Profile for Celticprincess > Reviews

Content by Celticprincess
Top Reviewer Ranking: 84

Celticprincess "What you send out, comes back to thee thricefold" (Scotland, United Kingdom)
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
KKmoon Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Car Kit Hands Free Speakerphone Solar Powered Speaker Phone Handsfree + Car Charger
Offered by ilastore-eu

5.0 out of 5 stars Crystal clear calls, handsfree in my car and it charges by solar, USB or 12V socket. Looks nice too!, 7 July 2015
This Wireless Bluetooth Hands Free Speakerphone has been fitted onto the sun visor of my car for the past week or so and having used it more than a few times already, I’m wondering how I used to manage without it before it arrived. Well, I just had to ignore my iPhone’s ringing which was sometimes very inconvenient indeed.

I was pleased with the build quality when I inspected it and saw that there were two ways to fit it into your car. The unit ships with 3 little suction pads that can be pushed into predefined slots in the base of the unit, to attach securely to your dash or you can do what I did and use the metal fitment to attach it to your sun visor.

Before putting it in my car I charged it via the mains in the house using the supplied USB charging cable. The small instruction leaflet included in the box suggests that prior to your first use of the unit that you charge it for a full 3 hours. I was pleased to see that you can also charge this via the 12V socket in your car, so either way you are not going to be without power to the unit.

To use, this speakerphone is simplicity itself. When your phone rings just say YES and it answers the call. No hands required and the callers number is read out by the unit so you know (if you recognise numbers like I do) who exactly is calling you. If you don’t want to talk to them, simply say NO and the call is rejected. You can also answer calls by pressing the multi-function button on the unit if you choose to.

You can control the volume of the unit with the up and down buttons and I find the volume in my car is more than adequate for my needs. The units advanced DSP (echo cancellation and noise suppression) feature is continuing to give me crystal clear and enjoyable calls.

The unit has internally a 600Ah rechargeable Li-Polymer battery and also a high performance solar panel. I have as yet had to recharge my unit by the mains as what I’ve been doing is just leaving the unit facing the sun in my car and everything is working perfectly.

On a full charge the unit offers talk time of around 16 hours and a huge 40 days standby time. Pretty impressive. Overall this handsfree speaker has made my life a whole lot easier since I’ve been using it and I am very pleased with it.

I have used and continue to use this unit with an iPhone 5s. The phone will pair with up to 2 mobile phones which is excellent as some people have a work phone as well as a personal phone. The unit also warns you if your battery is low with an audible announcement.

All in all its a great bit of kit, its working flawlessly for me and I am enjoying using it. It seems well designed and constructed and looks rather nice clipped onto my sun visor.

NOTE: I was contacted directly and was sent this product for free. I was asked to use it fully and to write an honest, unbiased review. My being given a free item in no way influenced my review of this product.
Comment Comment | Permalink

OZ Naturals Facial Cleanser - This Natural Face Wash Is A Superior Cleanser That Deep Cleans & Soothes Your Face With Ocean Minerals, Organic Botanicals, Vitamin E and Rose Hip Oil. This Facial Cleanser Is Highly Effective At Renewing Skin & Stimulating Cellular Regeneration For That Healthy, Refreshing Glow.
Offered by OZ Naturals EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely face wash that leaves my skin clean, clear, healthy and fresh looking., 7 July 2015
For the past few years I’ve been using a cream cleanser that you apply with cotton wool to cleanse my face, either that or a facial wash bar if I wanted the feeling of water on my face. Both cleansed my skin well and left my skin comfortable and not dry, but this Ocean Minerals Facial Cleanser has been a vast improvement on both those methods of cleansing since it arrived for review, plus I only need use the one product to get good results.

I liked the fact that its a facial wash that would not only deep clean my face but also would soothe it and care for my skin as it cleaned. I’ve used several products from the OZ Naturals range so far and have been delighted with them all, they are made in the USA in a state of the art facility that is FDA registered and all their products are designed to work together to achieve the best anti-ageing results its possible to get from skin care products. I have been using this face wash alongside a serum and a toner and together they are working beautifully to keep my skin lovely.

