Profile for Celticprincess > Reviews

Content by Celticprincess
Top Reviewer Ranking: 93

Celticprincess "What you send out, comes back to thee thricefold" (Scotland, United Kingdom)
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Denman D200 Vent Hair Brush with Flexible Pins
Denman D200 Vent Hair Brush with Flexible Pins

3.0 out of 5 stars A change in the build quality is disappointing to a long-time buyer of this Denman Vent Brush - plastic bristles hard on scalp!, 19 April 2015
I’ve had 2 of these exact Denman Vent brushes for over a decade now and I’ve always loved them, owning a black one and a pink one. The pink one eventually after daily use for a decade lost a couple of rubberised bristles and thus I decided to replace it.

As I couldn’t find another pink one on Amazon I chose a black one. The build quality is NOT the same! However i’ve kept it and not returned it as I needed it (I like one in the bathroom and one in the bedroom) but it is in no way as good as the two exact same model vent brushes I have owned for over a decade.

They’ve changed the quality of the materials used in the bristles, they used to be made of a rubberised material that was extremely comfortable in use on the scalp. This one is hard and rather uncomfortable - the bristles are now made from a cheaper to manufacture hard plastic! Very disappointing to a long time buyer and user of this vent brush by Denman!

But, I’ve kept it as its the best brush I know for just brushing out my hair at the end of the day when I’ve had hairspray on it and also its superb for using when I am collecting my hair up into a ponytail etc. I’ve gone back to using my Aveda paddle brush for brushing as this vent brush is so uncomfortable on the scalp if you press on too hard when using it.

So, a good brush design but the change of materials used in manufacture lend this to be a big let down!

PHD Woman 500ml Clear and Gold Shaker
PHD Woman 500ml Clear and Gold Shaker
Offered by Discount Supplements

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, no leakage, mixes my protein shakes perfectly and its a delight to drink from. An excellent purchase. A+++, 19 April 2015
I purchased this PHD Woman 500ml shaker as I also purchased some PHD Protein powder the same day from here and I like my products to match :)

Really delighted with it and already prefer it to my other shakers on account of the fact that its smaller in size - holding 500ml rather than 750ml or a litre etc and its very attractive to look at with the design and the gold lid. Pretty and I like pretty.

It is superb at mixing my protein shakes, and the lid is totally leak proof, I’ve shaken it extremely vigorously many times every day now and not one sign of leakage, so its very secure.

I’ve also taken it out with a premixed shake in it and its transported very happily and safely in my bag with no leakage.

Not a lot else to say about a protein shaker other than its great value, sturdily and well built, does what it says it does and is targeted at women with its design and look.

Delighted!

Highly Recommended! A+++++

Trekking poles Star Rover® - black colour hiking poles - easy adjustable walking poles telescopic for trekking and hiking with carry bag - extremely robust - anti-shock-system - great hand grip - 30-day money-back guarantee - Enjoy more Vitality, more Safety and more Fun with Star Rover® Walking Poles!
Offered by Amipe

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb high quality trekking poles with added extras. Lightweight, excellent build quality, comfortable to hike with A++++, 19 April 2015
I am simply delighted with these trekking poles, such a great purchase! I’ve been a hiker and a hillwalker for a long time now and a trekking pole is an essential part of my outdoor kit for both safety reasons and for comfort whilst I am trekking.

When I saw this offer, for 2 trekking poles at this amazing price I had nothing to lose, so trusting some of the other great reviews here I went ahead and ordered and I am so glad I did :) For the price paid the functionality and build quality is simply outstanding.

They arrived well packed in a long box that it took me a while to get into but everything was very easy once I had gotten them out of the box. They came already packed into their own black drawstring carry case that is designed very like my tripod carry case with a convenient handle that will allow me to carry them packed over my shoulder should I wish. But mine will get used every couple of days so I don’t plan on packing them away into their bag now I’ve got them both adjusted perfectly to suit both me and my husband. I use 1 pole trekking and so does he, so to get two for this price was just amazing!

It took a short while and no needing to read the instructions to adjust the lengths to suit us both but if you are unsure how to adjust these poles they come with a fully comprehensive instruction leaflet that not only tells you how to adjust them perfectly to suit you, but also about the anti-shock system, how to activate it and also how to turn it off etc. There is also lots of information on safety and maintenance of your poles and information about the wonderful 90 day money back guarantee.

