Profile for cruyffturn > Reviews

The Shari'a and Islamic Criminal Justice in Time of War and Peace
The Shari'a and Islamic Criminal Justice in Time of War and Peace
by M. Cherif Bassiouni

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 Sept. 2014
Another good book by Bassiouni. I'll be using it for my teaching

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars ok not brilliant, 20 Jan. 2014
I've the 2 packs in my hatchback and whilst the condensation seems to be less it certainly remains.
It maybe that I live in a wetter part of the UK

Justice: What's the Right Thing to Do?
Justice: What's the Right Thing to Do?
by Michael Sandel

4.0 out of 5 stars well written but not sure I'm convinced, 14 Jan. 2013
More of a book about social justice and economic reward than say criminal justice. Engagingly written and thought provoking. It started exceptionally well with its critique of utilitarianism and libertarianism - and I didn't want to put the book down. However, once it moved from a critique of existing ideas to suggestions as how best to view Justice I was less enamored. Presumably it comes down to whether you 'buy' his ideas - engaging as they were I was not convinced by them. That said, it makes you think and as I said the first half was exceptionally good.

SAMRICK - Pack of 10 Samsung i8150 Galaxy W Transparent Screen Protector/Film/Foil (3 Layer Technology) & Microfibre Cloth

4.0 out of 5 stars not an exact fit but ok for the price, 19 Jun. 2012
Whilst these generally fit the dimensions of the screen on my Samsung Galaxy W (I8150)there are small areas not covered at the very top (above the speaker & reverse camera(?)) and bottom (below the button). There's also the usual problem of avoiding the bubbles and if you don't produce a satisfactory result in a few goes its gets far more difficult each time. On the plus side you get TEN to play with for a price that is similar to that which I paid for ONE in the local shopping centre - which was cut only slightly better and was no easier to apply.

China's Criminal Justice System
China's Criminal Justice System
by United States Congress Senate

1.0 out of 5 stars not what I expected, 20 Sept. 2011
If you are after a book that provides a RECENT and detailed description of the various parts of the criminal justice system in China I very much doubt this is the book for you. It is simply a series of statements about the system given to a US Congressional hearing in 2002, yes 2002.