The facial wash is presented in a high quality tube and you squeeze the product into your hand and you really don’t need a lot! The first time I used it I think I dispensed way too much. You can usually tell the quality of a product by how much you need to use to get good results and this facial wash is very concentrated, so only a little is needed.

I was also delighted to see that it doesn’t contain any parabens at all. I dislike any skin care products that contain parabens. It doesn’t contain any alcohol either, but that doesn’t bother me much at all, though it may be a preference of yours to avoid products containing alcohol. The good things it does contain include ocean minerals, vitamin E (a favourite ingredient of mine) and rose hip oil. Together, this crystal clear gel is the perfect facial wash to both deep clean, care for and refresh the skin.

I don’t know much about the use of ocean minerals in skin care but I am reassured after doing a bit of my own research that they do nothing but good for the skin. They can help to clear blemishes (which I do suffer from occasionally if I am tardy with my skin care) by keeping the pores clear and also rough, dry patches. After using it for a while to cleanse my skin morning and night I have found my skin to be in extremely good condition, no dry patches and no blemishes. Its a joy to use and as I don’t need very much product at all its going to last a long time. The tube is 118ml (4oz) in size.

This cleanser leaves no dulling residue once rinsed off and doesn’t take much rinsing either. It lathers well but not too much and I like the fresh and clean feeling this cleanser gives my skin. I usually follow on with a serum and then a Vitamin C spray toner and I am very happy with how my skin behaves with this regime. It works for me. I really like this face wash.

I received this product in exchange for an honest review, this has not influenced my review in any way, which is my honest experience of using it.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Zicac Mens Canvas Messenger Shoulder Bag Handbags Black and Brown Color (Brown)
Zicac Mens Canvas Messenger Shoulder Bag Handbags Black and Brown Color (Brown)
Offered by kastonecorp

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality mens messenger bag. Spacious, easy to carry, strong webbing strap. Suitable for work or play., 6 July 2015
I was delighted to be able to review this mens canvas messenger bag as I knew just the person to test it for me, my hubby. But before I passed it to him to use I inspected it thoroughly, to check the manufacturing quality of the bag - the material, the zips, the stitching, the leather.

The bag is constructed very well with sturdy good quality zips. The leather sections (front flap lower and zip pull) are indeed real leather, not PU leather and its of good quality. I like the smell of leather! The strap is a webbing strap that is also of a good quality and appears to be very durable. I have lots of outdoor bags that have webbing straps and I am particularly fond of this type of strap, its hard wearing and can take a bit of rough and tumble without showing wear.

The canvas body is a good quality construction once again and reminds me a lot of one of my Barbour Tarras bags. I like this bag and even though its officially a Man’s Messenger Bag, this could also be highly suitable for an outdoor style bag for females too, who don’t mind using a bag that could be considered unisex. But its meant for men so he’s got it, mwah! The shoulder strap is adjustable and is plenty long enough to sling it over your shoulder or cross body and it hangs well. It looks really nice on my hubby.

This is a very practical bag and could be used by the country set, city types (would look good with a suit in my opinion!) and also for fishermen or outdoor types. My hubby decided as soon as he saw this that it was his ‘go to’ bag from now on for taking out food, drinks, his mobile phone, keys, wallet etc. when we go out locally or for days out etc. To put it through its paces we packed it with 2 sandwich boxes, drinks bottles, and the rest of his stuff and took it out with us on a hike yesterday. Most of the stuff he packed into it fit in the central main body compartment of the bag, its very roomy and what it holds is surprising! I think its big enough to hold what you want to put into it. We got everything we wanted to take out with us in it. We also put 2 bags of crisps in the front zippered pocket (for easy access, I like crisps)

This bag is also ideal in my opinion for long-haul flights etc. as you should be able to pack everything you need in here for your journey, from a Kindle to snacks to hand wipes etc. The internal zippered pocket and external press stud fastening one are both ideal for storing documents, passports etc.

Just like my Barbour bags, this canvas messenger bag will look better and better the more you use it, bags like this age beautifully over the years and look better and better once you’ve broken them in and made them yours.