Having used these poles for 4 hours on a superb trek over technical terrain yesterday afternoon, only several hours after they arrived, I seriously doubt anyone will be wanting to return these with that guarantee. The workmanship is top-notch, they look damn good, they are superb to hold and hike/trek with on account of the rubberised ergonomic handles which ensure an easy and comfortable grip and no wrist fatigue in use! and the anti-shock feature is superb and I will leave it activated at all times as its so much more comfortable to trek with them in that mode.

Unusually you also get 2 SPARE rubber ferrules in with the poles, so in total they came with 4 rubber ferrules! This was quite amazing for me as one of my other poles was missing a ferrule so I borrowed one of these for it hehe and I’m still left with a spare if hubby or me lose one for these. Amazingly also you get a clip that holds both of the poles together for storage. I store my poles in the corner of my entrance hall so they are easy to grab on my way out. I simply clipped both of my Star Rover poles together when we returned yesterday afternoon and they look neat and tidy in the corner. These guys have thought of everything other pole manufacturers have done and expanded on it to make these even better in lots of ways. The poles came with 2 skirts that are easy to fit and I also leave those on permanently as I just prefer my poles with skirts on. Anyway, most of the time I trek on technical terrain and my poles work better with skirts on. They look cute too!

Constructed from high quality but light Aluminium these poles are a joy to use and easily adjustable to suit your height. My husband is taller than me and there was no issue whatsoever adjusting his to fit his taller frame. When adjusted, a nice tight screw and I felt totally secure. The build quality is EXCELLENT!!!

They look good, do what you want them to do, give extras (2 sets of rubber ferrules and removable skirts and a carry bag!) and for a price that is insane for the quality - one of my other poles cost more to buy than these two together and with no rubber ferrule, no spare ferrules, no carry bag and a none removable skirt … go figure! I’ve not heard of this brand of trekking pole before but I am now a firm fan, you would be hard pushed to spend your money more wisely than purchasing these babies.

AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!

10/10 for build quality, design, functionality, extras, price point, value for money, usability.

AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!

Highly Recommended and I know my Trekking Poles! xx
Comment Comment | Permalink

AMNIE Bohemian Style Canvas Fabric 13-13.3 Inch Laptop / Notebook Computer / MacBook / MacBook Pro / MacBook Air Sleeve Case Bag Cover, Glory in the Flower
Offered by Amnie

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE it, its just perfect. Gorgeous Bohemian design, bright and vibrant, superbly protective and chunky quality zip A+++++++++, 16 April 2015
This laptop case is beautiful, functional, stunning in design and superb at protecting my investment. Just the right size (I chose the 13.3” model) for my MacBook Pro and as soon as it arrived I slipped it in. The zip is amazing - strong, sturdy and chunky! It looks fabulous, I love chunky zips and the Amnie logo on the zip pull is very fetching.

The Bohemian style design suits my personality perfectly and it makes me smile to look at it. Its cheerful and bright and oh so pretty! But, looking good isn’t enough when you are housing and protecting an expensive laptop, so it has to work for me too. It does ☺ The canvas fabric is chunky and sturdy offering wonderful protection and the inner padded layer is ideal for shock absorption. Its important to say that the inside is so wonderfully soft and strokeable too.

Whilst offering superb protection and admiring comments from others who see it, its also lightweight and easy to slip into my backpack too for when I’m travelling.

The zip, I am loving it! in fact, I am loving the whole laptop case in every way and for that reason I am recommending this 100% as a superb laptop case.

The colours are so vibrant and the online picture does not do this gorgeous laptop case justice. I love it. See my pictures to see how good it looks.

10/10 for design, quality of build, protective qualities, weight, style and value for money.

NOTE: I was contacted directly and was sent this product for free. I was asked to use it fully and to write an honest, unbiased review. My being given a free item in no way influenced my review of this product.
Comment Comment | Permalink

GRDE® Smart Sound Control Lamp, Lucky Bedside Table Lamp with Sound Activated Function, Energy Saving LED Night Light, Great Gift for Children (Upgrade Version, UK Plug)
Offered by UK tree

5.0 out of 5 stars Quirky, intuitive, gives off a no glare, gentle light and is a cracker of a bedside lamp ... Love it! And it brings Good Luck A+, 15 April 2015
This really is a quirky and original looking lamp with some rather exciting features that I really like. The design of the base symbolises ‘Good Luck’ and apparently simply using and having the lamp will bring me good luck. I’m all for that :)

I used it for the first time last night and already I am loving it and have unplugged my regular, rather boring nightlight that used to reside in the socket by my bed. This is so much better! more intuitive and looks nicer :)

Its a clever wee lamp - which has 3 modes … On, Off and Sound. On is self explanatory, likewise for Off but its all in the Sound mode function that the good stuff happens. It switches itself ON and OFF when it hears a sound that is up to 60 db. Which means quite simply that I can talk to it to switch it on, clap my hands, stamp my feet or whatever noise I want to make and I tried quite a few last night lol - but when it does come on in the night (darkness) it only stays on for 2 minutes so you don’t need to worry about turning it off.

