [2001] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Matthew Modine

4.0 out of 5 stars Much Improved from previous blu ray release, 10 Mar. 2011
I think the one star review is very harsh. The deluxe edition is so much better than the original blu ray release, which, incidentally is recognised as one of the worst blu ray transfers ever ! The picture is sharp, looks natural and is definitely a step up from dvd. The sound isn't dolby true HD or DTS HD master but an uncompressed 5.1 PCM track. It sounds pretty good but it is very front heavy and my surround speakers didn't kick in at all until act II. Extras include a documentary and audio commentary, but nothing spectacular !