I’d guess men of any age from late teens to the more mature man would love this bag. Its colour (I reviewed the Brown) means it would team with any colour or style of clothing and will look just as good worn with a fisherman’s chunky jumper as a smart city suit.

Excellent Messenger bag! Hubby is extremely pleased with it, he’ll be taking this everywhere from now on. At least I can give him stuff to carry now as normally I get stuck putting everything in my bag, now he’s got his own! And I like it which is a big plus.

Comment Comment | Permalink

Koolertron Professional Women Nylon Camera Case / Backpack For SLR DSLR Canon Nikon Camera Shoulder Bag Canon 60D, 70D, 100D, 45OD, 500D, 550D, 600D, 650D, 700D, 7D, 6D, 5D2, 5D3 Nikon D90, D3100, D3200, D5100
Offered by kastonecorp

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality camera backpack that holds a surprising amount of kit and comes with its own rain protector cover. Delighted., 6 July 2015
As a photographer I have a serious amount of kit. Though I rarely take all my lenses out on any particular shoot or trip, my camera backpack needs to be able to carry securely at least 3 lenses, possibly my speed light and of course my camera body, filters and spare lithium ion batteries etc. So, when I look at camera bags I look at how much they can hold, how comfortable the pack is to carry - as my gear is heavy and also how protected my equipment is as its all very expensive, some of my lenses having cost more than my DSLR body etc. I’m carrying a lot of money in my pack and equipment that is very important to me, so I need quality, durability, safety and I need it to look good! I don’t ask a lot do I? well yes, I do.

This camera backpack by Koolertron delivers all that I am looking for in a camera backpack. I am delighted I was chosen to review it and to ensure it was tested thoroughly I packed it full of the kit I chose to take out with me yesterday and took it on a 5 mile trek, during which it rained. You’ll be pleased to know that this camera backpack comes with its own rain cover that fits perfectly over the pack and protects the equipment inside your bag 100% from rain. Its neatly folded flat and hidden inside a small pocket at the base of the bag, so its always with you, even if you have gone out on a shoot on a bright sunny day and suddenly it starts to rain, its there when you need it and it can be put on in seconds.

When it started to rain I simply shrugged my backpack off, took out the cover, put it over my pack, put my pack back on, off I went. I like the cover, a similar cover I bought separately for my other camera backpack cost me over fifteen pounds! You get a great quality rain cover in with this bag free! Excellent! The only way the cover could be improved would be to add a fluorescent strip across it which would mean you are visible to oncoming traffic should you be out in the dark, but that’s just a personal addition I would like to see. The cover is ideal as it is, it just won’t be visible at night.

The bag itself is constructed from a good quality waterproof nylon which is very well made. I thoroughly inspected it prior to loading my kit into it, as poorly sewn seams or bad stitching would mean my kit could fall out. The manufacturing quality of this bag is excellent! Its a premium quality bag that meets my high standards and I am extremely picky about stitching and zips! Its good here, very pleased with it.

The bag although appearing compact and extremely comfortable to carry, holds a surprising amount of kit. The main section held my Nikon D5300 and my Nikon Speedlight comfortably. I took 2 of the section dividers out so that I had one large section for my DSLR and one for the Speedlight. The top section of the bag I used to carry my fleece jacket for if the weather turned cold as well as wet. I only took one lens out with me yesterday and that zoom lens fit into the main section of the bag whilst attached to my DSLR body, so it was good to go as soon as I took it out.

The top section easily fit my dedicated Macro and Fisheye lenses in their respective cases should I have wanted to take those out with me too. I didn’t, but its good to know I can carry 2 lenses plus my camera with a lens on. So, this camera bag has, in my opinion, capacity to take 3 lenses with you plus your DSLR body. Your camera may be smaller than mine though, so you may pack even more into it.

The camera bag has internal dimensions of 30CM x 17CM x 42CM

It is very comfortable to wear and to carry. I slipped the strong but comfortable straps over my shoulders then adjusted the webbing straps so that the pack fit close to my back and was comfortable. I had no issues with discomfort at all when I was trekking nor when I stopped, slipped my pack off and took my camera out to use. Its a great pack! As the back of the camera pack is netted and padded, its good for ventilation should you sweat whilst out hiking, walking, climbing etc. whilst wearing your pack, whilst also being very comfortable to carry. Its been thoughtfully designed with the photographer in mind.

