Profile for cthomas > Reviews

The Energy Efficient Home: A Complete Guide
The Energy Efficient Home: A Complete Guide
by Patrick Waterfield

3.0 out of 5 stars A decent read, but needs more work, 10 Jun. 2013
I enjoyed reading this book, but with the Red 'New Edition' flash across the bottom corner of the cover, I expected it to be about 12 months old. I was wrong. I am interested in micro generation wind power.
Under Renewable Energy on p128 it mentions Windsave. It says that it is a recent development which makes wind energy much more accessible for most people.' That's great but when I research a bit more into the product/company, I find that Windsave went into administration in 2009. It's 2013 now so it's hardly 'New Edition'.
That aside, the book is a good read, but not bang up to date with technologies that may need to be added in the future.

Tuff-Luv Genuine Leather Book Style Case for Acer Iconia W500 - Black
Tuff-Luv Genuine Leather Book Style Case for Acer Iconia W500 - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks Good., 28 Dec. 2012
Been using this for a year non stop. This is a robust piece of kit which looks fantastic. Due to the W500 being quite chunky, this book case makes it look all the better.

Heating with Wood
Heating with Wood
by Andy Reynolds

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 28 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Heating with Wood (Paperback)
Nothing else to be said. I love it and recommend buying it.
Great if you want to reduce your long term heating bills.

Sony NSZ-GS7 Internet Player with Google TV (discontinued by manufacturer)
Sony NSZ-GS7 Internet Player with Google TV (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product but with flaws, 28 Dec. 2012
The set up was easy, and you have a Sony Help App which allows a very good reference tool on the player.

I wanted this item to watch sport from the world over. It is possible but really difficult. I would recommend joining a forum as the Community support are excellent.
Google Play doesn't allow you to download all the Apps so there are restrictions.

I love the potential of this product but when Skype doesn't even work on here then you know there's a lot of work to do.

If Google can update their software a lot quicker then I will shout about this product from the rooftops, but they must try harder in order to become a market leader.

Microsoft Office 365
Microsoft Office 365
by Katherine Murray

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Purchase, 29 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Microsoft Office 365 (Paperback)
This book has been a long time coming.This book is a great reference for the SME. The piece of mind that was years coming has arrived!

Home Inspector's Handbook
Home Inspector's Handbook
by P Parnham

5.0 out of 5 stars Loads of Advice, 29 Dec. 2011
Loads of advice in this book. If you are looking to become a DEA, I would suggest reading this to give additional knowledge.

Solar Electricity Handbook 2011: A Simple Practical Guide to Solar Energy - Designing and Installing Photovoltaic Solar Electric Systems
by Michael Boxwell

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book!, 21 Aug. 2011
I'm a Renewables Assessor and wanted a quick simple read to remind myself of the Solar Industry. I can thoroughly recommend this book to newcomers to the industry who want to learn more about the designing and installing of PV. Cannot actually find a fault and the fact that it is related to a website make this purchase a no-brainer. If you don't buy it, then you're missing out.

Sogatel - Skype compatible USB cordless internet phone - Windows 8, 7, Vista and XP

3.0 out of 5 stars So far, So Good, 9 April 2011
Overall a pretty good phone. The CD that came with the phone didn't work properly,I had to install it manually. Even though the overall feel is one of cheapness, and probably made from the Far East, the fact that you can actually get the phone like this is an achievement. The box states can be used up to 50m, but I did about 10m between solid walls and had very little interference.
My Dad is partially deaf and at 82 he could still understand what I was saying very clearly. I reasonably happy with the phone, and currently being a miserable old git allows me to to be hyper-critical.
The postage is fast as well.
This phone is ideal if you are not heavy user unlike my wife.