Profile for Celticprincess > Reviews

Content by Celticprincess
Top Reviewer Ranking: 94

Celticprincess "What you send out, comes back to thee thricefold" (Scotland, United Kingdom)
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Milk Bottle with Lid 1ltr | Glass Milk Bottles, Vintage Milk Bottles, Retro Milk Bottles, School Milk Bottles
Offered by Revelation At Home

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for storing a bottle of milk in the fridge. Beautifully made, adorable baby pink top which fits perfectly. Delighted! A+, 26 Feb. 2015
Just what I was looking for, a glass milk bottle that fit in my fridge door perfectly. I wanted to be able to put cartoned milk into a bottle as poring milk from supermarket cartons can cause a few spills when making a cuppa etc. No such problem with this lovely bottle.

It arrived very well packed which I would expect as its all glass and there was no damage on arrival. The baby pink lid fits perfectly and means I can lid my milk when its in the fridge, which is ideal.

Totally delighted with it and so will you be if you are looking for something like this.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED !!

Kitchen Craft Microwave 900ml Saucepan
Kitchen Craft Microwave 900ml Saucepan

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for cooking veg and warming up cans of beans or spaghetti in the microwave etc. No staining and easy to drain fluids., 26 Feb. 2015
Great little microwave pan, works a treat.

When it arrived I was initially disappointed. It felt like it was constructed from a very cheap plastic. You know the kind, feels hard, no bend at all, but very light. My first thought was ugh!

However, I decided to try it out in the microwave as there were so many positive reviews on here for it and also there were no other microwave pans available to buy from here, so if I sent it back, I wouldn't have one and I needed one.

Well, its a dream to use. I have used it so far to cook Carrots & Broccoli in the microwave and other vegetables. Its great for warming up a can of sweetcorn and perfect for that tin of beans you need to heat.

No stains, you can vent with the lid and it has pouring lips which meant that when I had heated up my can of sweetcorn, I could just twist the lid a little, to expose the tiny gaps and pour out the water. No need to cause extra washing up by needing to use a colander to drain.

So, whilst it feels quite cheaply made, its a cracking little microwave pan.

RECOMMENDED!

12 Packs Of Suki Tissues
12 Packs Of Suki Tissues
Offered by Dotcomgiftshop

2.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous design, poor quality tissues that are rough and harsh, not soft like Kleenex. Not good enough for the price at all., 26 Feb. 2015
Love the pattern on them, its beautiful .... but the tissues themselves are very poor quality. They are harsh, rough, not gentle at all for blowing your nose or dabbing your lipstick etc. They are not by any stretch of the imagination Kleenex.

I was wholly disappointed in the quality and can not recommend this brand of tissues.

They LOOK nice but they are cheaply made, poor quality, Not nice.

They arrived well packed and presented but on the whole a poor quality experience.

TaoTronics® LED Camping Lantern Ultra Bright Lamp Collapsible Light Weight Water Resistant Flashlight Lighting Suitable for Camping, Hiking, Fishing, Outdoor Adventures, Emergencies, Hurricanes, Outages
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this, its the perfect LED lamp. Collapsable, cute! bright and easy to enjoy both indoors and outdoors, one of my favs!, 22 Feb. 2015
I am a keen outdoor enthusiast and currently own quite a few LED lanterns, for use both outdoors on summer evenings or when having summer evening picnics etc. or when I suffer the infrequent power cuts that living in a rural community brings.

When I was asked to review this LED lantern I happily accepted as you can never have too many LED lanterns in my opinion, but I didn’t think I would like it much as I have so far only ever been used to solid state LED lanterns. I wondered at the possible build quality of a collapsable lantern and if it would indeed be functional to the point that I would like it. My fears were unfounded, this is just awesome! And the build quality is phenomenal. The product picture up here does not in any way do this gorgeous lantern justice. My hubby tried to get this off me as he loves it and wanted it for his backpack, but no way am I giving this away. I’m currently using it on my bedside table as a lamp to read by at night, just because I can. Its so cute!!! and it can also be used as a torch! Its great ☺ You’re gonna love it as much as I do.

