Profile for L. Cooper > Reviews

Content by L. Cooper

L. Cooper "joga2323" (London, UK)

Celeste & Moon Night Light - Owl
Celeste & Moon Night Light - Owl
Offered by Baby Lurve

5.0 out of 5 stars Great night light, 17 Dec. 2014
We love this little light! I wanted a red night light but this one you can set it on different colours (including red) or let it cycle through the various colours. It's the perfect amount of light and if you want to take it to another room, you just take it off of the charger - no cords! We haven't had any issues with the plug or the charger. So five stars from us!

Daydream Butterfly Sleep Mask with Cool Pack
Daydream Butterfly Sleep Mask with Cool Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars I want a second one!, 10 Jan. 2014
This is the best sleeping mask! Totally blocks out the light and has two adjustable straps. The lining is very soft and it's very comfy to wear. Thinking about getting a second one just because I love it so much. Well worth the money!

Belkin Quilted Case with Stand for iPad Mini and iPad Mini 3 in Cream
Belkin Quilted Case with Stand for iPad Mini and iPad Mini 3 in Cream
Offered by BizTech

5.0 out of 5 stars Won't regret getting this case!, 18 Dec. 2013
I have had this case for a while. This case has stood the test of time, daily commuting and the hands of a very active 5 year old! It's feels so good in the hands because of the quilted outside. To me, it feels like a book when you hold it - which is a good thing. You can rest assured knowing that your iPad mini is safe and sound because it offers outstanding protection. It also puts the iPad to sleep when you close it. I LOVE THIS CASE!!

Tunturi Yoga Mesh Bag (Old Version)
Tunturi Yoga Mesh Bag (Old Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little bag, 25 Mar. 2011
Fon anyone concerned about the size of the bag it is 63 x 18 cm. My mat fits so it works great!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 16, 2011 11:28 AM BST

TrendyKid Shampoo Rinse Cup
TrendyKid Shampoo Rinse Cup

5.0 out of 5 stars No more bath time stress!!, 29 Jun. 2010
I was a little unsure about whether or not my toddler would sit still to have her head rinsed but this cup makes it so easy! I can even rinse her hair if she's sitting up in the bath with her head tilted only a slight bit and the water doesn't get anywhere near her face. It's much better than just a cup because of the bendy yellow bit. It follows the shape of the head and keeps the water out of the eyes. I would recommend this to any parent who struggles with the shampoo & rinse!

Bedtime with Woof: Woof Touch-and-feel (Woof Touch & Feel)
Bedtime with Woof: Woof Touch-and-feel (Woof Touch & Feel)
by Caroline Church

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for little ones, 13 Dec. 2008
We have been reading this book to our daughter since she was about 4 months old. The rhymes are short enough for a small attention span and the textures add a bit of interaction. She is now 15 months old and still loves it. We've bought the other 3 woof books but this is our favourite. Playtime with Woof would be our second favourite. Highly recommended for your little one!

Hell Among The Yearlings
Hell Among The Yearlings

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute MASTERPIECE!!, 24 Oct. 2004
I first heard of Gillian Welch through a BBC documentary when she performed 'Caleb Meyer' - the first track from this record. It's a haunting tale of rape and survival. It's an interesting dichotomy because the song itself is rather fast and upbeat and if you didn't know any better, you could sing along quite cheerfully to it.
Gillian carries on the true tradition of folk music - storytelling through song. The whole record isn't quite so dark but the songs have brought tears to my eyes - songs such as 'I'm Not Afraid to Die' and 'Miner's Refrain' with lyrics like "I'm down in a deep, dark hole".
Pure and simple, this is a REAL American folk music. Very, very special and must be heard!

Revival
Revival
Offered by trec002

5.0 out of 5 stars Like a breath of fresh air..., 24 Oct. 2004
This review is from: Revival (Audio CD)
This record was made in 1996 but it could have been made in 1930! Great songs throughout - "Tear My Stillhouse Down", "Orphan Girl", "One More Dollar", "By the Mark" - all timeless classics. I cringe when I think of Gillian being classified as "country" music as if she belongs in the same category as Garth Brooks. Gillian's music so gorgeously PURE. She and David Rawlings have gone back to the roots of country/US folk music and have shown us that there still is some SOUL left.