As purple is one of my favourite colours I was delighted to be able to review the purple model. Its a lovely shade of purple and should appeal to everyone out there.

The leather sections of the pack are not real leather, they are PU leather which is perfect for a camera pack as it may encounter rain and real leather does not do well in rain, unless you use a waterproofing. This pack is easy to sponge down if you get any dirt on it when placing it down on the ground whilst out and about, so its easy to keep clean and looking good, use after use.

So, overall I am extremely happy with this camera bag and will use it to take out on day shoots, hiking trips and also when we go off for the day exploring new places. Its comfy to wear, well made, looks good and holds a surprising amount of kit. What is a total surprise is the price, lower than I would expect for a pack of this quality.

Comment Comment | Permalink

TECEVO S15 Mini Portable Outdoor Bluetooth Speaker With Microphone , IPX4 Waterproof , Shockproof , Dustproof , Rechargeable Battery , Wireless Portable Bluetooth Speaker for Travel, Work, Hiking, Beach / Marine Wireless Speaker / Rugged Bluetooth Speaker with Built-in Mic and Handsfree Speakerphone for Apple iPhone 6 Plus / 6 / 5S / 5C / 5 / 4S / 4, Smartphones & Tablets (Green)

5.0 out of 5 stars A gorgeous rugged beast of a speaker that can play rough and with crystal clear sound. My new best friend when out in the wilds., 5 July 2015
My new best friend out in the wilds of Scotland! I seriously love this awesome Olive Green Bluetooth Speaker. Its been all over the place with me already.

When I was asked to review this speaker I immediately chose the gorgeous Green (its the perfect military Olive Green shade) as I knew this speaker would be going out hiking, climbing, walking, fishing, picnicking and all sorts of stuff outdoors with me this summer and future summers. Hey, I live in Scotland and occasionally it has been known to rain in Scotland, so the fact that this awesome speaker is IPX4 waterproof is an essential for any outdoor speaker worth its salt. When I was out last night on a 5 mile pre-dinner hike it did actually shower and as the shower started my speaker was hanging happily from a tree blasting out an album by Nightwish and the rain bothered this speaker not! It was good to be able to test its waterproofness within a few days of owning it. My hair however, didn’t fare so well in the short downpour.

This is a beautiful, rugged beast of a speaker which is perfect for all outdoor types like me who need a speaker that can handle a bit of rough and tumble and still survive to see another day. The minute I held this in my hands after taking it out of the box I just knew our boys and girls of the military would love this speaker. Perfect to pack into your Bergen and a treat to listen to as you take a rest and pull up the sandbags! If you’re in the military or you are the husband/wife of someone in the military, this would be THE perfect gift for them. The box it arrives in is superb, certainly gift quality and displaying a picture of whats inside, man it looks good even on the box!

Inside this speaker is a superbly powerful lithium ion battery that offers a splendid 10 hours of use before a recharge is necessary. I’ve played this for hours and hours and no sign of a charge needed yet. That’s what I needed, an outdoor speaker that seemingly lasts forever and can last for full day and night hikes. I’m climbing up the side of a waterfall next weekend and this is going with me, even if it rains cats and dogs me and this speaker will be having much fun.

I simply love the rubber wrist strap, its so versatile out in the wilds. It stretches! so that meant I could loop it over even thick tree branches to hang it as we took a break for juice and photographs. Music blaring, the sun shining, the sound of the river rushing by, awesome. That’s living and this speaker was the finishing touch. Not sure some fellow hikers liked my choice of gothic metal music though lol especially at the volume I was playing it. I also used that wrist strap to hang it from my wrist as I trudged happily along. I actually kept looking at my speaker, I’m a very visual person and I need things to look good and this looks great! Can you tell I really like it?

The build of the speaker is spot on for durability and longevity. Its rugged! and sexy! and can withstand drops and yes, I dropped it to see if it could cope and not a mark on it nor did the music even stop or stutter. Awesome! This can last the course, whatever you are doing.

