Profile for stevilknievel > Reviews

Content by stevilknievel

stevilknievel

Persona 4 Golden (PlayStation Vita)
Persona 4 Golden (PlayStation Vita)
Offered by Netro Enterprise

5.0 out of 5 stars I'd heard a lot of good things and having just finished the incredible Virtue's Last ..., 5 July 2015
As a newcomer to J-RPGs (and RPGs in general really) I wasn't sure what I'd make of this game. However, I'd heard a lot of good things and having just finished the incredible Virtue's Last Reward, I needed something else to play on my Vita, so I went for Persona 4 Golden; and I'm so glad I did.

This is without a doubt one of the best games I've ever played, not just on the Vita but on any platform. It has an immersive and interesting story with excellent characters and a combat system that is fun and easy to pick up (especially for a turn-based combat newcomer like myself.) The mix of going about your normal life as a teenager (including making friends, studying and going out and about) and being part of a group trying to save people from a killer is done perfectly; there were times when I'd spend hours playing and barely fight at all, instead I'd be engrossed in other parts of the story and it wouldn't feel like I was just going through the motions; there's enough choice in what you're doing to ensure you feel in control of how most things pan out.

Other reviews will, I'm sure, do a better job of describing the game in detail but I just wanted to add my praise for this wonderful game. If you own a Vita, this is an essential purchase (and as Persona 5 isn't far away, it's also a good introduction to the franchise.)

Turisas2013
Turisas2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Slow burner, but worth the time, 31 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Turisas2013 (Audio CD)
If I'd have rated this album after one listen, I'd have probably only given it three stars. I'm glad I didn't as this is an album that needs a good few listens to really show how good it is. I think the main problem on the first listen is that the huge orchestration of the previous couple of albums seem to have been toned down a little and the songs don't have as much of an immediate impact as a result. However, a few listens later and that doesn't matter; it's still Turisas and they know how to make a cracking tune.

Standout tracks are For Your Own Good and Ten More Miles but the whole album is great; just give it a chance.

Complete Single, Reversible Black/ White, Duvet Cover and Fitted Sheet Bed Set by Viceroybedding
Offered by Viceroy Bedding

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks and feels great, 31 Jan. 2014
This bedding looks nice and is very comfortable. Delivery was nice and quick and I'll definitely be ordering some more of this...maybe I'll go for the purple and black one next time!

Long Live Lounge
Long Live Lounge

5.0 out of 5 stars Long Live Hellsongs, 31 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Long Live Lounge (MP3 Download)
This is one fantastic live album. If you're a fan or have heard Hellsongs' studio albums, you'll know how good they are at putting their own spin on classic rock and metal tunes but bringing these songs into a live environment with members of a symphony orchestra backing them up just gives them even more oomph; I only wish they'd done a live DVD along with it.

If you want to sample how good this album is, check out the version of We're Not Gonna Take It on here; quite simply, it's incredible and is without doubt one of my favourite cover versions of all time.

Quit lounging about and buy it.

Community - Season 3 [DVD]
Community - Season 3 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Joel McHale

5.0 out of 5 stars This show just gets better and better, 31 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Community - Season 3 [DVD] (DVD)
For anyone that enjoys Community, this season is a must. It contains two of my favourite episodes of all time and the rest of the season is very strong. I know some people think that the show had a few misses in this season but, while it did get quite dark and experimental at times, I would say that the show only became stronger because of it.

Incredible show; fantastic season; get it bought.

Targus Bluetooth Media Remote for Macbook Air, iPod, iPhone
Targus Bluetooth Media Remote for Macbook Air, iPod, iPhone

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprised that no-one else has reviewed this..., 31 Jan. 2014
I have to say that, upon viewing this item and seeing that no-one had reviewed it, I wasn't sure whether to take a punt on it. However, for just over £6, I thought I'd give it a go. I'm really glad I did as this is a great little remote. Of course it's nothing flashy but it does the job I needed it for, which was just for flicking through tracks on my iPod.

Set up was done in seconds and the remote works great with my 5th generation iPod. I've only been using it a few days so I can't really say much about it's longevity but so far so good and well worth the price.

Eseller Direct - Pentalobe 5 Point Star Head Screwdriver Repair Opening Tool For iPhone 4 4G 4S
Offered by Storm & Lighthouse Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Did exactly what I needed it to!, 14 Jan. 2013
I've seen certain reviews on here, ebay and elsewhere about these screwdrivers and it seems that quite a few don't work for some people. Well this one definitely does; it took me a minute to open up my iPhone 4 so I'd highly recommend this item if that's what you need to do.