Profile for Jill Knight > Reviews

Content by Jill Knight

Jill Knight

Page: 1 | 2
Belkin F8N047 Neoprene Protective Sleeve for Laptops, Macbooks and Chromebooks up to 14 inch - Black/Red
Offered by T-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 5 Oct. 2010
I spotted one of these and thought it looked so much more convenient than my briefcase-style bag. It is. When I'm just moving from place to place, this is ideal - it's at a good price, too!

Come Dine With Me Presents: Dinner Party Songs
Come Dine With Me Presents: Dinner Party Songs
Offered by mrtopseller

3.0 out of 5 stars not bad, 5 Oct. 2010
This seems one of those forced themed collections - I can't imagine sitting through all of these tracks at a dinner party, I'd want to keep getting up to skip this one or that one, and I'm not even sure many would want to have a CD playing while they're talking. Having said that, the range here is decent, I like most of the selections and I'm happy to have them together on these discs. Just not when we're eating!

Breaking The Code: The Brandreth Diaries: Westminster Diaries, 1992-97
Breaking The Code: The Brandreth Diaries: Westminster Diaries, 1992-97
by Gyles Daubeney Brandreth

5.0 out of 5 stars a classic of its kind, 5 Oct. 2010
This is one of the most revealing political diaries I've read. It provides such a vivid picture of an era in British politics, and the real mechanics of the parliamentary system. On top of all of this it is very amusing and entertaining.

Something Sensational to Read in the Train: The Diary of a Lifetime
Something Sensational to Read in the Train: The Diary of a Lifetime
by Josephine Poole

5.0 out of 5 stars Engrossing, 5 Oct. 2010
I wasn't, by any stretch of the imagination, a Gyles Brandreth fan. But after reading an excerpt from this book I was intrigued, bought a copy, started reading it and couldn't stop. It's really a very good read - charming, cheeky, silly, sharp and surprisingly perceptive and wise at certain points. Some published diaries are very hit and miss affairs, with long periods of dull detail, but this one skips along at a lively pace and always works hard to keep you interested and entertained.

Powerball Signature Series Powerball - Transparent
Powerball Signature Series Powerball - Transparent

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 5 Oct. 2010
I actually bought this when someone recommended it for therapy for my painful wrist, which had been strained through typing. I was sceptical but it really helped. Just using it for a short time every day really helped. I'm sure this gadget has many 'fun' uses, but it does you good, too!

Frost On Saturday [DVD] [1968]
Frost On Saturday [DVD] [1968]
Dvd ~ David Frost

4.0 out of 5 stars Great nostalgia, 5 Oct. 2010
This disc contains some fascinating glimpses into the entertainment world of the time. John and Yoko at their most eagerly idealistic, comedians Bob Hope and Frankie Howerd in fine form, The Rolling Stones in GREAT form, and other performers ranging all the way from Dusty Springfield to Tessie O'Shea! Personally, I found Frost's interviewing technique extremely hit-and-miss, flitting from the fawning to the awkwardly clueless, so I didn't end up with any surer sense of his abilities, but the actual interviewees are so engaging I found this well worth the money.

Those Wonderful Comedians
Those Wonderful Comedians

4.0 out of 5 stars what memories!, 5 Oct. 2010
Max Miller, Robb Wilton and Co are here, captured in generally very good quality, all these years after they gave these performances. If you haven't heard these great comedians before, this collection is a good place to start. 'The Day War Broke Out' makes you laugh now the way Arthur Lowe and John le Mesurier make you laugh in repeats of Dad's Army. Timeless humour.

Norman Wisdom Collection [DVD]
Norman Wisdom Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Norman Wisdom

5.0 out of 5 stars The great entertainer, 5 Oct. 2010
How sad the great little man has left us. He gave us such unpretentious, hugely entertaining films, and his brilliant technique as a physical comedian continues to shine through in each one of these discs. You can show them to anyone. You can enjoy them with anyone.

Page: 1 | 2