Pairing the speaker with you smartphone be that Apple or Android is a breeze and it remembers the pairing. An instruction booklet is included in the box should you be unfamiliar with how to pair your speaker with your phone or your PC/Mac etc. You also get a 3.5mm AUX cable so you can connect directly to your speaker if you don’t have a Bluetooth enabled device. Of course, you also get a USB charging cable that you can use to charge your speaker via the USB port on your computer or via a USB wall charger as I choose to do, as charging is noticeably quicker that way. It feels great in the hand this speaker, just thought I’d mention that also.

Whilst it is showerproof, its not suitable to fully submerge it in water, so try not to drop it in the river but rain will be fine etc. Also, you could use this in the shower but it would be such a waste of a speaker that should be taken outdoors to have fun with. A rugged outdoor speaker looks great in the box, but that’s not what its built for, take it out to play.

The controls are easy to understand on the side of the unit and easy to operate with one hand whilst holding it with the same hand. I kept replaying a favourite track with the minus button to return it to playing the last track etc. as I hiked. It plays loud and the sound is crystal clear, no distortion even at full volume. Its a cracking speaker, it really is. When you have reached the maximum output volume of the speaker there is a beep to alert you, which is standard on most Bluetooth speakers I own.

For max volume, put your smartphone at max and this at max, its powerful and will not disappoint on sound quality or volume, of that I am sure. Internally is a powerful 5W speaker, this is where the fab crystal clear sound comes from and it has a superb Bluetooth range of 10m. My speaker was dangling in my hand most of the hike other than when I hung it from trees or dropped it casually onto the ground where we took a minutes rest and my iPhone was in my hubby’s backpack, We never once lost signal, even when I went off wandering to investigate something or to take pictures as I am prone to do.

The addition of a belt clip as well as the rubber wrist strap means you have a choice of how you carry or attach your speaker to yourself when out and about. The belt clip is strong and makes it ideal to clip to a utility belt or your backpack etc.

Overall I couldn’t be happier, I love this. Its perfect for military personnel, hikers, campers, bikers, climbers, walkers, family picnics, days out, visiting castles, whatever you do, wherever you go, this can go with you. I LOVE IT.

Its just awesome!

Oh yeah, you can also take calls from it when out and about and use it as a speakerphone. I won’t be doing that, anyone calls me when I am out hiking, I ignore them, I’m busy hehe.

Have fun with this speaker and for the price its selling at? wow! phenomenal value.

Comment Comment | Permalink

[Apple MFI Certified] aLLreLi 2.0M Apple Lightning to USB Cable [Heavy Duty] - Lightning Sync & Charge USB Cable with Nylon Braided Design - Perfect for iPhone 6 / 6 Plus / 5S / 5C / 5, iPad 4 / Air / Air 2 / Mini / Mini 2 / Mini 3, iPod 5th / nano 7th generation - Fully Compatible with iOS 9 - Black
Offered by ForPower(aLLreli TM)

5.0 out of 5 stars A superior, heavy duty, beautifully designed 6 foot cable that makes my iPad experience a better one all round. A+++, 4 July 2015
This is the first ‘heavy duty’ lightening USB cable I’ve had for my iPad and I have been using it constantly since it arrived. My first thought when I saw the cable itself was that it reminded me of the thick and strong heavy duty cables you get on British irons but just slimmer and of a better colour scheme. It looks really nice, I love the pattern of the cable. I was sent the 6ft model to review and that’s just the perfect length for when I am laid in bed using my iPad on my knee without having a struggle with shorter cables that only just meet the plug socket on the wall.

Its Apple Certified which is a must for me. My iPad 4 Retina cost a lot and no way would I put a charging cable of inferior quality or that wasn’t Apple Certified into it, its a given for any Apple user I think. Also, cables that are not certified normally would bring up errors from Apple themselves as they don’t like you using them either. This superb quality cable will work with any Apple device that has a lightening port, which includes my iPad and my iPhone 5s. Its also perfect for iPad Mini and the new all dancing iPhone 6.

