Profile for PJF > Reviews

Content by PJF

PJF

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
NON SLIP MAT AND GORILLA GRIP RUG LINER. EXTRA STRENGTH MULTIPURPOSE FLOOR MAT CARPET RUNNER GRIP. 100% PREMIUM QUALITY PVC & POLYESTER SUPER GRIP RUG LINER BY SourceDIY®

5.0 out of 5 stars Exatly what I needed, 4 May 2017
Did exactly what I needed - easy to cut to size a little and now the rug on my wood floor stays put.

The Invention of Wings
The Invention of Wings

4.0 out of 5 stars Full of insights from many perspectives, 24 April 2017
A very enjoyable bood that balances two views beautifully. Full of insights from many perspectives. Not quite as good as The Secret Life of Bees, but almost.

5 Star Office Flipchart Pad Perforated 40 Sheets A1 Plain (Pack of 5)
5 Star Office Flipchart Pad Perforated 40 Sheets A1 Plain (Pack of 5)
Offered by Choice Stationery Supplies Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars so the cheaper the better., 7 Feb. 2017
Cheapest flipchart paper I could find, that works. It has always been so frustrating and expensive that ultimately all the flipchart paper I use gets into the recycling bin, so the cheaper the better.

Truly, Madly, Deeply: Underwater Photography
Truly, Madly, Deeply: Underwater Photography
by Ali Bin Thalith

4.0 out of 5 stars A stunning coffee table book that was greatly appreciated by ..., 7 Feb. 2017
A stunning coffee table book that was greatly appreciated by the photographer I gave it to as a Christmas gift. I was surprised by how large a book it is - not for reading in bed.

Huawei P9 Lite Case Leather PU Wallet Cover , NEWSTARS Folio Flip Cover Drill Printing Cell Phone Lovers Embossing Mobile Cover Protect Skin Leather Case For Huawei P9 Lite Phone With Strap Kickstand Card Holder ID / Cash Pocket / Card Slots +1Pcs Screen Protector + 1Pcs Stylus Touch Pen Drill Gray
Offered by NEWSTARS

5.0 out of 5 stars I am very pleased with my choice, 7 Feb. 2017
I was looking for a suitable cover, that was sophisticated with just a touch of sparkle. I am very pleased with my choice.

One Hundred Years of Solitude (Marquez 2014)
One Hundred Years of Solitude (Marquez 2014)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not A Favourite But It Lingers In The Mind, 29 Jun. 2016
I was completely and utterly grabbed by the first section – I noticed that there are no specified chapters, or was that because I was reading the Kindle version, which is interesting in itself, as it mirrors the reeling out of time, which can only be marked in retrospect. By the middle I was struggling, not only with all the names, but also with the ‘magical realism’, which I can usually accept. I then stopped bothering about the details and characters, and read it as a stream of consciousness allowing the words and situations to wash over me, which seemed to work. I simply accepted what I was reading, and allowed the critical area of my brain to subside, which allowed me to even see the humour (the breaking down of the house and its contents by Aureliano Babilonia and Amaranta Úrsula’s passions) – there’s a whopping metaphor there. I expected to discover, or think through for myself, the meaning/metaphor for the silver fish but I haven’t found one yet. Does anyone else have a view? The town of mirrors, or is it a mirage, is interesting – it arises from nothing, takes shape and substance and then is blown away in a hurricane, leaving just a few memories, and ants, behind. I am pleased I have read it, as it is so famous and highly considered. I expect it needs further study (or a re-read, but I am not going to do that in the near future). It isn’t a favourite book, but I expect it will linger in my mind, as did Love In The Time Of Cholera.

Lonely Planet Japan (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet Japan (Travel Guide)
by Lonely Planet

5.0 out of 5 stars full of good recommendations for places to eat and visit, 14 Mar. 2016
Buying a Lonely Planet Travel Guide before travelling is now something of a rite, as I know that it will be helpful, insightful, full of good recommendations for places to eat and visit, and answer the important questions such as 'what are the electric plugs like?'. Other guides have been entirely reliable, so there is every possibility this will be too. I will report back.

From Both Ends of the Stethoscope: Getting through breast cancer-by a doctor who knows

5.0 out of 5 stars Informed Decision Making With Lots of Useful Knowledge and Personal Insight, 4 Mar. 2016
So well written - useful detailed information and knowledge is matched by Kathleen's personal journey, with considerable insight into being 'at the other end of the stethoscope' which many health professionals can forget. I was also aware of an underlying message of ask questions, again and again if you need to, and get all the details - stick your bottom on the seat until you are satisfied. Informed decision making is much more powerful for the person concerned rather than feeling that you have been on a conveyor belt. Well done Kathleen for writing this book of your own experience coupled with so much good information.

206 Bones: (Temperance Brennan 12)
206 Bones: (Temperance Brennan 12)

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed with reservations, 15 Jan. 2016
Read and enjoyed - there is an underlying suspense which very interesting. My criticism is that you needed the last few pages of in depth explanation to understand all that had happened. A good novel will lay all those trails/hints, which on conclusion are resolved and are immediately understandable, but you didn't pick them up.

Still Alice
Still Alice

4.0 out of 5 stars Clever and engaging construct, 15 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Still Alice (Kindle Edition)
This book is very well constructed - as Alice' Early Onset Alzheimers Disease takes hold, the writing changes so you go on the same journey. Very profound and thought-provoking.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5