Profile for MomRay > Reviews

Lewis - Series Four [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kevin Whately
Offered by Champion Toys

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 25 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Lewis - Series Four [DVD] (DVD)
We enjoy the Lewis series, and like to be able to see the shows whenever we want. In a work of TV that often leaves the watcher wondering, how there can be so many channels, and so few shows one might want to watch, it is lovely to have some old friends on hand!

Russell Hobbs 13406 1.5 L Digital Filter Coffee Maker in Black with Keep Warm Plate

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, 25 Sept. 2013
This is a simple coffee maker at a reasonable price. We do prefer to use a no 2 paper filter inside the basket provided, however, mostly because it is so much easier to clean up. As Americans, we 'make coffee' rather than making 'a coffee'. And when it comes to filtered coffee, this makes a good amount and keeps it hot for 2 hours.

Midsomer Murders: The Complete Series Thirteen [DVD]
Midsomer Murders: The Complete Series Thirteen [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Nettles

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Midsomer Murders, 25 Sept. 2013
I really like MM, even though way too many people die. We also love tracking the scenes to identify Oxfordshire locations.

When Society Becomes an Addict
When Society Becomes an Addict
by Ann Wilson Scheaf

5.0 out of 5 stars Have we become a co-dependent society?, 25 Sept. 2013
One of the characteristics of a strong society is the strong people who live and work there. Have we become a society of care-takers who somehow believe that we and others must be safe at all costs? It isn't working, and Anne Wilson Schaef is challenging us to look at our beliefs, practices, parenting, expectations, etc.

Escape from Intimacy: Untangling the "Love" Addictions : Sex, Romance, Relationships
by Anne Wilson Schaef

5.0 out of 5 stars Among my favorite authors on the topic of relationships and addiction, 25 Sept. 2013
Anne Wilson Schaef is a psychologist and premier writer on the topic of addiction - the whole assortment of self-destructive behaviors we humans find to try to comfort ourselves, fill empty lives. This book confronts our discomfort that comes from our inability to be open and honest to ourselves about what's really wrong in our lives - that quality sometimes referred to as authenticity. She describes our condition, and then outlines approaches for solutions to what's bugging us, and how to begin to let go. I love her work!

The first book of hers that I read is called 'Womens' Reality'. Definitely worth a read as well.

Ride the Fire (Leisure Historical Romance)
Ride the Fire (Leisure Historical Romance)
by Pamela Clare
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

4.0 out of 5 stars A very early work by this author, 25 Sept. 2013
I really enjoy the work of this author, and this is an early story that lead into many sequels. Not my favorite, but I enjoy having it as a reference to the following books.

MOBILE PHONE MAINS CHARGER FOR NOKIA 1100, 1101, 1110, 1110i, 1112, 1600, 2100, 2300, 2310, 2600
Offered by Gadgets online

3.0 out of 5 stars I needed it and it works, 25 Sept. 2013
This was an incredibly inexpensive solution to the problem that I had left my original unit in the States. It arrived quickly, and is exactly what I needed. My less than enthusiastic rating is that it becomes very hot to the touch as it charges my phone. I don't think it's a particular safety issue, but there you are.

BRAND NEW NON-STICK LOAF PAN 450g (1LB) BAKING TINS
BRAND NEW NON-STICK LOAF PAN 450g (1LB) BAKING TINS
Offered by Jas Household Suppliers Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Baking tins is a plural concept, 25 Sept. 2013
Imagine my surprise when my order for tins arrived as one tin. I have to say, at the price point, it was still a good deal, but definitely misleading. That said, It is a good piece of bakeware.

Endeavour: The Origins of Inspector Morse [DVD] (2012)
Endeavour: The Origins of Inspector Morse [DVD] (2012)
Dvd ~ Shaun Evans
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, but I wish it was the whole set, 25 Sept. 2013
I purchased this DVD thinking it was more of the back story of Morse. I wasn't even dissatisfied until I discovered that there are at least 6 segments of the back story that were shown on TV earlier this year. Nonetheless, as a real Morse fan, I enjoyed this, and will enjoy searching out the rest of the DVDs.

Me Before You
Me Before You
by Jojo Moyes

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book club selection, 25 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Me Before You (Paperback)
I would have said that I don't particularly care for fiction written in the first person, but this novelist really made it work. All of us in the discussion hours found many aspects of the character's dilemma, the other characters' issues as well, and of the general theme, to provide fascinating food for thought. A good read.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4