In use the colourful and stylish design adds a touch of elegance to what is ultimately a boring item, a charging cable. When my hubby saw it plugged into and charging my iPad for the first time he said ‘That looks nice!’ and he rarely if ever comments on cables. It does look nice and it is a lot stronger feeling than other cables I have handled. In fact, it feels pretty indestructible. Its a sad fact of life that Apple cables are ridiculously expensive and usually built to inferior standards than for eg. this particular cable. I would throw away an Apple cable and replace it with this any day and that is exactly what I have done. This cable fits into my Apple white iPad adapter beautifully and looks really good, much better than the very thin and prone to breaking, Apple version.

The fact that this far superior cable will outlast by many a year an Apple cable is an aside, what is important is that its cheaper than the inferior Apple model too! It doesn’t get much better than that really, for me. I feel safe and secure with this cable, its built to last and to protect my investment with all the usual safety features, which is why its Apple Certified.

You can’t go wrong with this 6 foot charging cable, it makes life a whole lot easier, you can use your device where you like and how you like and its a strong, sturdy beast of a cable that the designers have managed to create to look good as well as to be functional. I’m delighted with it.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

[Apple MFi certified] Avantree® portable 5cm keychain Lightning to USB short sync charge cable, compatible with iOS all versions

4.0 out of 5 stars Sadly it doesn't work with iPhone's housed in protective chunky cases like the Otterbox Defender which my phone is in., 4 July 2015
I received this product at a discount in return for an honest review.

I was very taken with the ideal of having an emergency lightening to USB cable on my keychain! I have been caught out a few times whereby I’ve had a charging bank with me, yet forgotten my lightening cable to actually enable me to charge up my iPhone when away from home. This appeared to be the ideal solution, a mini Apple Certified charging cable that was always there on my keyring as they are always with me when I am out and about.

Sadly, it didn’t occur to me that it may not fit into the charging port of your iPhone if your iPhone is inside a case! Personally, I don’t know anyone who has an iPhone, be that a 5s like me or the new iPhone 6 who doesn’t have it in a protective case, so I’m thinking that the designers here should have taken that into consideration when designing what could have been a marvellous portable charging cable solution for many iPhone users etc.

It won’t work with my iPhone because my iPhone is housed in a military grade protective case and thus that means the lightening cable isn’t long enough to reach down to fit into the charging port on my iPhone. So ultimately, this is now just a very attractive, nicely built, decorative item for my keyring which is such a shame!

It is for this reason alone that I have given it 4 stars. It doesn’t work for people who have their phones in thick chunky cases. The build quality is excellent and as I recently had to review an item that had me removing my iPhone from its protective case for a short time to test a product, I was able to test that this keychain lightening charger does indeed work. Yes, it does, perfectly. As it is Apple Certified all works as it should - charging, data transfer and syncing etc.

It no longer fits now my case is back on my phone. This gives me a sad face as its a cool gadget that would be perfect for me if my phone wasn’t housed in an Otterbox Defender case. If you use an Otterbox or similar style case, this charger will be no good for you!

Its rather cute!

Manfrotto Pixi Mini Tripod - White
Manfrotto Pixi Mini Tripod - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning Italian design, Manfrotto build quality, absolutely gorgeous! Highly Recommended!, 4 July 2015
I’ve got several Gorillapod tripods which work great with my compact, street and action cameras, but I wanted a dedicated tripod to use solely with my sports camera and after browsing and doing some research I chose this model - The Pixie Mini Tripod from Manfrotto in stunning white and its gorgeous! Much more attractive than the black, this is just stunning and looks cute with my sports camera happily attached to it.

It arrives beautifully packaged (ideal as a gift!) and after you’ve broken your way into the packaging you see the stunning Italian design of the tripod, its a tripod of much beauty and style, a bit like the ladies of Italy.

The newly designed push button mechanism of the ball head is brilliant. Press it to move the ball head into the correct position for your shot or your video and release and the camera stays rigid in place as the ball head is locked into position. Perfect.

Its lightweight, easy to use and easy to pop into a bag to take away with you for the day. If you close the legs you have a superb support to hold your camera steady and easily. You can securely hold your camera up above your head and capture that great shot or video that you want.

