Profile for Rob D > Reviews

Content by Rob D

Rob D (Portsmouth)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
CDL Micro ADSL Micro Filter for BT Line Broadband/Tiscali/Sky/Talktalk/EE/O2 Adapter Type

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, 21 July 2016
Works well, doesn't hang down the wall like a lot of others, and is cheap as chips!

Pyramid Trek 100 (formerly Repel 100) Insect/Mosquito Repellent DEET Spray - 120ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff... but greasy, 21 July 2016
First things first... this works... and it works well. Last couple of weeks, we've watched folk at the same hotel get eaten alive by the pool... they've been walking around with polka-dot legs of an evening, covered in big red bites...
We've not had one!!!!
There is a bad point though (and it's not the smell)... this stuff is greasy! It's like spraying on WD40... and it stays greasy until it's totally dry (which takes hours). That's ok, but if you're off out for the evening, it does stain shorts and shirts...
Maybe I was sloshing too much on? I don't know... and it does wash out of clothes, so it's not the end of the world... just niggled me when I popped on a brand new pairs of shorts and they looked like I'd cleaned the car in them!
However, we bought it to not get bitten... and for that it works 100%

Calvin Klein Cotton Stretch Trunk Black 3 Pack - Large
Calvin Klein Cotton Stretch Trunk Black 3 Pack - Large
Offered by Xact Clothing

5.0 out of 5 stars Smashing!, 21 July 2016
Lovely! Fit really well... look good (well, as good as I could ever look in pants LOL)... more importantly the girlfriend likes me in them!

Zap-It Mosquito Insect Bite Relief Device
Zap-It Mosquito Insect Bite Relief Device

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 21 July 2016
Never thought this would do anything - but my goodness - it does!!!
Had a couple of mosquito bites whilst on holiday, zapped them with this thing, sprayed on some bite stuff... and boom... within a few hours, the swelling and redness had almost faded away, and the itching had stopped.
Don't ask me how it works... I have no idea... but it gives you this tiny electric shock... and I guess that's all that's needed.
Going to buy some more for another trip in September!

Calypso Once A Day Sun Protection SPF20
Calypso Once A Day Sun Protection SPF20

5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch!!!!, 21 July 2016
Brilliant!
Having always used more expensive alternate brands I was hesitant at ordering this... but I shouldn't have been.
Totally different product, not a cream, but a clear alcohol based gel... (does whiff a bit when first applied but quickly disappears)... largely non-greasy, and doesn't leave you looking bright white and creamy!!!
Works perfectly. I'm a total ginger-nut... but with factor 30 on, I could splash around all day in the pool in 35C+ temperatures... and didn't get burnt once.
I am now (according to my friends) the most tanned ginger bloke in the world!!!

BAGSMART Breathable Travel Packing Cubes, Small to Large 3-Bags Value Set, Length 13 to 17 inches, Fit 21 inches Carry on Suitcase(Black-Double Compartment)
Offered by ECOSUSI INC

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, 21 July 2016
Never used this type of product before, but found them to be really useful at keeping my case more organised, and my shirts slightly less creased. Made packing easier that's for sure!

Jungle Formula Bite and Sting Relief Spray, 50ml
Jungle Formula Bite and Sting Relief Spray, 50ml

5.0 out of 5 stars good stuff, 21 July 2016
Great for soothing those bites, and they seem to heal quicker too! Recommended for popping in your case for the holidays!

THEYE Mosquito Repellent Band - Adjustable White
THEYE Mosquito Repellent Band - Adjustable White
Offered by Theye

5.0 out of 5 stars Adjustable and works well, 21 July 2016
nice to have an adjustable fit, and seemed to work quite well as we only had one or two bites, whereas other folk at the hotel were getting bitten to death!

Fred Bennett Surg Steel Cut Out Tag Pendant of 34 5cm
Fred Bennett Surg Steel Cut Out Tag Pendant of 34 5cm

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit tight around the neck, 21 July 2016
Nice enough quality - but you need a small neck! I had to put the pendant onto another chain, as the rubber band with this nearly cut off the blood supply to my head!
It's nicely packaged though, as Fred Bennett stuff always is

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Bargain for the price, 21 July 2016
Nice enough shorts, bit disappointed there was no "crocodile" banding on them... but they are the real deal as far as I can work out. Do seem a little bit prone to picking up stains, but that's possibly more to do with the colour than the design. Anyway, for the price paid I would recommend.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15