Profile for Fengferth > Reviews

Beer Making Starter Kit - Muntons Premium Lager
Beer Making Starter Kit - Muntons Premium Lager
Offered by BiggerJugs

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality for First Time Brewers, 4 July 2015
I got this just under 6 months ago for £40. It has all the essential equipment you will need to start brewing in one nifty package.

The bucket itself is rather tall, good quality and has a lid which already has a hole for the airlock to go. Only thing that I can nit-pick about the bucket is that it doesn't have a litre/gallon measure like most fermenting bins do, however there's nothing stopping you from making your own with a permernant marker or something. It might also be wise to get a themometer to stick to the side of the bucket to gauge the temps. Mine has been used 5 times so far and is still in great condition.

The airlock, spoon, hydrometer with test-tube and syphon tube with tap are all of good quality. The Sterilizer will last around 3-4 batches.

Muntons Lager is a nice crisp lager, although I'm not a huge fan of it. It's worth it for the equipment alone, I see the lager kit as a freebie.

Woodford's wherry 40 pint (3kg) home brew real ale kit
Woodford's wherry 40 pint (3kg) home brew real ale kit
Offered by Balliihoo Homebrew

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Notch, 4 July 2015
I got into beer brewing just under a year ago, originally due to how expensive it is to buy beer commercially these days. My first kit came with a rather bland lager kit which was fairly average taste wise. I did not have the equipment (or the room) to brew properly with the big pots so I needed to stick with the "beer in a can" range.

After looking at the reviews and trying Woodford's Wherry I knew I had found "MY" beer. It's simple to make, really delicious and more importantly every batch has been consistantly good.

it UK 7" Quad Core Tablet PC (8GB HDD, 1GB RAM, Google Android KitKat, Bluetooth, WIFI, USB) - Black
Offered by Best of British Tablet Company UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Decent Entry Level Tablet (For a day....), 4 July 2015
(Original Review 3/5)

I picked this up after wanting a tablet for quite sometime now to use as a music player and to do some mild gaming when I'm away from home. As it was my first tablet I didn't want to spend a huge amount of dosh on one. At the time of writing I got the tablet for £44 which is very affordable considering the specs this has. After ordering it yesterday, it arrived today (good ol' Amazon) and after using it I want to point out a few things with it.

Firstly there is no manual, only a vague quick start guide. It's decent enough to get you started but fails to mention one of the most important things that people that aren't tech savvy won't know. With any device that has a rechargable battery you must make sure that the first time you charge it you leave it charging for AT LEAST 6 HOURS (I personally leave it for 8-9). If you don't you will have less battery life per charge.

Spaking of charge, the charger it comes with was a universal charger which had 2 different charger heads (2 prong and 3 prong) that you had to twist into the charger itself. It also came with 2 usb leads, one that charges it via a single socket and the other via micro usb. The single socket lead when plugged in stuck out way too far in the charging socket, meaning just the slightest knock would stop the tablet from charging, you literally had to lean the lead on to something to make sure it connected properly. Needless to say that the lead is completely useless, which means the only way to charge it is via the micro usb socket (which takes around 2-3 hours to charge). This may cause problems to buyers who don't have any devices with usb connections. On the plus side the tablet comes with a micro usb to female usb socket which allows the use of external items, like mice and keyboards (although the lead is extremely small). It also came with a pen that's felt tipped so that you don't scratch the touch pad.

Now, on to the wi-fi. I managed to pick up my router very easily and I can get a decent signal (2 to 4 out of 4 bars) from anywhere in the house. However the wi-fi sometimes likes to disconnect itself after about 2 hours use (happened twice so far) for no reason and refuses to reconnect. The only way I've got round to resolving this is to reboot the tablet, a minor inconvenience to some, major to others. I don't use 3G but something to bare in mind, you will need a 3G dongle to use it as it is not built into the tablet. The camera isn't great, pretty poor actually it's pretty blurry at times. The one nice thing about it is that it didn't come with much crapware that a majority of tablets do come with these days.

The tablet itself seems fairly well built and fits in my hands nicely. The picture and sound quality is pretty middle range, decent enough to listen to music and watch videos but nothing great. The 8GB memory (well technically 6GB after the OS & apps) is pretty nice for the price range, plus it has an sd card slot which can go up to 32GB incase you need extra memory. Gaming wise, again it's decent. I can play most games on it without lag and it seems to handle multiple process pretty well. I do want to point out though that some of the more popular games like Destiny, Clicker Heroes and Tap Titans are not compatible with it sadly. Not sure if it's because of the android version (4.4.2) being out-dated or something since the tablet doesn't have software update like most tablets normally have.

Overall for £44 it ain't bad. A decent entry level tablet with a few annoying things (idiotic charger design, lack of manual, temperamental wi-fi, no software update).

IMPORTANT UPDATE :- So the next day the battery lasted an hour on a full charge. After charging it to full a second time it lasted around 45 mins. Needless to say this is completely useless to me, I'll be sending it back. Also in the system specs it's listed as having a 1.5GHz CPU when it is infact listed as 1.2GHz on the box. This is false advertising and unacceptable. Avoid like the plague.

Sony Movie Studio HD: Platinum Suite 12 (PC)
Sony Movie Studio HD: Platinum Suite 12 (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Budget Buy, 2 Jun. 2013
As a gaming commentator/content creator I have recently been dabbling into editing my work using quite a few different freeware video editing programmes. Unfortunately alot of them are either hard to use, render poorly or are poor quality.

