Profile for Piper Warrior Pilot > Reviews

Content by Piper Warrior ...

Piper Warrior Pilot (Surrey, UK)

Bosch 2608661688 Plunge Cut Saw Blade
Bosch 2608661688 Plunge Cut Saw Blade

1.0 out of 5 stars Not fit for purpose, 3 Jun. 2016
I used this blade to cut through a piece of plaster angle beading made of galvanised steel and by the time I’d done this every tooth on the blade was blunt except one at the extreme tip. The total area cut through was just a few square millimetres.
Also, the blade that I received was not as shown in the photo. The mounting end of my blade is dish shaped which means that it will only fit the multitool one way around. Most blades are flat at the end which means that they can be mounted either way around which is more useful as the blade has an offset in it and this is often needed to get into inaccessible places.
In my view this blade is not fit for use with ferrous metal unless you want to use one blade per cut and I’ll be sending it back. Waste of money.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Sealey BS7 Folding Bicycle Rack Wall Mounting
Sealey BS7 Folding Bicycle Rack Wall Mounting
Offered by PVR Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Choose carefully, 13 Oct. 2015
The item I received was not quite like the picture - the wall mounting element simply has three sides at right angles to each other and not the sloping bits. Mine also had four mounting holes and not three. However, the most significant points are that the arms are quite far apart and would not both fit under the top tube of my bike. My road bike has a 58cm frame and so I mounted the rack so that one arm fits under the top tube and the other in the apex of the seat tube and seat stays. I also mounted the rack on the wall at an angle so that the bike is horizontal when on the rack. The rack looks a bit weird when the bike is not on it but I had a space issue and needed to fit the bike under something else.
The most important thing to consider is the fixing. Don't necessarily use the screws that come with the rack - choose fixings appropriate to the material that you are mounting the rack to. I wanted my rack on the garage wall so that I could park the car under it so the rack and bike coming off the wall with the car under it could have been upsetting to say the least. As the garage wall is made of aerated blocks I chose to resin-bond four threaded studs into the wall and the rack now slips over these and is held in place with lock nuts. Sorted.
Finally, the arms are too long for just one bike (which is what I wanted it for). I intend to saw the ends of the arms off just to complete the job. The arms are 25mm diameter thin-walled steel tubing with black plastic end caps so you can cut the arms to length and put the caps back in. Oh, and as others have commented, the black arm protectors only cover the end 205mm of the arm and not the full length as shown in the picture. The material for these is a thin-walled high density foam which grips well and can be removed if required but not the ribbed, rubber-looking material shown in the photo here.

Hangerworld Single Quality Zipped Underbed Storage Chest - W 96cm x D 48cm x H 18cm - Cream with Black Trim
Offered by Hangerworld

5.0 out of 5 stars Zips look absolutely fine although they will only be used a couple of ..., 2 Aug. 2014
Much heavier duty than I had expected. Zips look absolutely fine although they will only be used a couple of times a year when I swap duvets. Good product.

10ml Empty Plastic Cosmetic Jars x 10 CLEAR with BLACK Lids for Creams/Ointment/Sample/Craft Storage
Offered by Body Art Sales

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as advertised, 2 Aug. 2014
The dimensions of these jars are significantly different to the dimension advertised which meant that I had to return them and shop elsewhere.

Olympus 512MB xD Picture Card (Type H) with Panorama Function
Olympus 512MB xD Picture Card (Type H) with Panorama Function

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked a treat, 22 Aug. 2006
I decided to stick to the Olympus brand memory card as I had read reports from others who had had compatibility issues when buying camera memory. I wanted this card for my Olympus FE-120 and I'm pleased to say that this card worked staight out of the packet: stores 347 images at a resolution of 2816 x 2112 pixels. Came with a handy plastic holder for 6 similar picture cards and a two year warranty too.