Last night I woke in the middle of the night to go to the loo. I clapped and it came on to light my way across the bedroom, avoiding banging my toes or treading on the cat as I went … a nice ambient light that doesn’t blind the hell out of your eyes and wake you up fully but nor is it too dim. The light output is just perfect. When I went back upstairs and back into the bedroom the light was of course off, so I just clapped again and it came on to light my way back into bed. I then just curled back up into bed and it went off a couple of minutes after it had come on! No messing, no switching on and off, no hassle whatsoever. I really like it :) I slept like a baby and I feel happier with it in my bedroom, knowing it will come on if and when I need it to.

It is designed to be plugged into the socket 24 hours a day and left on the CONTROL function if you want it to work like this. Its sensors stop it coming on throughout the daytime hours and its programmed to only switch the light on when it is dark and a sound ‘wakes’ it up. The light itself is powered by a LED bulb which costs such a small amount to run per year and has a lifespan of 50,000 hours. Awesome. So its not going to be dying on me anytime soon. The light is soft and gentle and gives off no glare, for that reason alone it is ideal for use in bedrooms for both adults and children.

I cannot fault it in any way and I seriously love this lamp and highly recommend it to you. I would however like to see a more expensive version of this lamp, a lamp I would surely be happy to buy alongside this one. I would suggest to the manufacturers that they make an exact copy of this lamp but with a heavier solid wood base, painted the exact same colour. A premium version of this lamp would be awesome! This lamp is a little on the light side but that does not detract from my loving it in any way, I would just prefer a heavier, wooden base that felt more substantial when I picked it up!

The translation from Chinese to English on the box gave me some serious giggles I must say *lol* e.g. Just need to clap your hands, the light will be auto on. No need to afraid of the dark and worry that the elderly will not fall down anymore … LMAO *giggle* I think they meant to say that you won’t need to worry that the elderly will fall down anymore etc …

Although the instructions do bring amusement and could be considered confusing the operation of the lamp is simplicity itself and should present no one with any issues :)

Do buy it, its a little treasure of a lamp and I’m loving mine!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED !!!!!! its cute too :)
Comment Comment | Permalink

AVANTEK DS32 10-Year Lifetime Smoke Detector Fire Alarm with Photoelectric Sensor, White
Offered by Avantek UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb quality Photoelectric smoke alarm that offers 10 years of battery life and lots of superb features. A must buy., 14 April 2015
All homes should have a smoke alarm as a matter of safety, several infact and I did indeed already have 2 fitted. They were not wired to the mains and were battery operated, but the problem with battery operated smoke alarms is their limited battery life. What drew me immediately to this superb smoke alarm was the 10 year battery life! The unit comes complete with its own built in Lithium ion battery. That’s very impressive to say the least and leaves you feeling safe and secure once its fitted. Mine is now fitted upstairs and I know I don’t need to worry about its battery for a decade. Excellent!

It arrives simply boxed and includes a comprehensive instruction leaflet that advises on how to fit it, where to fit it and also it ships with 2 screws and raw plugs to enable you to fit it.

One thing I learnt when I read the instruction leaflet was that Photoelectric smoke alarms are better at detecting and alerting you to slow smouldering fires that smoulder for hours prior to bursting into flames. I felt extremely reassured by this information that prior to reading that leaflet, I didn’t even know!

I like the fact also that the unit has an operating LED light which flashes every 53 seconds to confirm to you that the unit is working and protecting you and there is also a low battery warning alarm ( beeps every 40 seconds) which I haven’t actually heard as my unit is new but I’m glad its there so that when my alarm battery is running low I will be aware enough to do something about it rather than leaving me unprotected.