I had been recommended Sony Vegas Pro or Adobe Premier Pro. Unfortunately I just couldn't afford either so I decided to give this one a shot after seeing pretty decent reviews.

Been using it for just under a month now and I have to say I'm very impressed. It does however take a while to get accustomed to it's use, which is made easier thanks to the in-editor wizard as well as the mass of guides on youtube. It also comes with an audio suite, voice changer and an extra add-ons disc which I am yet to use.

I use Bandicam for my screen capture and it recognizes the files easily, although I had to change the audio codec from the default option as Sony Movie Studio didn't recognize it.

Overall I'm pleasently surprised with what you can do with it for so little money, as with all video editors that render, it will eat up your CPU while you render, however there is a nice option for using your GPU instead if it is compatible. Using Windows 7 64-bit OS.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Ants? What Ants???, 2 Jun. 2013
The product itself does what it says on the tube, you apply a little bit around an area where you think the little buggers are coming from and then forget about it. The gel works by ants eating it thinking that they just hit the jackpot, then running back in joy and spreading the poison back to their evil lair, where after 2 or 3 applications (depending on how many there are) will kill them.

It is much better than conventional powders because it actually destroys the source rather then just those that dare go for your sugar jar. As with all products of this nature be careful about where you put it if you have children/pets.

Sapphire AMD HD6670 2GB DDR3 Lite Retail PCI-E Graphics Card
Sapphire AMD HD6670 2GB DDR3 Lite Retail PCI-E Graphics Card

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best Budget GPU's around, 15 Mar. 2013
I brought this card back in April 2012 (iirc) and a few months back upgraded to a Radeon HD 7970 (I nickname the "BEAST"). I had this when I started to make a gaming rig as it was fairly cheap (£60) and had great specs. I was actually suprised how well it ran some of the more graphic intense games at 1080 (don't expect to run games such as Skyrim or Battlefield on Ultra though :p) at reasonable settings.

You also won't find many (if at all) GPU's with the 2GB dedicated at this price range either, great if you are on a tight budget or don't have alot of RAM. It is also very quiet.

Overall I recommend this card as a "Babbie's first" GPU for a budget gaming rig.

XFX Radeon HD 7970 DD Black Edition 3GB GDDR5 Graphics Card
XFX Radeon HD 7970 DD Black Edition 3GB GDDR5 Graphics Card

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Upgrade, 15 Mar. 2013
I decided to upgrade to this beast of a card from a Radeon HD 6670 2GB. The Radeon HD 7970 is one of the most powerful AMD cards you can get at the moment (especially if you crossfire the buggers) and this version is no exception.

The only thing I can fault is that once the fans reach 65% threshold they do start to make considerable noise, but then again what GPU's don't these days. It runs fairly cool, even on most demending of things. A great upgrade since I play graphic demanding games (Battlefield 3, Skyrim, ArmA 2) and use capture software.

As with all gaming rigs the longevity is important, so far as of writing this it has 3 months of constant use. Will update later down the GPU's lifecycle, until then a solid upgrade.

Universal Soldier DVD Triple (Universal Soldier/Universal Soldier 2/Universal Soldier Regeneration)
Dvd ~ Jean-Claude Van Damm
Offered by rightpricediscs

4.0 out of 5 stars Mixed Bag for Me, 15 Mar. 2013
It's been years since I saw Universal Soldier, I'd heard a second (US:The Return) existed and had no idea there was a third (US: Regeneration) until we got the fourth (US: Day of Reckoning) as a gift recently. So I was really delighted when I found this Trilogy on amazon for a great price (£6).

So me and the other half have a US night since she hadn't seen the second or third.

The original is great, can't really fault it and it has a solid story. Obviously effects and what not are alittle out-dated but c'mon it's over 2 decades old. I would have been happy just to pay the £6 for this alone since it's pretty hard to find in most dvd retailers in the high street.

US: The Return was... okish, I'm not going to spoil it but the story isn't the best and although it tries to follow from the original it was made unclear about why Luc is in the state he is in now and raises more questions than answers. Some will like it, others won't.

US: Regeneration... zzzzz, no I'm being serious here, I struggled to stay awake and the other half was asleep 20 mins in. I have no idea what the hell they tried to accomplish with this installment but it was dull and boring, definitely the weakest of the four. Funny thing is you could take US out of the title and it would pass off as a different film entirely.

Universal Soldier for me is a classic, the second one a decent sequel and the third might as well not exist. However it is still worth it in my opinion for the original and US: The Return.

Avril Lavigne Black Star Eau de Parfum - 30 ml
Avril Lavigne Black Star Eau de Parfum - 30 ml
Offered by Questmoor Pharmacy

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Valentines Gift, 15 Mar. 2013
Brought this for the other half as a valentines gift. She loves this stuff and it's pretty hard to get hold of these days in more conventional stores. More importantly I love it, yummy XD.

HyperX Blu Series 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 CL9 DIMM Gaming Memory Kit (2 x 4 GB)
HyperX Blu Series 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 CL9 DIMM Gaming Memory Kit (2 x 4 GB)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality as Always, 15 Mar. 2013
What else can I add that other reviewers have said already. I've been using Kingston RAM for alittle over 5 years, finally bought another couple of 4GB sticks for a nice 16GB of RAM. Highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2