Profile for A Brook > Reviews

Deadpool [DVD] [2016]
Dvd ~ Ryan Reynolds
Offered by Rikdev Media

3.0 out of 5 stars not bad, 18 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Deadpool [DVD] [2016] (DVD)
Started well, but lost its way and became a bit boring. Be interested in a sequel now the back story is told.

Slaves Beyond Death
Slaves Beyond Death

3.0 out of 5 stars Vox Change No Good, 23 Mar. 2016
This review is from: Slaves Beyond Death (Audio CD)
I loved previous efforts from Black Breath, I realise now what I liked about them was the perfect mix or hardcore and metal, but the stand out was the great hardcore style vocals. This album, the vocals are more of a death growl. Whilst its still a decent album, I just don't like it anywhere near as much as I do all their other albums. Shame for me as this band were shaping up to be my go to band. I just don't like the vocal style now.

The Great Hunt: Book 2 of the Wheel of Time
The Great Hunt: Book 2 of the Wheel of Time

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 16 Sept. 2015
I found it boring and overly long with no good reason.

The Eye Of The World: Book 1 of the Wheel of Time
The Eye Of The World: Book 1 of the Wheel of Time

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 16 Sept. 2015
It was ok.

IKEA Egg Slicer Cutter Stainless Steel for Kitchen Boiled Eggs Mushrooms
IKEA Egg Slicer Cutter Stainless Steel for Kitchen Boiled Eggs Mushrooms
Offered by A9 Collection

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 16 Sept. 2015
Does what is needs to do.

Prince of Thorns (The Broken Empire Book 1)
Prince of Thorns (The Broken Empire Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars its pretty awful. Why, 16 Sept. 2015
I saw lots of 5 star reviews and was looking for something to get into, so I bought this for my Kindle.

In short, its pretty awful. Why? well, the main "hero" is a boy of 14-15 years old. The things he says and does do not relate to a person of that age, and how he leads a band of road warriors is never really fully explained. He is basically a spoilt brat kid with a sword, yet give hardened warriors, Knights etc orders and they just follow them or die.

He also manages to overcome every situation easily even when they seem impossible. He is like a spoilt brat version of Superman.

The first person style of writing can work well, it does not work well here as you basically get no real idea of the people around the main character. They are never really explored or developed. This is also true of the surroundings, you never get a proper feel for what the landscape looks like. Because of this the book never engaged me or kept me interested and I ended up skim reading the last few chapters out of pure boredom.

I would not recommend it.

The Wolf of Wall Street [DVD] [2013]
The Wolf of Wall Street [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Leonardo DiCaprio

1.0 out of 5 stars 3 boring hours, 7 Jun. 2014
My wife wanted to watch this, not me, I knew what it would be like and I was right.

It's basically 3 hours of people who are total bell ends getting drunk, high and shagging with some typical money motivational speeches thrown in and a look what I have got attitude.

It is awful. Avoid it.

2 Guns [DVD]
2 Guns [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mark Wahlberg
Offered by wantitcheaper

2.0 out of 5 stars 2 Boring Guns, 23 Dec. 2013
This review is from: 2 Guns [DVD] (DVD)
I paid to watch this on Sky last night. I wish I had not!

I like the two main actors in most things I have seen them in...but

The plot is tired and boring, Wahlberg spends virtually every scene chewing gum like a 10 year old and the story is tired and dull. Both the main actors try and joke and be buddies but it all feels really worked at and not natural at all..

I started flicking through a magazine halfway through as it was so dull...

The film is basically a light hearted buddy action flick. but it has been done much better countless times before.

Avoid.

Man of Steel [Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free]
Man of Steel [Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Henry Cavill

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit boring, 16 Jun. 2013
The latest incarnation of superman is out. It's not a bad film, but I have to say I agree with others in that you feel you have seen it all before, and recently too.

There is lots of fast moving action sequences and lots of buildings collapsing. But I felt that the film lacked emotion and heart and instead became a modern cgi action adventure. I wanted more like i got with the Batman re imagining and hope the inevitable follow up will be better.

A solid 3 stars

Ted: Extended Edition [DVD]
Ted: Extended Edition [DVD]
Dvd ~ Seth MacFarlane
Offered by best_value_entertainment

1.0 out of 5 stars Mila Kunis, 14 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Ted: Extended Edition [DVD] (DVD)
is the only reason this even gets one star. She is beautiful. I would watch any film she was in.

that aside this film wants to be funny, it tries......it fails.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5