Profile for M.White > Reviews

Content by M.White

M.White "martinwhite" (Wigan, England)

Forza Motorsport 2 (Xbox 360)
Forza Motorsport 2 (Xbox 360)
Offered by Ace Goods Co. Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Forza is by far the best driving game out, 6 Jan. 2008
The car handling is best compared to the Gran Turismo series and I can honestly say that Forza 2 comes out on top. Not by much, but there is definitely a bit more "feel" in the cars when playing Forza 2. Also the damage model adds a welcome dose of realism when compared to Gran Turismo which obviously has none. Rumour circulated for a long time that the car manufacturers would not let Sony "damage" their cars in games which is why there was no damage model built into any Gran Turismo games. I recently saw a video on "you tube" by one of the developers of Forza 2 who said this was "total crap" and that once a games manufacturer has the car licence they can pretty much do with it whatever they want.

Forza 2 is by no means perfect though. Some of the tracks feel a bit flat and a lot of them feel as if they are just tracks with the odd spectator stand built in random places around the circuit. Nott many of the circuits seem to have any real depth or character. When compared to "Toca race driver 3" on the PS2 I can't help feeling that the 360 is not really being pushed to the limits in the graphics department. It is also disappointing to see that all the races are in perfect conditions and there are no changes in the weather. It would have been fun trying to control a Ferrari Enzo in the pouring rain around Silverstone for example.

Another problem is the way some of the tournaments are structured. A lot of them are three race series and rather than a points system, you need to win each race to win the tournament. For a game which prides itself on realism I can't think of any motor sport where you need to win every race rather than have the most points at the end of it.

Little niggles aside this is an essential purchase for lovers of car games. There are so many races that you will literally be playing this for months.

One word of warning, don't be tempted to pay the extra money for the limited edition. The book enclosed has interviews with the developers, some car/manufacturer history and driving tips. It doesn't tell you anything you couldn't easily find on the internet and the three extra cars are not really worth the extra money.

Exit (PSP)
Exit (PSP)

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't judge a book by its cover... well game by its cover, 2 Feb. 2007
This review is from: Exit (PSP) (Video Game)
I bought this game and from the start enjoyed it. At first however (before I bought the game) I thought that the graphics looked 'tacky' or 'of poor quality' but as I saw AMAZON had reduced the price I decided to take the gamble. I recieved the game and put it straight into my PSP. I was surprised at how satisfied I was with it. The gameplay was excellent. The game could have easily been spoiled but the good gameplay and most of all deep thought gone into the game made it great! The game like I said was well thought about , the levels are really challanging and I have still not completed the game.

Back to the graphics, the graphics I found blended in with the style of the game. The designers did not make the game for awards but for fun and entertainment which is what made the game what it is, excellent

The game is worthy of 5*s, Mr.ESC's puzzled world will be the best puzzled world on the PSP for a long time.
[...]

MX vs. ATV: On the Edge (PSP)
MX vs. ATV: On the Edge (PSP)

5.0 out of 5 stars The best PSP game out !!!!!, 20 Jan. 2007
I looked at this for some time wondering whether I should buy MX vs ATV. But I was wrong to wonder! If I would have known how good this game was I would have bought it straight away! This is the only game that goes into my PSP now!

There is so much to unlock from Golf Carts to Monster Trucks this game has it all. Also with loads of tricks to perform. Do them in races or go Freestyle, its up to you.

Race with the Mx's or with the ATV's its your choice

Exellent game with no downsides
*****
Buy it!

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (PSP)
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (PSP)
Offered by Gameseek

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best PSP games, 23 Dec. 2006
Vice City is one of the best PSP games by far. The gameplay is very similar to San Andreas. The ability to swim, fly planes, and do loads of mini - games. The game has very good missions although I am only on the first part of the second island.

The ability to control your own company is good. It is a good way to earn money. Exept the downside, it gets frequently bombed...

The game is just like San Andreas for the PSP. Making Vice City Stories one of the best Rockstar Games to date

*****