It is crafted from a strong black and orange plastic and nylon mesh which is both sturdy and strong. Excellent build quality I must say. This ingenious LED lantern actually folds down to virtually nothing (can fit in a pocket or bag very easily) and opens to turn itself into a glorious lantern! It also has several modes for the light. Normal bean, dimmed and also it can flash for emergency situations etc. There is also a handle which is fitted into the bottom that you can just pop out to enable you to hang it up. I’ve used this hung up in my kitchen hung on a ceiling hook to light my kitchen during a power cut last week when we had the bad weather again. I made sandwiches and read my Kindle by it, its perfect.

I cannot rate this highly enough. Its unique, fun, quirky, looks fab and works a treat. A must buy if you like LED lanterns.

NOTE: I was contacted directly and was sent this product for free. I was asked to use it fully and to write an honest, unbiased review. My being given a free item in no way influenced my review of this product.

Dotcomgiftshop Rambling Rose Hardshell Glasses Case & Cleaning Cloth
Dotcomgiftshop Rambling Rose Hardshell Glasses Case & Cleaning Cloth
Offered by Dotcomgiftshop

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb quality build, gorgeous design, fits my expensive reading glasses perfectly and protects them beautifully A++++, 20 Feb. 2015
Bought this as the case that came with my reading glasses had broken, the spring to close it had just stopped working, so looked around for a replacement case.

I chose this due to the design and the positive feedback left by other buyers.

Gorgeous case! the hinge snaps shut beautifully, totally closed, no gaps (as can happen with other cases, not quality one's like this) and the pattern is a delight and perfect for Spring.

Fits my reading glasses perfectly, no space for moving about too much which would risk damage etc, but room to breathe lol

Would not fit regular larger glasses, but that didn't apply here.

I am delighted! In every way. The frames for my reading lenses cost me just shy of £200 so I wanted and needed a hard case that was good enough in every way to protect them. This case is spot on.

The pattern is gorgeous and the hinge snaps tightly shut with a satisfying *click* which shows a quality hinge and build.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED !!!!

Camping Lantern Lamp Light Lighting
Camping Lantern Lamp Light Lighting
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique design, great light output, superb quality construction, shower-proof, its superb for me in a rural setting A++++, 19 Feb. 2015
This is one of my favourite LED lanterns now I have it in my possession and I've been using it for a few weeks. I already had 4 other LED lanterns (different brands) as I live in a rural place that unfortunately suffers from frequent power cuts when the weather is dodgy. But when I was offered the chance to review this one, I jumped at the chance as you can never have too many LED lanterns where I live.

Its great! A unique feature of this one is that there is no on/off switch. The light coming on and going off is controlled by merely raising the top by pulling it up with the metal handles. The handles fold down when its not in use to make it easier and smaller to both pack and to store.

The lantern is powered by 3 AA batteries and the light it emits is powerful and lights a room in my house easily, for comfort and safely during power cuts. It would also be ideal for camping as you could hang it by its metal handles in your tent for full illumination. I am always surprised by how good these LED lanterns are and every one I get my hands on seems more improved than the rest. Its a cracker this one!

This lantern is showerproof so if you are using it outside (hung from a tree branch on a late-evening summer picnic for example, I've done that!) it going to be quite safe in light rain.

The lantern is made from a strong and sturdy plastic which is both light to use and of a superb build quality.

I've uploaded a couple of pictures for you to see how good it is. I am really delighted with it and its currently one of my favourite LED lanterns.

Excellent light output, great battery life, shower proof, fab build quality, unique design and looks great! Love it!

I've been testing it and using it for several weeks now and I highly recommend it to you.

Great value and a great LED lantern.

