Profile for Beach Reader > Reviews

Content by Beach Reader

Beach Reader (Dubai, UAE)

Page: 1 | 2
Summer at Shell Cottage
Summer at Shell Cottage

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 27 Aug. 2015
I really enjoyed this book with its unexpected twists and turns, it has everything, humour, pathos and a 'not want to put down' feeling. I can recommend it I know my friends will love reading it.

Fly Away
Fly Away

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit depressing, 13 May 2014
This review is from: Fly Away (Kindle Edition)
Having loved Firefly Lane I was looking forward to reading the follow up "Fly Away", but was left feeling depressed. It was never going to have a happy start, with Kate having died of cancer at the end of the first book, however, every single character in "Fly Away" is extremely troubled and has a sometimes disturbing past.

I appreciate that in order to find out why key characters, such as Cloud, (Tully's mum) behave as they do you need to know the background. But for me personally I felt the book had too many sad stories, and I was left feeling miserable having read the book.

Shame

The One Plus One
The One Plus One

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 27 April 2014
This review is from: The One Plus One (Kindle Edition)
I'm a big fan of JoJo Moyes so couldn't wait to get stuck into this book, it's fundamentally a love story between two people whose lives are worlds apart. Highly recommended.

The Beach Cafe
The Beach Cafe

5.0 out of 5 stars a delightful read, 26 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The Beach Cafe (Kindle Edition)
T
I really enjoyed The Beach Cafe it was easy to read and held my attention throughout. The characters came to life
And I would recommend this book to my friends, I could almost hear the sea and imagine sitting on the deck enjoying one of Annie's cakes or Wendy's pasties!,

A Night on the Orient Express
A Night on the Orient Express

4.0 out of 5 stars a great read, 21 Sept. 2013
I really enjoyed this book, made me want to go on the orient express. I fi
Lund it an easy read full of colourful characters.

The Things We Never Said
The Things We Never Said

3.0 out of 5 stars the things we never said, 2 Sept. 2013
Not sure about this book
I was halfway through before the two stories linked up and there are still a lot of unanswered questions - how did Maggie meet Sam ? There are big chunks of her life missing. I am glad it ended happily though.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 16, 2013 6:26 PM BST

Gone Girl
Gone Girl

3.0 out of 5 stars A Little Unsure, 25 July 2013
This review is from: Gone Girl (Kindle Edition)
After all the hype I had to read this book, I'm glad I did, but I'm really not sure it's as good as I was hoping it would be. It's clever and I can certainly see why Hollywood have snapped it up, but the style does take a little getting used to. Definitely give it a go but I think it needs to be read when you have plenty of time, and not just the odd 10 mins here and there.

The Sea Sisters
The Sea Sisters

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 25 July 2013
This review is from: The Sea Sisters (Kindle Edition)
I found this book whilst trawling the internet for summer reads. I love travel, live by the sea and have a sister so it seemed a good choice. I read the book on a weekend away and loved it, the story itself is poignant and of course tragic (I'm not spoiling anything here), but its got everything romance, mystery, suspense, and gorgeous locations. The places Katie travels to to find out what has happened to Mia are described beautifully, and show how different the girls experiences are, Mia having gone traveling with best friend Finn, and then Katie following her to find clues that lead to Mia's death in Bali. I would highly recommend this book and look forward to more of the same.

The Thread
The Thread

5.0 out of 5 stars a really good read, 13 May 2013
This review is from: The Thread (Kindle Edition)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book and immersed myself in the different characters and the town, I will definitely read another of Victoria Hislops books.

The Language of Flowers
The Language of Flowers

3.0 out of 5 stars The language of flowers, 30 April 2013
Found this book a bit difficult to get into as it kept going back. Also a bit depressing , not sure i would recommend to my friends.

Page: 1 | 2