A lot of smoke alarms go off when there isn’t actually a life threatening fire in progress, they can simply be activated by non-dangerous smoke caused by cooking etc. In the past when this has happened (and it has!) I’ve had to open all windows and swish the smoke out to bring silence again lol. Not with this unit, this unit has a fab feature called ‘temporary alarm pause’ which means that I can temporarily ‘silence’ the unit (not actually turning it off, it just quits the screaming noise) whilst you finish your cooking etc. If you forget to turn that feature off, no worries - this clever smoke alarm simply reactivates the noise after 15 minutes. Superb! They have thought of everything, including allowing for human error, I like that as we all forget things and this unit works independent of my forgetting to switch the noise back on.

The instructions are comprehensive with regards to where it is best to locate your smoke alarm and I like that also because the location of a smoke alarm is just as important as actually having one!

The unit is of an excellent build quality and I am totally delighted with it. I think this premium smoke alarm outshines most others because of its excellent list of features and the fact that the guess work is taken out of protecting yourself and your loved one’s from fires.

I highly recommend it! Superb bit of kit.

The Gnomes Of The Night
The Gnomes Of The Night
by Itzik Klein

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully illustrated, a delightful story that will engage both child and reader. Lovely! Really enjoyed it x, 14 April 2015
This really is a delightful little book about a young boy called Ryan who encounters the night gnomes. These cheeky little Gnomes snatch up misplaced items and claim them as their own! Cheeky wee devils that they are hehe.

The story is both funny and charming and the book is beautifully presented with illustrations by Fanny Liem. I feel it is the perfect story for a young child to be read at bed time - it is also an ideal book to read together with your child.

The illustrations are bright and vibrant, the story is both rhyming and engaging and the glossy binding makes this book also beautiful as a gift for a young child. Even though I'm an adult, I enjoyed reading it also.

I would definitely recommend the paperback version over the kindle version as it really is a beautiful little book and it being physical you can pass it on to friends or other family members once you have enjoyed it.

A lovely book, beautifully presented and an ideal purchase.

Highly recommended!

I'm now passing this on to a lovely little girl who I know will just love it.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Leather Jumping Rope Golden Stallion by NutriChamp® with wooden handle - hand made - skipping rope with ball bearings and removable weights - Jumping rope for adults - finally a leather skipping rope with adjustable length - last jump rope you will ever need - The best investment for your dream figure and health
Offered by Amipe

5.0 out of 5 stars The King of jump ropes! Beautifully crafted from quality wood and real leather. A stunning addition to your fitness equipment., 13 April 2015
# Golden Stallion Jump Rope

This Golden stallion jump rope is the king of skipping ropes, stunning jump rope crafted from real wood and quality leather. You can feel and see the quality the minute you take it out of the packaging and hold it in your hands.

I haven't skipped since I was at school (which is but a few years ago of course lol) and I found it a rather exciting prospect to skip again, so when I was offered the opportunity to review this jump rope I accepted happily.

It arrives neatly presented in a Ziploc bag which is ideal for storing it in-between uses. I found the rope itself to be way too long for me initially, but thankfully its adjustable to suit your height and individual requirements. However tall you are, there is enough rope here to suit you! There is an instruction leaflet inside the packaging which explains in detail how to shorten the leather rope to your appropriate length. Also supplied is an Allen key which is used when resizing the leather rope.

I did find it a bit tricky fitting the rope length to my height but thankfully I had some assistance in doing this. I recommend you try to get someone to help you resize your rope and do remember it is better to cut off too little rather than too much, so go easy until to get to the correct length.

The instruction leaflet advises that you do not use this jump rope on concrete as obviously the leather would be worn away by the scraping on the harsh concrete. The instructions suggest you would be better to skip on a yoga mat or carpet etc.to prolong the life of your investment in your fitness. I use my jump rope to skip in my garden on the grass as the ceilings in my home are not high enough to enable me to skip indoors. You however, may be able to do this.

A wonderful design feature of this jump rope is the engraved Golden Stallion on the wooden handles. Very pretty! The whole jump rope is this delightfully made and is crafted from top quality materials, making this jump rope truly the king of jump ropes. I certainly have never seen one so beautifully made as this nor ever used one as lovely to skip with. It actually encourages you to want to skip! which is of course excellent for cardiovascular fitness and could be superb for you if you are looking to drop a few pounds or so.

The excellent quality and premium presentation of the jump rope tell me that this would be ideal to give as a gift, though do buy one for yourself as well as I think you will love it as much as I do and be loathe to part with it.