TaoTronics® Pet UV Urine Detector Flashlight / Blacklight
TaoTronics® Pet UV Urine Detector Flashlight / Blacklight
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for pet owners everywhere. You'll be amazed at what you can see with this. Powerful, sturdily made, easy to use., 17 Feb. 2015
This is a cracking wee Pet UV flashlight! When I was asked to review this product I jumped at the chance as I have 2 cats and have long suspected that they have had little mistakes on the carpet near their litter box.

I was very impressed upon my initial inspection. It is crafted from strong and sturdy aluminium just like my larger LED Lenser Police Tech and keyring torches. Also, like my LED Lenser Police Tech torch the button is on the end, which makes this Pet UV flashlight incredibly easy to handle when switching on and off etc. Just hold it and use your thumb to switch it on and off.

The flashlight head houses 12 UV LED’s which show up remarkable things when you direct it at your carpets or your clothes. Once I got started going around the house hunting out stains with this I couldn’t stop. Thankfully I only found a few marks which I suspect are urine and once they had been located, I was able to scrub them away. They had not been visible to the naked eye, so were undetectable prior to me using this UV Urine detecting flashlight.

There is a handy wrist strap and it comes complete with 3 AAA batteries which is great. Meant I could get down to using it straight away. The results are at their best when used in the dark which shows up any stains perfectly. You do need to hold the flashlight close to the area you are inspecting (say, the carpet) and the very strong deep blue light illuminates any stains that may be there. The beam is good and strong and rather ghostlike, which is fun.

As well as being ideal for pet owners this will be ideal for checking laundry and bedding if you like to be sure you’re getting into a spotless bed when staying away from home. Because of its neat size its going to be easy to pop into a travel bag or just to keep in your pocket.

It comes in easy to open packaging and seems incredibly good value for money on account of its quality build, look and superb functionality. It does what it is supposed to do and does it very well indeed.

Really glad I got this, it will be invaluable as a pet owner.

RECOMMENDED!

Cheesecloth Unbleached Filter Butter Muslin Quality for Strainer and Bags (6 Square Yards)
Offered by Grabbits

5.0 out of 5 stars A super-strong, super-fine unbleached Cheesecloth that helps make making cheese a breeze! So many uses around the home A++++, 14 Feb. 2015
This is a superb quality cheesecloth that’s arrives in lovely see-through packaging and is a delightful ‘natural’ shade in colour. I was pleased to see that it is exceptionally finely woven which is essential for me when I make cheeses, jams and jellies etc.

Its strength and quality coupled with a very high thread count means it can be washed and re-used many times over, so its also very economical in use. No more throwing away once I have made my cheese or strained my summer jellies. Prior to using for the first time, I cut off the length I required and hand washed it. I then hung it on my airer for a few hours in front of the wood burner and then it was dry and ready to use.

I made farmhouse cheese with it today and it was fabulous. I was able to strain every last drop of whey into the bowl, leaving a perfectly dry round of delicious home-made farmhouse style cheese. Very tasty it is too, though I have to wait till tomorrow to be able to eat it as its now chilling in the fridge. I’ve uploaded some pictures so you can see the cheesecloth in use.

Its a huge packet! A whole 5 1/2 metres by an impressive 1 meter. It should be big enough for all your needs and I anticipate this lasting me almost forever as I can wash it and reuse it and its so strong.

Another thing I will use some of this for is making little Bouquet Garni bags and also Spice Bags for when I make mulled wine at Christmas. Its uses are pretty endless and are only limited by the imagination. A friend told me that cheesecloth is great for cleaning glass, so maybe I’ll cut a length off to use for keeping my TV screen clear, but that’s a job for tomorrow.

Overall I am 100% happy with the quality of this cheesecloth. I think it’s the best I’ve ever had available to me to use and its certainly the biggest packet, so will be the longest lasting. I think its excellent value for money and I will enjoy using it to make cheese, jellies and for countless other tasks around the house.

