Profile for Dee Dubya > Reviews

Content by Dee Dubya

Dee Dubya

Elgar - Orchestral Works - Enigma Variations - Pomp & Circumstance Marches Nos. 1-5

5.0 out of 5 stars Something i wouldn't usually listen to, 28 Mar. 2014
Purchased this for the Pomp and Circumstance March, but recognise some of the other variations, especially Nimrod. I quite enjoyed it. Pleased I got it.

Beanie Boos Clip Bamboo/Panda 8cm (3 ct.) [German Version]
Beanie Boos Clip Bamboo/Panda 8cm (3 ct.) [German Version]

5.0 out of 5 stars Smiles All Round, 28 Mar. 2014
Gave these to my nephews (all over 25), they went down a treat, especially with the oldest who has been to China and actually held a baby panda. My sister and I have the larger version of this panda. They were slightly smaller than I expected. They came well packaged though I had to re shape them as they were 'stuffed' in a small envelope.

Goodnight Mister Tom [DVD] [1998]
Goodnight Mister Tom [DVD] [1998]
Dvd ~ John Thaw

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Film, 28 Mar. 2014
Excellent story and acting; planning on reading the book this is based on now. It tells the story of a cantankerous old man (John Thaw) and the sadly abused William Beech (Nick Robinson). Both of the characters learn to love and trust again. It’s defiantly got the agh factor, a good family film.

Arrived 2 days after ordering and well packaged.

Keep Calm and Eat Chocolate White Ceramic Mug (Orange)
Keep Calm and Eat Chocolate White Ceramic Mug (Orange)
Offered by M Print

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, 28 Mar. 2014
My nephew loved this mug. His favourite colour is orange and not a day goes by without him wearing something orange.

I would recommend this company. They replied promptly to my email and double checked the wording required; I used the phrase Keep Calm and Wear Orange. I received the very well packaged mug the next morning!! Excellent customer service, will use this seller again.

Housewife, 49 [DVD] [2006]
Housewife, 49 [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Victoria Wood

5.0 out of 5 stars Would Recommend, 28 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Housewife, 49 [DVD] [2006] (DVD)
Excellent television film based on the wartime diaries of Nella Last. (read the books if you can) Something all the family could watch, I would highly recommend it.

It arrived 2 days after ordering and well packaged.

Cousins' War Quartet Collection - The Lady of the Rivers, The White Queen, The Red Queen, The Kingmaker's Daughter

4.0 out of 5 stars can only comment on delivery, 25 Sept. 2013
The books arrived 4 days after ordering. The envelope they arrived in was half open on arrival, could have done with a bit of sellotape, never the less the books were undamaged, they were wrapped in cellophane. As to the content of the books I cannot give a judgment as I bought the books as a gift for a friend. She says The Lady of the Rivers was excellent and she has just started reading The Red Queen.

Now Panic and Freak Out
Now Panic and Freak Out
by n/a

5.0 out of 5 stars the gift that keeps giving, 15 July 2013
This was a gift and I have been told since giving it that it went down very well. It caused many a laugh and apparently sits on the gentleman’s desk at work where everyone dips in and out of it on a daily basis.

Aidapt Drinking Cup (Eligible for VAT relief in the UK)
Aidapt Drinking Cup (Eligible for VAT relief in the UK)

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 15 July 2013
This Drinking Cup was just what my Mum needed. She had been in hospital for over a month and had had major back surgery, so was a little week and had lost a little confidence. It was ideal for bed times as we put a bendy straw in the small holed spout and she was able to pick the cup up in the night without spilling drink all over as she has done with an ordinary drinking glass. I have 2 slight criticisms, though that seems to harsh a word, the lid was a bit of a tight fit for getting on and off which was fine for me to do but anyone with gripping issues would have struggled. When it arrived after only a couple of days after ordering it came in the wrong box, im glad I took a look before sending it back. Colour wise we got the orange/red one which my Mum was very pleased with. I would recommend this drinking cup regardless of these 2 hiccups.

Ty UK 6-inch Bamboo Beanie Boo Plush
Ty UK 6-inch Bamboo Beanie Boo Plush

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended for children and adults alike., 14 Jun. 2013
An excellent Panda he’s so soft and cuddly. The toy itself is well made, no loose stitching or missed seems, the eyes appear well fastened on, but as mine was not intended for a child it wasn’t a high priority. It has a lovely expression and its eyes seem to follow you as you move around. Delivery was quick but he was delivered in the same parcel as a book and was therefore a little squashed out of shape when he arrived but with a bit of plumping he soon returned to shape. He helped my Mum through some hard times in hospital at the beginning of the year and became a bit of a celebrity with all the staff and other patients. Will be buying others from the range later in the year to give as Christmas presents.