Profile for music addict > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Kattee Ladies Leather Tote Handbag Designer Style Celebrity Shoulder Bag
Kattee Ladies Leather Tote Handbag Designer Style Celebrity Shoulder Bag
Offered by Bag Trends

5.0 out of 5 stars exactly as described delighted with the item absolutely recommend, 10 Jan. 2016
arrived VERY quickly, exactly as described delighted with the item absolutely recommend

PhD Nutrition Diet Whey Meal Replacement Powder - Strawberry Delight, 2 kg
PhD Nutrition Diet Whey Meal Replacement Powder - Strawberry Delight, 2 kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Best value, 27 Mar. 2014
Seems the best way to buy this. Ive tried a few varieties and most are not so good. Have to admit I havent tried this one so far as its only for my partner but she loves it. Vanilla no longer gets a look in!

Hitachi HTS721010 A9E630 Travelstar 7 K1000 1000 GB HARDDRIVE 2.5 Serial ATA
Hitachi HTS721010 A9E630 Travelstar 7 K1000 1000 GB HARDDRIVE 2.5 Serial ATA
Offered by Nord PC GmbH & Co. KG

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad Quality Bad service, 27 Mar. 2014
OLD REVIEW - UPDATED AT END

Item failed on first use, Inkubus shirked responsibility and told me to contact manufacturer. Issue was the drive after 1 hour started to make a terrible noise then after shutting down it was not recognised at all.
I have been buying everything off Amazon as its so easy its only when there's an issue that you wish you had bought from a shop as Inkubus have no interest or care.
I advise you to look to another supplier at least and maybe buy a hybrid drive as the costs are getting close now.
If you buy here maybe you will be lucky maybe not.

UPDATE:

For clarity I have left previous review as it was I have however added one star to the rating.

Inkubus finally sent another drive this one worked, and is working. So all I can say is that I have 50% failure rate maybe the next 10,000 would work ok this review is for MY product and MY experience if you wish to do a reliability analysis then buy the drives and do it!

The drive is ok so far I haven't run any processes which require a huge amount of disk access (I will update when I do) so cant say if it helps ease that bottleneck as for the mundane day to day operations there is no noticeable difference if I replace the drive it will be with a hybrid. Manufacturers seem to be stopping making these drives.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 26, 2014 3:21 PM BST

Braun Replacement Foil & Cutter - CruZer1, 2, 3, 4 - 2000 Series
Braun Replacement Foil & Cutter - CruZer1, 2, 3, 4 - 2000 Series
Offered by DIGITALGUY INTERNATIONAL, INC

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, 1 July 2013
I bought this as I had destroyed the foil on my shaver and it was like junior Russian roulette shaving, not paying too much attention I ordered this and was surprised the cutter and the plastic head was included my shaver is now as good (if not better) than new

Canton Tea Organic Lemongrass Refill Pack 50 g (Pack of 2)
Canton Tea Organic Lemongrass Refill Pack 50 g (Pack of 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 1 July 2013
ok its messy but I don't have a fancy strainer or bag to put it in so its my fault, but I love the taste. Clean and fresh great after dinner with some honey if you prefer it sweeter but its great just as it is. I would hate to run out and its supposedly healthy but who cares when it tastes great!

Seksy by Sekonda Women's Quartz Watch with Mother of Pearl Dial Analogue Display and Purple Leather Strap 4529.37

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it, 1 July 2013
other half loves this watch and even I like it, probably suits paler skin but only my guess all I know is she likes it

Teapigs Pure lemongrass tea 15 Teabags (Pack of 3, Total 45 Teabags)
Teapigs Pure lemongrass tea 15 Teabags (Pack of 3, Total 45 Teabags)

3.0 out of 5 stars convenient, 1 July 2013
easy and convenient although I prefer loose this is great for traveling or when you feel lazy, packet is nice if you wish to give as a gift. No idea if health benefits claimed by others (not tea pigs) are true but taste is clean and refreshing

Thus Spake Zarathustra A book for all and none
Thus Spake Zarathustra A book for all and none

2.0 out of 5 stars clearly an inspiration, 1 July 2013
I have to say I struggled with the book, but it seems to have influenced other authors and for that it is worth reading

Lenovo Ideapad Y500 15.6-inch Laptop (8GB RAM, 1TB HDD)
Lenovo Ideapad Y500 15.6-inch Laptop (8GB RAM, 1TB HDD)