Very pleased ☺

RECOMMENDED !!

Comment Comment | Permalink

KINGLAKE® 24Pcs Makeup Brush Set Latest New Horse Hair Professional Makeup Cosmetics Brushes Set Kits with White Cream-colored Case Bag (24PCS)
Offered by KLTMALL

5.0 out of 5 stars Phenomenal value, beautifully presented, super-soft horse hair brushes, huge 24 piece collection, I seriously love it! A+++, 14 Feb. 2015
When I was offered the chance to review this 24 piece make-up brush set I was delighted to accept. Firstly, it was described as ‘Professional’ so I was expecting an exceptionally high standard of build quality and functionality and secondly it came with its own pretty looking case to house the brush collection.

I use make-up brushes every day to apply my make-up and have quite a big collection of them from top-end premium range brushes down to cheaper one’s. I’ve found that price is not always a good indicator of quality! and you can really only know how good a make-up brush set is when you get it into your hands, you handle it and inspect it and you then use it to apply your make-up.

My first thoughts on this sets arrival was a big ‘wow’ at the carrying/storage case. Really excellent quality! It unwraps to display your brushes in all their glory (easy to choose which one you want as they are spaced well and are perfectly visible when your case is opened) and the case itself when wrapped and closed resembles a high-quality clutch bag! They have spared nothing when creating the case and that inspired my confidence as to the brushes quality, even before I used them for the first time. The case closes with a neat and secure press stud. So its not going to come open and your brushes won’t be falling out. The case is fashioned in a cool and classy cream colour. I really, really like it! Neat, easy to carry, functional and pretty.

The brushes - well, they are superb quality. I have used so far about half of them, there are so many brushes you’ll wonder how to use all of them. There’s a brush for applying blusher (love that one!) powder brushes, eye-liner, brow-liner, lip-liner, foundation applicator, eyelash separator and it goes on. There is a brush for every conceivable need. The hair used in the brushes is horse hair. Its incredibly soft but, and this is the important bit - it collects and holds your powders in well. The horse hair is so tender on the skin, when I am applying my blusher its like being stroked by a silken finger.

The whole set is just plain awesome and like I say, I have some pretty expensive make-up brushes in my collection from the top cosmetic houses and this set is easily comparable in quality. One of my Mac brushes cost not much less than this whole set. Its phenomenal value! I’m thinking I wished I’d come across this a while ago, I wouldn’t have spent so much on individual brushes from different manufacturers and saved myself a shed-load of money.

I kid you not, you will love this! and if you are looking for a great gift for someone special to you, then you will not go far wrong buying this. If she’s female and she wears make-up, she will love it!

This set would be ideal for a beautician’s use or for personal use and I repeat, I cannot believe the selling price for the quality, presentation and the superb quality carrying and storage case.

I am so happy to give this product 10/10 and highly recommend it to you. I’m also really pleased I was chosen to review it as its now mine ☺

I’ve uploaded a couple of pictures so you can see how good it looks in real life. You’ll have to get it into your hands to feel how truly soft and gentle the horse hair brushes are ☺

Love it !!!!!!!!

It also comes with a free complimentary powder puff which is perfect for touching up your powder when on the move. Nice!

Bear Grylls Men's Mountain Jacket - Black/Black Pepper, Large
Bear Grylls Men's Mountain Jacket - Black/Black Pepper, Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, excellent value, water resistant, comfortable and easy and light to pack. Super jacket!, 12 Feb. 2015
I bought this jacket for my hubby for his birthday in the January sales and at the price I paid for it, it was the ultimate bargain! We both love the Bear Grylls range and this jacket is a fab addition to my hubby's collection.

Well made, stylish and looks good - heard wearing, warm, waterproof (not water resistant as other reviewers have said!) breathable and also easy to pack when travelling.

Excellent buy!

A quality hard working all-year-round Mountain Jacket.

Love Bear Grylls stuff!