Profile for Mrs Morley > Reviews

Content by Mrs Morley

Mrs Morley

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Did nothing for me..., 27 May 2014
I've been using T5's a few months now but thought I would try another make. I may as well be taking pineapple chucks for the good these have done. Whether it is a difference in formula to other brands I have tried or not I really don't know, but I'll not be buying these ones again.

Sharp R959SLMA 40 litre 900 watt Digital Combination Microwave Oven with Quartz Grill, Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars You'll never want another make/model once you've had this beast!, 12 Dec. 2013
This is the only "oven" I have had for over a year now. I'd originally bought it because my old Panasonic combi oven gave up the ghost after 4 years of service. I liked the look of this one because of the 40 litre capacity.

About a fortnight after I'd bought it my cooker died and was deemed "beyond economical repair" by the engineer, so I started looking at new ones. Whilst I was looking I used my new combi's oven feature. It was absolutely brilliant! I used it for absolutely everything; Roasting, Grilling, defrosting, Baking...

I'd bought a table top 2 ring hotplate when my main cooker died, so I could still boil and fry things if I wanted to. Having the hot plate, combi oven, an electric steamer and a George Foreman grill has meant that I'm at a point where my only reason for buying a "proper" cooker is so that I'm not going to kill my combi oven by using it as much as I do. (I use the oven feature every day for roasting the meat we have with our evening meals)

If I had to say one "bad" thing about it, it would be that when I use the grill, the food at the back of the shelf grills faster than the items nearer the front, but even that's not the end of the world!

Would I recommend this combi-oven?? ABSOLUTELY!!! It's been one of the best kitchen appliance purchases I have ever made, and I will definitely by the same/equivalent model when the time comes.

This Is Me
This Is Me

5.0 out of 5 stars Face of a boy - Voice of a man!!, 4 April 2013
This review is from: This Is Me (MP3 Download)
If you think you recognise the name Sam Hollyman, it's probably for the same reasons I did. Sam was the 15 year old boy whose Mum interrupted Michael Buble at a concert to ask if her son could sing "Feeling Good" with him. To the amazement of the crowd, Michael invited Sam onto the stage with him. The song started up, Sam sang, and... Well, you'll have to check out the result on Youtube!

"This is me" is the first EP Sam has put on sale. I could be wrong, but I think he wrote AND performed all of the songs himself.

I was totally blown away by the maturity of both Sam's voice AND his song writing. Each of the songs are unique, (My favourite is I.L.Y.) He has so much raw talent it's only going to be a matter of time before the youngster secures a recording contract. How far will he go? Well, with a Mum prepared to do what is needed to grab Michael Buble's attention behind him he's is likely to go all the way.

I really do wish him the best of luck for what will undoubtedly be a long and successful career in the music industry.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 7, 2013 1:44 PM BST

5.0 out of 5 stars Great things DO come in small packages..., 24 Nov. 2012
For me, the purchase of the Canon PowerShot A2400 IS Digital Camera - Pink (16.0 MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch LCD was a real should I/shouldn't I battle. I had always owned the same make of camera previously (not Canon) and wondered if I was doing the right thing changing to a different manufacture for the upgrade I wanted. I definitely made the right choice!

The Canon A2400is is small, light and very easy to use. The quality of the photographs it takes is exceptional, and the video option is quick and simple to access and, as with the photographs, the quality is truly outstanding.

The large capacity SD cards that are available to purchase mean that a tremendous amount of pictures and film footage can be recorded with minimal chance or running out of space, although I personally have opted for keeping a couple of spare cards handy so I can separate events for my own personal ease.

The battery will last through a good day out and beyond with normal use, but again the battery itself is so small it is easy and hassle free to charge a spare and keep it handy.

Overall this camera is ideal if you want something simple to use, compact, lightweight and multifunctional, and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a camera that offers great value for money.

Before I Go To Sleep
Before I Go To Sleep

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great debut piece!, 12 Jan. 2012
This is only the third "debut" work I've ever read (the others being a short thriller called "DEEPER; DAY ONE" by Mo James and the anthology "From Moment to Momentum" by Amanda S John) and I have to say, I was really pleased that I did!

I will admit that I found this one a little slow to start, but once I was into it I didn't want to put it down. It was believable to the degree that I found myself thinking how traumatic it must be for someone who is really suffering from the kind of Amnesia that the main character is suffering from, and it would be simply awful.

There are a number of ways this story could have gone, but the ending the author has penned left me feeling satsfied that the story had come to a conclusion, which, to me, is really important, as I hate being left with unanswered questions about the characters or plot.

Well worth a read if you are a fan of thrillers or true stories (I don't think it is a true story, but it is so well written it could be!)

Momentum - A further collection of short stories
Momentum - A further collection of short stories

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great release by Amanda S John, 31 July 2011
I bought and read the first short story collection by this author,Moment - A Collection of Short Stories, which I thoroughly enjoyed, so I was pleased to see she had released a further collection.

Each of the stories is well written, believable, and has a great ending.

I would highly recommend reading both Moment and Momentum, therefore I have given five stars.

Epson Stylus SX515W High-Speed All-in-One Printer with Individual Inks and Wi-Fi

5.0 out of 5 stars At last some real value for money!, 23 Mar. 2011
I have to say, I had mixed feelings about going ahead with my purchase of the SX515W after reading the mixed reviews about it, but I am so pleased I chose to make my own mind up! It was easy to set up and has performed flawlessly since day one. The cost of ink is perfectly acceptable thanks to Hornsea Inkjet Supplies' great value bumper packs - works out at less than £1.00 per cartridge at the time of writing this!.

I have tried the print, scan and copy functions, and all three produce good quality results. I do lots of scanning of magazine articles which the Epson Scan facility easily guide's me with - good quality acheived when saving as PDF files.

I can't think of anything bad to say about it! It was well worth the money I paid for it and I have no problem recommending it to anyone else thinking of taking the plunge.