Profile for Rob D > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
Lyle & Scott Men's Zip Through Long Sleeve Hoodie, Blue (Navy), X-Large
Lyle & Scott Men's Zip Through Long Sleeve Hoodie, Blue (Navy), X-Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice top, well made, and good sizing., 22 Jun. 2016
Having recently lost some weight, I did get a bit "body-blind" when it came to sizing. The 2XL hung off me. I think I'm about a 44-45 inch chest, and the XL fits a treat. Nice quality, just a shame about the price tag, but it looks as though it will last.

Kenwood True BL374 Blender - Black
Kenwood True BL374 Blender - Black
Offered by Crystal Sells

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a mixer - it mixes :-), 22 Jun. 2016
Does what it says on the tin! No better or worse than others I've tried... and was a good price.

Hand-made Mens Black Braided Leather Bracelet Multi-strand Leather Wristband with Steel Spring Clasp
Offered by Cool Steel and Beyond

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth it, looks smashing!, 22 Jun. 2016
For the price paid, this is excellent quality, and looks fantastic. Highly recommended. I've had it a few months now, and no issues to report - looks as good as it was when new.

Lyle & Scott Men's Micro Check Short Sleeve Casual Shirt, Blue (Deep Cobalt), X-Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely shirt!, 22 Jun. 2016
Spot on. Fits me perfectly (the 2XL was way too big). I have to get used to my new measurements since shedding some pounds! It's quite long in the body, which isn't a bad thing... all in all, delighted. PS - Amazon returns system is a legend!

Syncwire Micro USB Cable Snagless Nylon
Syncwire Micro USB Cable Snagless Nylon

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill product, 20 April 2016
I also have the Apple Lightning versions of these - and they are super. Much more heavy duty than the OEM leads - not as flexible - but, are hoover, cat, child and drunken adult proof...
Highly recommended

Bystar Leather Braided Stainless Steel Men's Bracelet Bangle Best Gift!
Bystar Leather Braided Stainless Steel Men's Bracelet Bangle Best Gift!
Offered by BystarUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch, 20 April 2016
Only times wells if these things last or not - but first impressions are really good. Came in a little presentation box, which was a nice touch, all looks good enough quality, smells of leather and sits on the wrist nicely.
Nothing to complain about on day-1.... if I still feel the same come day-365 I will let you know
For the money - highly recommended

PU Leather Knitted Stainless Steel Chain Magnetic Clasp Bracelet (Black)
PU Leather Knitted Stainless Steel Chain Magnetic Clasp Bracelet (Black)
Offered by Jagogh

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted, 20 April 2016
Exactly (and I mean EXACTLY) the same as one I paid a LOT more money for from a jewelers last year (which I managed to lose).
Cannot tell the difference - and I'm a fussy old sausage - it smells of level, the finishing and clasp all seem good quality - and it fits a treat.
I guess time will tell if the leather lasts as long - but for this money, I can simply replace if needed.
All in all, highly delighted.

Quixx Scratch Remover (25g polish/25g finish/2 cloths/4 sandpaper)
Quixx Scratch Remover (25g polish/25g finish/2 cloths/4 sandpaper)

4.0 out of 5 stars Works nicely, 20 April 2016
Possibly not a fair review, as I used the product outside of it's design parameters by getting some light scratches out of some piano gloss finish speakers - however, it did work well, the marks have gone - but it does leave a very slightly hazy finish which I've had to remove with some finer cutting agents.
I'm sure if you're looking to remove some surface marks from your cars paintwork it would work a treat - and is a one-box solution to a problem. So I would recommend for that purpose - for speakers - I would suggest something else.

(2 PACK) Method Daily Shower Spray 828ml - 2 PACK BUNDLE
(2 PACK) Method Daily Shower Spray 828ml - 2 PACK BUNDLE
Offered by Superfood Market

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, but not amazing, 20 April 2016
Hmmm, it's okay, but that's as far as I would go with it. Doesn't seem to do much with limescale or more stubborn marks - but as a quick freshen up does the trick.
it's certainly NOT a spray and forget type cleaning product - you do need to wipe it off, as it dries leaving more marks than the original water did!
Probably won't buy again, as cost vs performance isn't brilliant

Zoweetek® Mini All-in-1 CSR Bluetooth 3.0 Audio Hi-Fi Transmitter and Receiver, Transceiver, - Connect Your PC, iPhone, iPad, Or MP3 Player To Speakers And Entertainment Systems, Home Or Car
Offered by Zoweetek.,Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, but not audiophile quality, 20 April 2016
I was provided the item for free to test in exchanged for my honest review, so that's exactly what I'm going to write...
Nicely packaged, and comes complete with a 3.5mm stereo audio jack to 2 x RCA Phono converter lead, mini USB charge cable (no plug), a nice little carry bag and of course instructions.
The unit itself is quite small, probably about the same size as a decent car key, there's not much weight to it, but it does feel fairly solid in the hand.
I didn't unpack the box and think "wow", this is quality.
So, onto the connection etc, the adapter has a already (hard) connected 3.5mm stereo audio jack lead, which (when not in use) slots flush into the casing. I can't work out if this is a nice touch, or a hindrance? I think I would have preferred to see a standard 3.5mm audio socket which would allow me to connect any cable I chose, rather than relying on the quality of the supplied ones.
Anyway, I connected the unit up to my existing stereo set-up, being a Monitor Audio A100 amplifier feeding a set of stand mounted Q-Acoustic 2020i speaker via QED cables and paired with my iPhone 6 easily and quickly...
First impressions. The volume levels were okay, not as punchy as AirPlay but certainly usable, bass response was again adequate - not world beating, but good enough for a listen whilst doing other stuff. Its the mid-range and highs that left me a little disappointed. I think (in order to keep costs down) they've probably used a fairly basic D/A converter... and it's gets really muddy when faced with anything slightly demanding. This causes the music to almost "distort" and sound very-very cluttered; at least on my system which isn't that forgiving of source material. I did try it on my LG Sound Bar also, and where the frequency response isn't as tight, it did sound more presentable, but overall the audio experience left me a little disappointed.
It is worth pointing out though, that this is a transmitter as well as a receiver, so if that's what you're after it might well fit your purpose much better - but as a stand alone audio receiver, when compared to say the £100 Arcam version it doesn't stand up - but it's a fraction of the cost - and therefore perhaps that's an unfair comparison? It does work, it is stable - and as long as you're not connecting to overly sensitive system would probably do the job nicely enough.
I like the fact there's an in-built battery so you can use remotely of any power source... could be handy for holidays etc.
Overall, 3/6 stars - and I think with the addition of a better D/A converter this could be a nifty little thing.
Comment Comment | Permalink