Profile for Graculus > Reviews

Content by Graculus

Graculus (Macclesfield, Cheshire, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
The Walking Dead #1
The Walking Dead #1

4.0 out of 5 stars Short and sweet, 15 Jun. 2016
Good, undead and free on Amazon. Short, but it is only the first episode and I expected nothing more. Enjoyable.

Masha Electric Potato and Vegetable Masher With Additional Aerator Blade (Just 20 Seconds)
Offered by Kitchen and Home Outlet

5.0 out of 5 stars Won't end up unused at the back of a cupboard., 22 May 2016
I'll admit, this purchase was one of those where I had a nagging doubt over the item's usefulness. I'm happy to report that all doubts evaporated the first time I used it. Firstly, this is NOT a hand blender. It extrudes the potato (or whatever you decide to mash) through the holes in the base, resulting in lovely lump free mash in a fraction of the time a manual masher takes. Its very well made, sturdy with good quality plastics throughout. The whipping attachment works well too!

Sony SBH60 Stereo Bluetooth Headset - Black
Sony SBH60 Stereo Bluetooth Headset - Black
Offered by CloveTechnology

5.0 out of 5 stars Not for sports, but light, comfortable and decent sound quality, 4 April 2016
I didn't buy these from Amazon, but a certain online retailer beginning with 7day...., and a bargain they were too at £18! As an ageing bloke with face furniture, I normally find on-ear headphones very uncomfortable as they tend to squash my ears back onto the earhook of my specs and this presses into my head, which gets hurty pretty quickly, so I normally put up with in-ear jobs (which I don't really like) or a pair of bulky (and expensive) over ear ones (which are brilliant, but not very practical). With these, I hardly know I'm wearing them! The downside of them not crushing my skull is that I wouldn't sky dive or loop the loop in them. But then, I probably wouldn't do that without them either. As for sound quality, it's decent, not "Hi-Res", but eminently warm and listenable - they also block out most external noise. Battery life seems good too. They're cheap enough to carry with you everywhere, though perhaps a minor criticism for some people may be that they don't fold. As I have a case this doesn't bother me at all though, and I'm a firm believer in not complicating things for the sake of it (apart from possibly this review). They simply do what they were designed for. I wholeheartedly recommend them.

For Select BMW and Mini Cooper Y Car Models - Control From Your Wheel- Compatible with Apple/ iPod / iPhone / iPad / iPad2 Dock Connector and 3.5mm Audio AUX and USB Charge/ Play/ Sync Cable . Works with all firmware versions
Offered by Bestin

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well., 17 Feb. 2016
Works well in my R56 Cooper, enables control of my ancient and long neglected 16Gb iPod touch (2G) and an 8Gb nano (3G) without issues. My only wish would be to make the cables long enough to hide the iPod in the armrest, but I guess that's pretty specific to me - and might make things a bit unwieldy.

It definitely works, and well, although I'm yet to be convinced this cable-plus-iPod combo offers any real advantages over a simple USB stick with MP3s on it.

100 CAPSULES NESPRESSO COMPATIBLE COFFEE - 50 pods Intensive flavor + 50 pods Arabica Creamy taste
Offered by italianachoice-com

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 16 Jan. 2016
These fit perfectly in my Citiz, no leaks, the coffee is delicious and it's half the price of nespresso. I'm on my 3rd box. Need I say more?

Nero 2016 Platinum (PC)
Nero 2016 Platinum (PC)

3.0 out of 5 stars Bluray player has been removed, 1 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Nero 2016 Platinum (PC) (CD-ROM)
As a nero 2015 Platinum user I was interested (and disappointed) to find out that they've removed the bluray player from this package. I bought the download version direct from Nero, at a reduced price, with a few "freebie" programs (including Stashimi, which appears to be a rebadged Audials one - this doesn't work in windows 10 by the way). Anyhow, as the bluray player NEVER worked for me, I can't say it's a big loss, but it's still a reduction in features for those who managed to get it to work. Essentially what you're getting is Burning Rom with a load of frippery round the edges, so the "upgrade" from 2015 really isn't worth it. I'm hoping they reintroduce a working version of the bluray player for 2016 - but somehow I doubt it. I think this is my last foray into the Nero world, I've been more and more disillusioned with the package with each upgrade. Keeping the install of the 2015 bluray player "just in case they fix it" doesn't really seem a sensible option and the loss of features means a loss of value, so I won't be upgrading again any time soon.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 5, 2016 10:01 AM GMT

Too Many Gods
Too Many Gods
Offered by Fulfillment Express

3.0 out of 5 stars High hopes...still listening. Excellent musicianship., 23 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Too Many Gods (Audio CD)
I took a chance on this based on the positive reviews and my being a child of the 70s, so the retro feel appeals. Some songs are great and instantly grab you, "Only in Vegas" for one. Others I can take or leave. Some sound a bit like "David Essex sings Supertramp" (currently unsure whether this is a good thing or not!). 5 Minute Celebrity sounds too much like a Who song, the lyrics suggest this may be deliberate though. Maybe, in the words of Robbie Robertson, "you like it now, but you'll learn to love it later".... I'm giving it a chance to grow on me.

Patriot
Patriot
Dvd

4.0 out of 5 stars A great start...., 23 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Patriot (Amazon Video)
Slightly twisted and distorted view of the spy genre. I enjoyed this pilot, some good acting and its always good to see Terry "the Stepfather" O'Quinn back. One thing though, I can see the "folk" (plot exposition) songs becoming tiresome. In fact I'd had enough by the end of this show, so please Amazon, not too many if this gets a full series! All in all a cracking start, some dark humour and definitely worth a watch. Recommended.

Wileyfox Storm 4G Dual SIM-Free Smartphone (Amazon Exclusive - Cyanogen 12.1, 5.5" Full HD Screen, 32GB ROM + 3GB RAM, MicroSD Slot, 20 MPX Rear Camera)

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy one!, 3 Nov. 2015
This is a great phone and very, very good value for money. Just to get the one negative out of the way first, it comes with a screen protector already applied. Personally I feel this would have been a great idea if it had been applied properly, but in effect the first thing I did was remove it as it was so badly fitted one edge had peeled away and it looked rubbish. I've seen several other reviews where they've seen bubbles etc on the screen, so it looks like a bit of an epidemic.That said, the screen itself is good, the software even better (I'm loving cyanogen OS), and the battery life, while not great, it beats my old, battered marshmallow nexus 5 very easily, which I wasn't expecting (though perhaps anything would be better than that phone's dodgy battery). Everyone's usage is different, but this phone is enough for my needs (I don't play games or videos very often), looks good and is great value. It's a bit fiddly to fit the SD card and Micro SIM tray, but once done, this should never need to be removed. Until you buy your next WileyFox that is....

John Wick
John Wick
Dvd

2.0 out of 5 stars Ultimately unsatisfying, 31 Oct. 2015
This review is from: John Wick (Amazon Video)
This film is several long, poorly choreographed fight scenes, interspersed with increduous "why don't the stereotypical bad guys just shoot him instead of strapping him to a chair?" and "was there really any need for that?" moments. Don't get me wrong, it's an OK watch, and despite his usual mumbling, wooden performance, its one of keanoonu's better films. It's no cinematic masterpiece though and a tad boring to be honest.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5