5.0 out of 5 stars decide for yourself, 20 April 2013
Having spent a few evenings reviewing laptops I decided to buy a Samsung series 7 for work I wanted a smallish laptop 13.3 or 14 inch screen and a graphics card the laptop looked very nice and was thin and light and fast - it was pretty much an ultrabook and looked much more expensive than it was then I naively tried to install windows 7 that went badly so the recover the boot I installed Linux and that went worse reducing my lovely new laptop to a doorstop. This is not a problem specific to Samsung but to UEFI boot which win8 machines generally have, however Samsung's are special (at time of writing) so check internet before buying if you intend to do anything other than use win8 as supplied to their credit John Lewis took laptop back and returned money without question. So now on to the Lenovo (which I started looking at because John Lewis had one but spec is much lower even though at a glance it looks the same) first difference is of course it is 15.6 inch I travel a lot so this is a disadvantage in some ways but of course the bigger the screen the better. Secondly first impression is pretty underwhelming laptop is matte black and looks like (to me) a £300 or £400 laptop so I was a little disappointed I started laptop and it seemed to run slow but the keyboard is very nice to type on and the backlight keys (red light) looks great and helps typing no end although it only has 3 levels off low high but it is adequate. Laptop feels solid and well put together in general.
The edges of case rub on wrist i.e. feel sharp but this is a problem with every single laptop I have tried this year so Lenovo are no worse than any other my previous laptop was Toshiba and did not have this problem - however an equivalent Toshiba is about £1500 and I do not know if new models are as good as the old.
In use the Lenovo is silent in normal use i.e. internet Skype email etc. I have not tried any very intensive programs but the laptop exudes ability and I doubt it would struggle.
The sound is good for a laptop and screen is a thing of beauty but glare type so I expect in full sunlight it would be less than ideal but in indoors it is amazing.
DVD CD drive is DVD RW of course BR would be ideal but cant have everything.
This laptop is so much better in so many ways I am pleased I finally took a chance an ordered online! I see there are negative reviews regarding the track pad all I can say is mine works absolutely faultlessly I have used only track pads for nearly 5 years this is as good if no better than most so if you are aware of the limits of track pads if it seems bad, then you have a bad one!
Would I buy this laptop again yes would I buy one with my own money.....absolutely,I don't see anything that comes close for the money.
The caps lock light is not very obvious which can give problems with passwords but all lights are subtle which I like so benefits outweigh the disadvantage. Audio sounds great, I think my speakers for old laptop have just been made redundant and camera is simply amazing I use Skype a lot and this camera is perfect. plus all the options for fun.
For the price I did not see anything close to this laptop and having used it I cant fault it. I would buy the same again without hesitation.
So my update a year on:
I have have now been using this laptop for some more serious purposes and im still very happy with it, I use this laptop for everything (work/personal/holidays) so it gets well used and abused I travel for work extensively and its a hard life for laptops, 6 months was the worst life so far from a different make which sound like pony. I stand ny everything I said about the laptop originally but having been using it for 3D CAD lately I can say that it hasnt missed a beat however I have seen some negative reviews regarding the speed of the HDD which I expect affects gamers more as I can run any serious applications on win 8 although 8.1 is a step improvement in my opinion. So yes the speed of the Hard disk is a problem when looking at task manager usuall everything is idling whilst the HDD is at 100%. also the latest version of windows and skype and graphics card all seem to be arguing but maybe thats just my laptop. technology moves fast so this is now an old laptop but I still dont see anything comparable for the money and for about £70 a new hybrid hardrive should help a lot (when it arrives ill update again!) so I would still buy this laptop with my own money its such a good robust well built machine which weighs too much for the amount of traveling I do but I wouldnt want to part with it.

Twin Pack 3200 mAh Replacement Battery for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 - Part of Fab Mobile Phone Accessories Range
Offered by FAB2983

5.0 out of 5 stars works well, 20 April 2013
there seems no difference as far as my phone cares between the life of this battery and the original given how the note sucks power if you travel 2 batteries is a necessity and this one works fine.
update:
so 1 year on and battery life is at best a day at worst a few hours, the original is still going strong, that said i would still buy another as the cost vs durability is always going to be e trade off.

Page: 1 | 2