Profile for btdiver > Reviews

btdiver "btdiver" (London)

CALMURID PRO Moisturising Hand Cream
CALMURID PRO Moisturising Hand Cream
Offered by medsathomepharmacy

4.0 out of 5 stars ... sent a sample of this and thought it was excellent after gardening all day, 23 May 2016
Was recently sent a sample of this and thought it was excellent after gardening all day! It is quite thick and gloopy so needs to soak in then does a great job. Will buy when my sample runs out.

Canon PIXMA iX6550 upto A3+ Colour Photo Printer 9600¹ x 2400 dpi
Canon PIXMA iX6550 upto A3+ Colour Photo Printer 9600¹ x 2400 dpi

5.0 out of 5 stars The best value and typical Canon quality, 20 July 2011
I have had Canon A3+ printers since they first started making them but I stalled at upgrading after the BJC i9100/S9000 as later models got a bit silly - 8 ink tanks and much higher running costs. Anyway, have been running both the i9100/S9000 for some time, have had them overhauled but they finally gave up.

I ordered this as a replacement and it just arrived. I haven't really put it through it's paces on photo quality prints yet but tests so far have been excellent. Software on the Mac is automatic (Apple just downloads and installs as soon as you plug in), everything worked straight out of the box and, all in all it was a completely pain free process.

The printer is a classy looking item, but will show dirt as it's shiny black. I like the way the paper trays work, very smooth on sliding as they open and close and prints appear quicker and much quieter than the older models. All in all, a very nice printer that I hope lasts as long as the i9100 did.

Tropical Pacific (Reef Creature Identification)
Tropical Pacific (Reef Creature Identification)
by Paul Humann

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great marine ID book from these authors, 17 May 2011
Like all the books by these guys, this one is a great resource for scuba divers interested in naming what they have seen underwater, Although it is named "Tropical Pacific" it's still relevant to most tropical seas. What we like most about this range of guides though is that the authors do their best to give creatures their common names - so much easier to remember than the Latin. Well worth the cover price.

Q Connect 400ml Quick Mount Aerosol Adhesive
Q Connect 400ml Quick Mount Aerosol Adhesive
Offered by Office Monster

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap alternative to the real thing, 13 April 2011
I bought this based on other reviews, but as professional designer, I was sorely disappointed. If you are looking for something of the same quality as the 3-M version, this isn't going to please you. Items are not repositionable and after the first few uses, the product forms a foam when being sprayed. This then bleeds around the edge of whatever you are mounting making a sticky mess. The nozzle on my tin in now forming dribbles as well and there is no spare nozzle like the 3-M product. I suspect if you bought a tin then used it almost at once - say for a big project - you might find it suitable, but I would pay the extra and get something better.

The Sharper Image EC-A115 Rotating Speaker with Dock for iPhone/ All iPod touch / iPod nano

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great product!, 1 Dec. 2010
This iPod dock/speaker has just arrived and we are very pleased with it. The look is stylish, it's lightweight so easy to move about and it's the simplest thing to use. No need to read the manual on this - simply plug in and play.

Anyone looking for really high-quality sound may find it a bit lacking on the bass, but once the graphic equalizer was adjusted on the iPod, we thought it was perfect for what we needed - something we can use all over the house for background music and in the office.

Compared to something like the Bose Sound Dock, which is very expensive, this is an amazingly good product.

E-volve reversible neoprene sleeve case cover for netbook / laptop / notebook - Flare design - in size: 12 & 13 inch 13.3" (26.4 cm - 33.78 cm) / colour: Purple / compatible with (Apple Macbook Pro 13 inch / Macbook Air)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit, great design, 23 Jan. 2010
Just had this MacBook laptop sleeve delivered and am delighted with it. The size is absolutely perfect for my 13 inch MacBook, which I was a bit concerned about as the dimensions listed made me think it might be a little big. Actually the laptop fits snugly but not so tight it's hard to get in and out. My other concern was that the pillowcase style flap might be bulky but it's not. The sleeve is made from good quality 3mm neoprene, so will be both protective and make a good base for the laptop to sit on to avoid scratches. The sleeve is also easy to turn inside out. The inner purple is not quite so lively as appears on the images and the black side is fairly subtle so it won't scream 'steal me' to a passer by. All in all, this is a great product.

Klipsch iGroove SXT - iPod Docking Speaker Sound System
Klipsch iGroove SXT - iPod Docking Speaker Sound System

3.0 out of 5 stars Not up to expectation, 16 Feb. 2008
Like a lot of the others on this review page, I bought the Klipsch iGroove SXT as people were so positive about it. Have to say that we were both really quite disappointed and am posting this to temper some of the other reviews.

The system is very attractive, neat, small and elegant. It was very easy to set up and the manufacturer supplied more iPod attachments than they were meant to which is a nice touch. However, the sound does not live up to the hype. It is quite good, rounded and has reasonable bass but we felt that treble was lacking and it does distort a little if you turn it up loud. There is no way to adjust the sound, just up and down on volume.

If we had been looking specifically for a very small unit we may have stuck with it, but we truly felt it was no better than the £39.99 JBL speakers that are attached to the computer. After much deliberation we decided to return it as we felt that we would end up not using it much.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 5, 2008 7:02 PM BST

Reef Fish Identification Tropical Pacific
Reef Fish Identification Tropical Pacific
by Gerald Allen

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of it's type, 16 Nov. 2005
For divers who are keen to spot the differences between two very similar species of fish, this is the best book on the market. Although no one book ever covers everything, this one does it's best to show the minor variations within fish families and even points out how to look for a defining feature. All main fish groups are included and the book is entirely photographic.