Profile for Anne Malaiti > Reviews

55F Womens Long Sleeved Ladies Peplum Tailored Mullet Blazer Jacket
55F Womens Long Sleeved Ladies Peplum Tailored Mullet Blazer Jacket
Price: £4.60 - £17.51

2.0 out of 5 stars Good Jacket, DOES NOT RUN SMALL, 13 Feb. 2013
Bought the size 10 after reading the reviews thinking it ran small and would fit me (usually size 8). This was not the case, it was too big and unflattering because of this. I had bought it because I wanted a tailored/fitted jacket, but a size 8 might even still be too big. If you don't want it form-fitting, buy a larger size, but buy your own size if you want it fitted. On the plus side, if it had fit it would be a great jacket & price.

I Don't Know How She Does It
I Don't Know How She Does It
by Allison Pearson

2.0 out of 5 stars This book missed the mark for me, 4 Oct. 2011
Heard that the film version of this is good and thought I would give the book a try, imagining a fast and enjoyable read. Got bored reading it, I am a working Mum, so I thought I might find subjects I could relate to in this book, but I found it too light and could not find much depth in the writing.

The Tiger's Wife
The Tiger's Wife
by Tea Obreht

4.0 out of 5 stars stories within stories, uncovering parts of a culture - worth reading, 23 Sept. 2011
This review is from: The Tiger's Wife (Paperback)
This book was not an easy read, had to concentrate especially for the first half, but it was worth the effort. It was chosen for our book club read and not everyone managed to complete it in time. Many layers of stories and folklore here. The Deathless Man was a haunting character and the subject of superstition and prejudice were handled well showing how fear can drive people to terrible deeds. Worth reading!

Solar
Solar
by Ian McEwan

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book worth a read, 18 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Solar (Paperback)
Enjoyed this book very much, funny and clever. The main character is brilliantly drawn and the scene in the snow when he worries about a piece of his anatomy, is very funny. A pleasure to read.

A Kind of Intimacy
A Kind of Intimacy
by Jenn Ashworth

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a satisfying read but very uncomfortable to read and gives you nothing, 30 Aug. 2011
This review is from: A Kind of Intimacy (Paperback)
I chose this book for our book club to read based on a recommendation. I think the book could have been much more successful if it was a bit more subtle. The character, Annie, is morbidly obese and delusional. Speaking to us in the first person I think it would have worked much more effectively if she had maintained all the appearances of normality, (been of normal size) so we the reader could have also been deluded into believing in her, until the bitter end. There are sparks of something that could be good in this book, but it doesn't work and in the end is unfortunately a disappointing read and not one I would recommend, it is a waste of time.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 14, 2012 9:17 PM BST