Yes, looking at the price of your average jump rope this could be a considered purchase, however in my opinion it is more than worth the extra cost. I fail to see how anyone could not be delighted with it. I feel very fortunate to have been chosen to review it and I am determined to use it regularly to help me maintain my fitness as it is so beautiful.

Highly recommended!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 14, 2015 8:36 AM BST

MeasuPro BPM-50W Digital Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor with Heart Rate Detection, Hypertension Color Alert Display, Two User Modes, IHB Indicator and Memory Recall
Offered by Five Star

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully designed, premium quality, compact and delivers everything you need in a blood pressure monitor 5***** Love it!, 13 April 2015
When I was asked to review this digital wrist blood pressure monitor I happily obliged as I do like to keep a check of my blood pressure. After using it quite a few times now since its arrival over the last week or so, I can say without a shadow of doubt that this is the best BP monitor I've ever used. What makes it so unique is the fact that its worn and used on your wrist and its as easy to use as a wristwatch. I did wonder if it would fit my very small wrists but as its adjustable there was no problem there at all. This will fit wrists from my size, which is quite small through to a larger sized masculine wrist.
It's also nicely boxed with both a picture and all the information you need on the outside which explains fully everything this Measurepro blood pressure monitor does.

Inside the box as well as the BP monitor there is a fully comprehensive product manual which is clear and easy to understand. Setting up the unit is a breeze. The first thing you need to do is to install the two AAA batteries which are included and then replace the cover. It does say in the instructions that it is important to set the date and time before using the BP monitor for the first time. I did this easily just by following the instruction booklet and by using the MEM button on the digital LED display.

The 1st time I used this unit I was rather excited as it seemed so simple to use and the comprehensive instructions on how to position your arm and how long to rest for prior to using the unit were simple to follow. I loved the fact that it also gave me a pulse reading. Within seconds I had an accurate reading of both my blood pressure and my pulse. The good news is that there is a chart on page 14 of the product manual explaining what your reading means. I was happily reassured that my blood pressure was in the normal range which pleased me a great deal.

The unit is designed to be used by 2 people and it will keep accurate records, up to sixty of those records using the easy access buttons. It has also got a colour-coded backlit screen which looks very nice indeed.

The build quality of the unit is exceptional and I couldn't be more delighted with it. It is easy to use, easy to store and transport and I feel that this is one BP monitor that you will actually use time and time again rather than just using once, popping it in a box and it never seeing the light of day again.

Of course the instruction booklet does advise that if you do have any concerns about your reading at all you should go and see your family doctor.

The digits on the display are clear and easy to see and to read, in fact the entire unit is very simple and easy to operate. I am simply delighted with it. Since its arrival I have found myself checking my blood pressure daily and also my husband has been doing the same. I highly recommend this to you. I love it.

10 out of 10 for build quality, ease of use, a well laid out instruction booklet and an excellent price point.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Happy Pastry Chef Non-Stick Silicone Rolling Pin 39cm - Best Rolling Pin for Uniform Dough Thickness - For all your Bakery and Pastry (Red)
Offered by luxplosion

5.0 out of 5 stars Really pretty, great to roll with, virtually no stick to shortbread dough and easy to clean. Whats not to love? A+++++++++, 3 April 2015
I love baking and up to now have always used a solid wooden rolling pin. However, over recent years I have taken to using silicon bakeware which I really enjoy using. When I saw this silicon rolling pin I thought I just have to give this a go. I liked the fact that I could choose the colour of the silicon and opted of the red as I thought it looked pretty. It does, its lovely!

As far as rolling pins go, its a top performer. Rolling out pastry is a breeze as it just doesn’t stick at all to the rolling pin and even making Scottish shortbread which is a very dry mixture, I have had no problems with it. Its a good size in length, pretty average at just under 8 inches for the silicon band, which is perfect for all my rolling out needs.

The wooden handles are top quality and the rolling pin rolls so easily, its a joy to use! I’ve actually started baking just a little bit more since this arrived and its so nice to use. I haven’t thrown out my old trusty plain wooden rolling pin but I always reach for this one now :)

Its really easy to clean. I just dunk it in the washing up bowl and a quick wipe over or more often than not just a quick rinse under a running tap.

The picture I have uploaded shows how little there is stuck to the rolling pin when rolling out very dry shortbread dough.

I love it, it was an excellent purchase and I highly recommend it to you!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 18, 2015 5:43 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20