Its beautiful. I love beautiful things and the Italian design delights the eye of the onlooker. The excellent build quality of Manfrotto tripods has long been a photographers favourite. This marriage combines to give me in my opinion, the best mini tripod for me.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Well worth its selling price, I am delighted.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Kenley Self Adhesive Carpet Floor Stairs Protection Film - Heavy Duty Puncture & Water Resistant - 60cm x 100m Roll
Offered by Smart Parts UK, Digital Lifestyle Retailer

5.0 out of 5 stars Protected my hall carpet from paint damage when I recently decorated it. Unrolls easily, big 100m roll, plenty left over., 4 July 2015
This self adhesive carpet protection film arrived just in time to assist with the decorating of the ceiling of my hallway. Previously I have used large plastic decorating sheets that I’ve bought quite cheaply at the DIY shop but they are not very efficient as they ride up and move around when you walk on them, so inevitably I end up with paint on the carpet somewhere.

The hallway is quite small so I didn’t have to use a lot to have my first try at using this to protect my carpets. It was quite easy to unroll and to fit onto the carpet, just needing a press down to have it secure. You can barely see it when its down and its nice to walk on as its not slippy in any way. In fact, you tend to forget its even there.

This 100m roll still has plenty left to use again for another decorating task. Not a lot else I can say about a roll of plastic film other than it works great, it kept my carpet clean whilst I was painting and I am delighted with it. I did have to wrap a large piece of clingfilm around it before putting it away after use as its sticky on the outside of the roll, so you can just find the start and roll it straight out and down onto your carpet. Its great!

RECOMMENDED.

Kenley Paper Punch Binder Binding Machine with Starter Combs Set - 21 Hole / 450 Sheets
Offered by Smart Parts UK, Digital Lifestyle Retailer

5.0 out of 5 stars Machine great, gives very professional results. Instructions were beyond useless and wasted several hours of my time!, 4 July 2015
Before I start saying how much I like this machine I want to have a moan about how absolutely rubbish the instructions are! I do not exaggerate when I say that I wasted almost 3 hours on trying to figure out how this machine worked and that I destroyed all of the 10 ’starter combs’ that came in the kit trying to do so. Its a good job I’d ordered a pack of 100 binding covers and a pack of 100 binding combs which were delivered this morning, else I would have been snookered and this machine would be sat in the bottom of my outside waste bin, I was that annoyed by the time I’d finished faffing about with it!

I am proud to say I bound a series of documents together ‘perfectly’ complete with binding cover and it all looks very professional indeed. I won’t moan about the fact that I didn’t get my dinner till almost 10 pm or the fact that watching 3 videos online which were aimed at different but similar machines was a total waste of time also! Its been a day!

So, the machine. It arrives nicely boxed and the box has a handle, so you can carry it about easily if you choose to store this in its box between uses. Once I’d taken it out to have a good look at it I was very impressed at the build quality, its wonderful. Heavy, sturdy and looks like it will be very durable and last forever etc. Its big and needs a good amount of space to use it comfortably and it also needs a sturdy surface. I stood it on my huge kitchen table. The instructions are rubbish, enough said. I mean, the instructions bare no resemblance at all to what you actually do in order to bind pages together. The instructions have you wasting hours of your time!

The handle needs to be attached prior to using and that was a simple matter of placing it on and screwing it on securely. Prior to packing it away again you’ll need to take the handle back off in order for it to fit back into the box.

The binding combs that come free inside the box with it are the same as the one’s I bought a box of 100 of and they seem good quality. The machine punches the holes required in the paper very easily, that was fun to do, I was punching holes a lot, the amount of waste I had as I couldn’t figure out how to use it and I didn’t have anyone to call who is a rocket scientist to help me!

But, as the clock strikes past midnight and I write this review, the machine is not in the bin, its safely back in its box and I like it, I like it a lot. My booklet that I eventually got made looks brilliant and I will have much fun with this machine. I have taken lots of pics to show you how I figured out how to do it. Its a good quality, sturdy machine that does what you need it to do and does it well. A handy thing to have around and no doubt from now on I will be creating booklets out of everything !

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20